(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 82.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from TaradinoC:

My Ted's eyelids are staying closed more often than they should now, but not all the time. In the tests, they open as expected during "eyes wide", but during "eyes open", I hear a buzz but they don't open.
I haven't opened his head up yet, but in the manual it looks like there are only four coils (lids up/down, eyes left/right). What's the difference between open and wide then?

There are 4 coils if you count left/right. Iirc, The lower coil opens the eyes up wide, then they fall onto a stepper unit controlled by another coil in the back. When that coil is activated, the eyes close again. That stepper unit/plunger linkage can break pretty easily.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from TaradinoC:

My Ted's eyelids are staying closed more often than they should now, but not all the time. In the tests, they open as expected during "eyes wide", but during "eyes open", I hear a buzz but they don't open.
I haven't opened his head up yet, but in the manual it looks like there are only four coils (lids up/down, eyes left/right). What's the difference between open and wide then?

Under eyes wide, the coil number 13 in the diagram is activated. it pulls the plunger link down and that allows the eyes to stay wide open, as long as the coil is powered.

When the coil isn't live, the eyes will rest at either normally open position, or if coil 12 is energized, that vertical link (part #6) slides all the way up and the eyes close.

The normal operation of the plunger on coil 12 is to rest spung out, and it should catch always the vertical link (#6) at the little tooth that sticks out from it and hold in at the eyes open position. If the eyes go from wide to closed no problem, you have an issue with either plunger, the springs or the coil itself is stuck.

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG

Because Ted is a pain to get out, I would replace both the plunger links 4 & 6, the springs and the all too important and oft forgotten centering flange. They are all really cheap and break and wear out often.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from TaradinoC:

Here are all three states (closed, wide and open):

open:
open.jpgopen.jpg
wide:
wide.jpgwide.jpg
closed:
closed.jpgclosed.jpg

#704 7 years ago

Should Red just slide out from underneath? I removed the 4 screws and detached the gear but it seems to be hanging up as it won't come all the way out. Hanging on the screws on the side??

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Should Red just slide out from underneath? I removed the 4 screws and detached the gear but it seems to be hanging up as it won't come all the way out. Hanging on the screws on the side??

Yeah, the screws need to be out totally, and then you can wiggle it out.

#706 7 years ago

More stupid questions.....how does the white plastic arm come off the metal pin?

20160919_210842 (resized).jpg20160919_210842 (resized).jpg

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

More stupid questions.....how does the white plastic arm come off the metal pin?

Nope. Reattach it to the eye lids and attach the other pin. The with coils unscrewed and out of the way, feed everything down thru the top. Once the eyes are back in position feed the springs and coils back on the pins and remount the coils. Done. All that's left is getting the head back in to the playfield.

#708 7 years ago

Got it! Thanks everyone for the help! No more possessed Red!!

1 week later
#709 7 years ago

Anyone put a Pinsound board in Rs? Change the country to rock?

#710 7 years ago

hi

yes!! pinsound is great in RS

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
yes!! pinsound is great in RS
» YouTube video

There's no way anyone could go wrong with some Bad Moon Rising on a pinball.

1 week later
#712 7 years ago

So I have a small problem again. My GI on the left side is out. Not completely. If you look at the bulbs they're on. Very faint but there on. I took a voltage meter and tested both the right and left side... ones that are working around 6.3ACV other side around 2ACV. Is this a ground issue? Could I have a plug in the wrong spot on the board?

I recently had the board out to replace a transistor so I'm wondering if that could be the problem.

Would appreciate the help.

#713 7 years ago

It always seems to be the left side on this table.

check out this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-gi-lighting-out#post-2518170

On mine, it was J120, the connector itself was burned up pretty bad.

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

It always seems to be the left side on this table.
check out this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-gi-lighting-out#post-2518170
On mine, it was J120, the connector itself was burned up pretty bad.

So I checked J121 and it was burned a little on the left side. I wiggled the plug a little and if I actually pull the left side of the plug out a hair the lights work. Could this do further damage in the short term? I'll want to replace the plug just takes a while to get parts here.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So I checked J121 and it was burned a little on the left side. I wiggled the plug a little and if I actually pull the left side of the plug out a hair the lights work. Could this do further damage in the short term? I'll want to replace the plug just takes a while to get parts here.

Eventually it will burn more and create enough resistance to not work at all.

#716 7 years ago

here is a simply mod for the shooter plunger mounts

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksplungerplate&sort=name

Roadshow (resized).jpgRoadshow (resized).jpg

not my game

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

You should be ok for the short term, especially if you switched to LEDS, as the lower current draw will reduce heat on the connector.

#718 7 years ago

You should be ok for the short term, especially if you switched to LEDS, as the lower current draw will reduce heat on the connector.

I've had exclusive LED's in it since I've owned it in March. Only thing I don't have LED's in is the flashers on the back board behind the heads. Ran out of LED's.

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I've had exclusive LED's in it since I've owned it in March. Only thing I don't have LED's in is the flashers on the back board behind the heads. Ran out of LED's. I suspect the only reason it came to light is because I had removed the board to do some board work and pushed the plug on all the way when I replaced it.

1 week later
#720 7 years ago

Hey quick question. Anyone know how to turn un daily high scoreing? I thought rs had the option but i cant find it in the adjustments menu. Also will that erase the alltime high score list?

#721 7 years ago

hi guys, thanks for the RS club!!

hoping i could get some help.
i have a ground short in row 1..
i am checking all switches in row 1, but
can somebody please confirm which switch is #21 "teds mouth"?

manual shows switch is located to the right rear of teds head, but there is no switch there, so manual seems wrong.
i am also unable to use my diagnostic switches since this occurred as well.

it may be the eddy sensor, or something under the playfield. thanks///sparky

#722 7 years ago

It hink that it is an eddy sensor in front of TEDs mouth located under the playfield.

#723 7 years ago

Hi rygar, thanks for the reply.
After looking further, it seems that teds mouth switch is under the playfield in the metal subway going to the ball lock upkicker. Can anyone confirm? Thanks. Sparky

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Hi rygar, thanks for the reply.
After looking further, it seems that teds mouth switch is under the playfield in the metal subway going to the ball lock upkicker. Can anyone confirm? Thanks. Sparky

Correct.

#725 7 years ago

Thanks, now to figure out why my diagnostic switches are not working.....

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Thanks, now to figure out why my diagnostic switches are not working.....

Assuming you've checked to see if any wires have broken off the switches, look very carefully at the wires and connectors on the coindoor interface board. Tug at each wire gently to make sure none of the wires are broken off at the connector. Ive seen it happen many many times... IDC connectors + small gauge wire = eventual problems.

#727 7 years ago

thanks only...
i disconnected the connector from the interface board, and tested the switches using my dmm for continuity using the black ground wire, and each of the orange wires.

all switches seem to work correctly when pressed. i even checked the operation of the slam switch on the door itself, and it also seems good, so all seems good from switches to interface.

not to hijack this thread, i will start a new topic titled "WPC-S help needed" if you want to follow along there.... thanks/sparky

#728 7 years ago

I am just tossing it out there. If anyone has a roadshow topper FS, I would really like to buy one.

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

thanks only...
i disconnected the connector from the interface board, and tested the switches using my dmm for continuity using the black ground wire, and each of the orange wires.
all switches seem to work correctly when pressed. i even checked the operation of the slam switch on the door itself, and it also seems good, so all seems good from switches to interface.
not to hijack this thread, i will start a new topic titled "WPC-S help needed" if you want to follow along there.... thanks/sparky

If you used your finger instead of a ball to test those switches, re test them with a ball.

#730 7 years ago

Superbee, this post was referring to the coin door diagnostic switches, not playfield switches. No balls necessary. Sparky

#731 7 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Superbee, this post was referring to the coin door diagnostic switches, not playfield switches. No balls necessary. Sparky

Ahh, gotcha I missed that. Sorry!

#732 7 years ago

Desparately trying to find some yellow replacement ramps. I emailed the company that has the licence to make them but because they are yellow they are not interested to make them. I suggested making them in clear and I am going to colour them myself. Did not even get an answer.
ANYBODY out there with some they want to sell?

#733 7 years ago

Anyone ever see this? I think my flippers are too strong

20161027_201745 (resized).jpg20161027_201745 (resized).jpg

#734 7 years ago

www.TiltGraphicsInc.com

Road-Show-111 (resized).jpgRoad-Show-111 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#735 7 years ago

Did my own hazard light topper. Led driven and 12V they easily hookup to some flashers. In the video I have activated blast zone that's why they seem to be going off all the time. Just waiting for a yellow hard hat to arrive to put in
between.

#736 7 years ago

Going to leave the club soon if anyone is interested in joining PM me for details and description and pics.

#737 7 years ago

hi,i am happy because RS will be back at home i will post pics as soon as it will be mine
i was looking for one since one year but it's not so easy to find it in good condition

1 week later
#738 7 years ago

Had to share this, because I think I got a smoking deal! Went to an estate sale, mainly since I was interested in the tools that were mentioned. The guy was a retired caltrans construction worker, and had amassed a very large collection of good tools. Well in the corner of his shop framed was a perfect RS translite. Got it for 50 bucks! Pretty excited. The current one in my game is damn near perfect, and this one is even nicer!

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Had to share this, because I think I got a smoking deal! Went to an estate sale, mainly since I was interested in the tools that were mentioned. The guy was a retired caltrans construction worker, and had amassed a very large collection of good tools. Well in the corner of his shop framed was a perfect RS translite. Got it for 50 bucks! Pretty excited. The current one in my game is damn near perfect, and this one is even nicer!

You could likely easily sell your original if you wanted and make it an even better deal...There has been a thread for someone looking for one for a while. Mine is ok, but I have been passively looking for one for a while and they aren't out there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-road-show-translight

#740 7 years ago

You could likely easily sell your original if you wanted and make it an even better deal...There has been a thread for someone looking for one for a while. Mine is ok, but I have been passively looking for one for a while and they aren't out there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-road-show-translight

Not selling it at the moment, but thank you.

#741 7 years ago

How hard is it to fix problems with this pin for a beginner? Im really interested i purchasing one of these but i heard things blow quite frequently especially Ted's Head

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

How hard is it to fix problems with this pin for a beginner? Im really interested i purchasing one of these but i heard things blow quite frequently especially Ted's Head

It really isn't that bad. The heads are not as bad as people think honestly. The hardest part of this game is getting Ted out of the game. If I had to use a scale in terms of difficulty, I would say 5 out of 10. You can do it! Lots of info on the web, and of course here.

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I personally wouldn't recommend this game for a beginner. Too many diverters and complex assemblies for someone who has less than average pin repair skills & experience. Just my opinion.

#744 7 years ago

Ahh ok. I love this game but currently I'm learning how to disassemble a playfield and I've had a bunch of people tell me a lot won't bother fixing the heads. Last thing I want is something to blow and I can't fix it or find someone to help. I definetly want to own one in the future.

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Ahh ok. I love this game but currently I'm learning how to disassemble a playfield and I've had a bunch of people tell me a lot won't bother fixing the heads. Last thing I want is something to blow and I can't fix it or find someone to help. I definetly want to own one in the future.

Anybody who won't fix the main feature of the game shouldn't be listened to. It is really not that bad. RS was my second game behind FH. I too was intimidated when Rudy broke, but I dove right in, and I personally think the difficulty of the heads is far over blown.

#746 7 years ago

Any ideas my RS is not keeping the right date or time. I installed new battery's ect still same issue. Game plays fine

#747 7 years ago

Dear Red, I'm sorry it hasn't been working out with us lately.. it's not you....it's me....I just don't see us together..you sure we're a gooood time though & maybe one day we will meet again. But, I found a new girl..her name is Metallica pro and she a gooood time too! Love, Ted

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Was my first pin. I have been taking things apart since I was little, so I have a pretty good mechanical and electrical aptitude so it wasn't difficult at all. There is so much good info out there to help you along the way.

Just be methodical about how you take things apart, especially if they aren't going right back together. Take lots of pictures, organization is key, if possible re-insert screws back where they came from as long as you can so you don't lose them or track of where they go.

The Heads don't break that often in a home environment, IMHO most of the issues come from operators short-cutting on parts when they break down. Red is super easy to take out and fix if needed, Ted as has been said is the tricky one, but its always a good time to clean things since you have the ramp out and they NEVER get attention on location.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Anybody who won't fix the main feature of the game shouldn't be listened to. It is really not that bad. RS was my second game behind FH. I too was intimidated when Rudy broke, but I dove right in, and I personally think the difficulty of the heads is far over blown.

Really adds so much to the game, when they look dead and lifeless it really loses a bunch of charm.

#749 7 years ago

hi he's back again and this time i won't sell it

IMG_20161203_143138 (resized).jpgIMG_20161203_143138 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161203_143156 (resized).jpgIMG_20161203_143156 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161203_144925 (resized).jpgIMG_20161203_144925 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161203_145617 (resized).jpgIMG_20161203_145617 (resized).jpg

#750 7 years ago

I'm looking for that little blue thin plastic below the upper left flipper.

If anyone has this kicking around I'm willing to pay a fair price, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.