(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 82.
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I'm looking for that little blue thin plastic below the upper left flipper.
If anyone has this kicking around I'm willing to pay a fair price, thanks.

I made a few of those for myself - PM me your mailing info.

#752 7 years ago

Any links to tutorials on how to fix and repair the heads. Planning on buying and I'm trying to be proactive and learn how to fix the most troublesome pieces

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Any links to tutorials on how to fix and repair the heads. Planning on buying and I'm trying to be proactive and learn how to fix the most troublesome pieces

There are a few YouTube videos and pages out there, a quick google search should turn em up. Don't be intimidated by their reputation, it is slightly overblown. Getting the heads out is harder than fixing them.

#754 7 years ago

I want to join this club! Anyone leaving anytime soon?

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Just start at the beginning of this thread, and read!

#756 7 years ago

I got so excited catching up on this thread, I just had to dive in for an hour!

Gosh, I love this Game!

#757 7 years ago

Anybody know where to find a replacement eddy board? I've got a bad one, and it seems everyone is sold out!

Edit: never mind, got it fixed. Bad solder joint on one of the male connectors and a crapped out transistor. Problem solved!

#758 7 years ago

I think mine is upset with me.

Ever since I moved things around in the gameroom, I seem to be getting way more ball hops and airballs than I used to, expecially off the double ring post to the left of Ted. I also for the first time ever had a ball get airborne off the left ramp and clang of the bridge out sign.

I even went as far to buy a new digital level to make sure the game is dead 0.0deg level and at 6.5 deg on the playfield. The rubbers are in the right position, and I put new pads on every switch in the game and all new rubbers, but the ball just seems floatier than it used to be when the game was in its old location.

So the question is, am I imagining things and nitpicking or is there anything I can do to calm the ball down?

#759 7 years ago

Finally got to play a road show. Just as fun as i imagined it to be. Unfortunately the pin itself could have definitely used some love. Ted's eyes never opened and red's mouth was acting funny as well. The shooter rod wasn't good and the flippers were barely strong enough to reach ball lock. That being said it was working enough for me to play the game. Definitely going to pick this up next. For some reason everyone enjoys fixing rudy from funhouse but no one likes road show.

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Anybody know where to find a replacement eddy board? I've got a bad one, and it seems everyone is sold out!
Edit: never mind, got it fixed. Bad solder joint on one of the male connectors and a crapped out transistor. Problem solved!

Well if you still need one Pinbits has a new batch of their auto eddy boards available now - I just grabbed one.

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Well if you still need one Pinbits has a new batch of their auto eddy boards available now - I just grabbed one.

I got the board fixed, and the post office delivered the sensor to some house that wasn't mine, and won't take responsibility OR help, so I had to order another sensor.

Fn HATE the post office right now. They removed our old carrier who was awesome, and now we have a different person everyday. Three weeks ago mail was delivered by a guy in a Kings Jersey, basketball shorts, and a beanie.

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I made a few of those for myself - PM me your mailing info.

Thanks Hammerhead!
Stand up guy. Took the time to mail me the plastic and didn't accept any money.
Merry Christmas.

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Thanks Hammerhead!
Stand up guy. Took the time to mail me the plastic and didn't accept any money.
Merry Christmas.

Glad to hear you got them; I was worried the ink on the envelope had smudged and they'd be lost in Canada Post limbo forever.

Hope they work out for you.

Merry Christmas

#764 7 years ago

Any guides(with pictures) or videos on how to remove Ted's Head?

#765 7 years ago

None that I have seen, but its not difficult, just a lot of steps.

Both habitrails and ramps need to come out so you can access the bolts on the side of Ted's dozer blade, once you get those bolts our, unlatch the spring that connects the dozer lift arm to the cam. Then you need to unbolt the ted assembly and jaw motor.

#766 7 years ago

Question about the rules- When you get to the west coast and start multiball, is Ted's mouth supposed to open? For me, the dozer moves up and down, but his mouth stays closed, which seems odd to me.

1 week later
#767 7 years ago

Anyone have a factory hole where the ball drains? Did some playfields have this?

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Anyone have a factory hole where the ball drains? Did some playfields have this?

If you mean for a center post yes. Early games had this. Later ones did not.

#769 7 years ago

Was that the only difference? Does it affect the $ ?

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Was that the only difference? Does it affect the $ ?

I don't know about other differences, and it doesn't cause me to want to pay more or less at all.

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

Question about the rules- When you get to the west coast and start multiball, is Ted's mouth supposed to open? For me, the dozer moves up and down, but his mouth stays closed, which seems odd to me.

Im trying to remember if he even opens the dozer. If you look up one of bowens totourials on youtube you will see what it should look like.

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Im trying to remember if he even opens the dozer. If you look up one of bowens totourials on youtube you will see what it should look like.

Yeah, I don't think the dozer moves then.

#773 7 years ago

I was recording on twitch when I hit super payday, and the dozer moves, but ted's mouth stays closed unless he is screaming.

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I was recording on twitch when I hit super payday, and the dozer moves, but ted's mouth stays closed unless he is screaming.
» YouTube video

I'm sorry, but RS has one of the BEST wizard modes, just for comedy. The screaming always, always cracks me up.

#775 7 years ago

I still dont understand why people think funhouse is better tham road show. Maybe im just not old enough to have the nostalgia

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I still dont understand why people think funhouse is better tham road show. Maybe im just not old enough to have the nostalgia

Agree. RS is much better than FH. Most people can't get past the theme and music sadly.

#777 7 years ago

Here's my Road Show I shipped up to Canada from Southern California. I love the game and the pinballbulbs.com LED kit! This game is a keeper and looks great next to my TZ!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#778 7 years ago

Looks great! I need some leds for my rs. Hard to justify 200 dollars on lights. They sure do look pretty though

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

People hate fixing Ted. The hate for Ted is so strong that many people avoid owning the pin simply for Ted.

#780 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Looks great! I need some leds for my rs. Hard to justify 200 dollars on lights. They sure do look pretty though

The LEDs are a must on this machine, really makes it pop.

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

People hate fixing Ted. The hate for Ted is so strong that many people avoid owning the pin simply for Ted.

Then there's weirdo's like me who enjoy working on the games as much as playing... Maybe more!
Ted is not that hard to work on, if you know what you're doing.

#782 7 years ago

Any suggestions on a led kit? Found one for 170. Is that a good price?

#783 7 years ago

Most led kits for an entire machine, are usually over $200 for the kit. I think $170 is a good price.

#784 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Any suggestions on a led kit? Found one for 170. Is that a good price?

Build your own. I have yet to have gotten a kit I was happy with. Disclosure: I have only dealt with two; one that came with a Gilligans island, and one that came with a FT. I ended up using about 50% of the bulbs.

#785 7 years ago

Brightest led set you can get for roadshow? Was thinking of cointaker

#786 7 years ago

I use comet all over mine, natural white IMHO brings out the colors of the game better, I used the 5 LED in most of the GI, a couple blues in the back behind the heads. 2 LED color matched for inserts, keep in mind some inserts are wedge and some are bayonet, for the bayonet ones I recommend the flex head so you can aim them better.

NW LED strips in the drain hole, orange in the blast zone hole, green in the city hole really makes it look finished.

If you want to go the extra step, a couple of white strips on the inside curve of both ramps facing into the plastic really makes the ramps pop as well. I also added a couple of spots on the slingshot plastics.

#787 7 years ago

Comet = Best LED's... Period. I easily have about 1000 Comet LED's across my 8 machines, and I havn't had a single one fail yet. If you're going to make the investment, get the best, then you're done, a one time purchase and you're likely never replacing any bulbs ever again.

#788 7 years ago

How do i know how many to buy from comet? They dont sell kits its just create your own right?

Also how is macro led kits for rs?

#789 7 years ago

Most "kits" have a mix of white for GI and colors for inserts. You don't HAVE to use colored LED's for inserts or flashers, you can use white for everything and it will still look great, the domes and inserts are already colored for the intent of using white (incandescent) light! You can create your own custom color kit by referring to the bulb charts in the manual, that's how the LED suppliers create their kits! Once you have all your bulb totals, you can order in quantities from Comet and save money, plus they'll ship free once you hit $99+.

#790 7 years ago

erico201 , Is that the actual kit and followed the instructions? I like the violet, wondered if you deviated from the kit at all.
Is it as purple as it looks in the photo?
Any chance someone has a layout of the bulb color/location for that kit? I have tons of LED's and just need to order what I'm missing. Just might pimp it out .
Thanks.
JP

#791 7 years ago

Thanks theonlyest. Great help. I will def have to get a list going and order up some soon!

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I want to join this club! Anyone leaving anytime soon?

I got a minty one I'm considering selling, but it hasn't been shopped in awhile. I'm thinking about $3400-$3500, but you won't find one any nicer!

1 week later
#793 7 years ago

The silver ramps on the playfield. Is there a way to get them changed to a different color? Also what do you think would be a good compliment to the blue cabinet. I'm going to everything powder coated

#794 7 years ago

I just joined the club!
However I'm having a problem, my game doesn't register the city or skill shot, then the ball sits there until ball seach kicks it out of the hole.
What is my issue?

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just joined the club!
However I'm having a problem, my game doesn't register the city or skill shot, then the ball sits there until ball seach kicks it out of the hole.
What is my issue?

Switch test the city hole? Idk not a pro but see it the trough switch even works. Take the glass off and put a ball in there. If it doent kick out it has to be the switch.

#796 7 years ago

Glad to have just become the owner of a Roadshow! Game is in really good condition . Teds eyes need some work, everything else is working great.

IMG_6183 (resized).JPGIMG_6183 (resized).JPG

IMG_6199 (resized).JPGIMG_6199 (resized).JPG

IMG_6200 (resized).JPGIMG_6200 (resized).JPG

IMG_6206 (resized).JPGIMG_6206 (resized).JPG

IMG_6207 (resized).JPGIMG_6207 (resized).JPG

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just joined the club!
What is my issue?

Definitely the switch is not registering

#798 7 years ago

Maybe a wire came loose by the switch

#799 7 years ago

Anyone know what could be the problem with Teds eye lashes? I see his eyes moving inside his head but his eye leashes don't open. How does this mech work?

Plus my bulldozer isn't registering at all. I tried to adjust the opt boards underneath and the lights are on but nothing works still.

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know what could be the problem with Teds eye lashes? I see his eyes moving inside his head but his eye leashes don't open. How does this mech work?
Plus my bulldozer isn't registering at all. I tried to adjust the opt boards underneath and the lights are on but nothing works still.

If by optos you mean the eddy boards, the lights should be off, and only come on when they register the ball passing over. If the lights are on all the time you should hear the bulldozer constantly registering hits.

If you have a manual you can see the entire Ted head mechanism, the coils operating his eyelids are 12 and 13 in the sketch. If I remember correctly, coil 13 opens and closes his eyelids, and coil 12 holds them open for long periods of time so the coil doesn't always have to be "on".

On my RS Ted was a mess with broken wires to the coils, broken coil wires themselves and so on. Likely coil 13 is the culprit, but you'll have to take Ted out of the game to service him, and that involves removing a bunch of stuff to get him out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.