(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,082 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

36-50024 (resized).jpg
IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 82.
#501 8 years ago

Working on my dad's RS this afternoon. Almost ready to start the re-install of the rest of the topside, waiting for some LEDs to arrive.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I can't find the pic, but somebody painted one in Dewalt yellow and black and I thought it looked real good.

If you find the pic please post it up. On a construction themed pin that's the way I would go if I paint mine, since I'm not down with the Fisher-Price looking paint schemes.

#503 8 years ago

Off-topic of radio colors..

Does anyone know if any ROM revision used to have some kinda bonus for completing the wheel?

#504 8 years ago

The original post had the black and yellow radio.

#505 8 years ago

Here's my construction site radio.

20160217_143143.jpg20160217_143143.jpg

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Here's my construction site radio.

20160217_143143.jpg

Looks good. Wanna mail it to me?!

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Looks good. Wanna mail it to me?!

I'll trade you radios for a few hours of pinball on your awesome collection next trip in?

#508 8 years ago

If anybody is interested I have this topper for sale 120.00 shipped us.
http://www.pinballtoppers.com/Roadshow.html
Thanks

#509 8 years ago

I am finally in the club!

Played this a lot (every day) back in the days.

Looking forward to fixing all the small stuff. The usual: Ted eyelids, apron, and Cliffy protectors to the start city and blast hole.

I have the LX-3 roms, but I can't seem to find how to turn off the shaker? Any hints? New roms?

Axl

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Looking forward to fixing all the small stuff. The usual: Ted eyelids, apron, and Cliffy protectors to the start city and blast hole.
I have the LX-3 roms, but I can't seem to find how to turn off the shaker? Any hints? New roms?
Axl

If I remember right it is in the adjustments somewhere. Check your manual

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Axl

You need revision L-6:

Added adjustment for the shaker motor (default=NORMAL)
Values are NORMAL, SOFT, and OFF

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

You need revision L-6:
Added adjustment for the shaker motor (default=NORMAL). Values are NORMAL, SOFT, and OFF

Also very useful update in L-6:
Added special code to limit the amount of time the Red and Ted eyelids are activated to prevent the coils from overheating.

#513 8 years ago

Thank you very much Rygar!

Axl

#514 8 years ago

Simple, straightforward painting.
Nothing super fancy for myself.

IMG_20160227_234258_(resized).jpgIMG_20160227_234258_(resized).jpg

#515 8 years ago

I should be joining the club later today!

Question for you guys - what have you done about missing posts at the top of the Blast Zone targets? Looks like that area takes a beating.

*edit* Never mind! It appears Cliffy makes a repair kit. Thanks, Cliffy!

#516 8 years ago
3 weeks later
#517 8 years ago

I'm finally in the club. This RS is mint.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#518 8 years ago

So a couple of questions for fellow owners out there..

I have a few things happening on my table, a couple I would like to dial out, and one that I am not sure if is by design or not.

1) I am getting airballs off the white standup to the right of the bunker lock. Sometimes so powerful It hops the plastic and ends up on the right loop portion of the blast zone shot. I replaced the foam behind the standup, but it continues from time to time. How can I stop this? The standup target has a couple of wear grooves on its sides, could that be directing the ball?

2) Sometimes the ball gets stuck on the inverted V made by the ball guides right to the right of the skill shot hole. There is a post in the middle there with a new rubber, and I bent it slightly out and that seems to help, but I don't want to push it. Anyone else have this happen?

3) Now I am not sure if this is desgined behavior or not, but when exiting the habitrail on the right, the ball sometimes lands in the middle-right outlane instead of the left one which the exit slot on the wireform is directly over. Is this normal? or does yours always 100% of the time land on the left outlane triggering the bridge out lights?

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

So a couple of questions for fellow owners out there..
I have a few things happening on my table, a couple I would like to dial out, and one that I am not sure if is by design or not.
1) I am getting airballs off the white standup to the right of the bunker lock. Sometimes so powerful It hops the plastic and ends up on the right loop portion of the blast zone shot. I replaced the foam behind the standup, but it continues from time to time. How can I stop this? The standup target has a couple of wear grooves on its sides, could that be directing the ball?
2) Sometimes the ball gets stuck on the inverted V made by the ball guides right to the right of the skill shot hole. There is a post in the middle there with a new rubber, and I bent it slightly out and that seems to help, but I don't want to push it. Anyone else have this happen?
3) Now I am not sure if this is desgined behavior or not, but when exiting the habitrail on the right, the ball sometimes lands in the middle-right outlane instead of the left one which the exit slot on the wireform is directly over. Is this normal? or does yours always 100% of the time land on the left outlane triggering the bridge out lights?

1) bought a new reinforced target, I have no bounce issues
2)Does not happen to me
3)Usually goes down the left inlane for me.

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I'm finally in the club. This RS is mint.

image_(resized).jpeg

Congrats! Surprisingly great pin.
Has great shots, especially the one that goes behind both heads. Keeps surviving my cuts...

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Congrats! Surprisingly great pin.
Has great shots, especially the one that goes behind both heads. Keeps surviving my cuts...

Thanks! The shots are amazing.

#522 8 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday! Picked up a major RS Project and I'm really looking forward to the restoration. Does anybody have a collection of tear down and re assembly pictures they want to share? All of my parts are in boxes and I could really use some reference pictures. Thanks,

Mike

#523 8 years ago

All of you guys need my lockmod !

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdoctor1:

All of you guys need my lockmod !

What's a lockmod?

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

What's a lockmod?

never heard of it.

#526 8 years ago

The lock mod is simply a small DMD mounted on the plastic above the upper small flipper which show the status of the lock. Looks nice IMHO.

DSC00002_(resized).JPGDSC00002_(resized).JPG

#527 8 years ago

This happens sometimes here too. Only hard nudging can free the ball - but risking a tilt. I even tried to put a bigger rubber in it but the ball still sometimes gets stuck right in the gap between the two ball guides. It seems to be a very slight production tolerance, on one machine it happens on the other not. I just put a grey tape from one side of the ball guide to the other one (so that there is no gap). Now it does not happen anymore...

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The lock mod is simply a small DMD mounted on the plastic above the upper small flipper which show the status of the lock. Looks nice IMHO.

DSC00002_(resized).JPG

The only thing that would make that better is if it looked like this:

message_board_(resized).jpgmessage_board_(resized).jpg

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

DSC00002_(resized).JPG

What's the cost of your lock mod? Can we see a video of it in action.

#530 8 years ago

I remember I paid EUR 65 incl. shipping. But I still have not installed it.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

The only thing that would make that better is if it looked like this:

message_board_(resized).jpg

I think this would be a little bit too BIG...

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

This happens sometimes here too. Only hard nudging can free the ball - but risking a tilt. I even tried to put a bigger rubber in it but the ball still sometimes gets stuck right in the gap between the two ball guides. It seems to be a very slight production tolerance, on one machine it happens on the other not. I just put a grey tape from one side of the ball guide to the other one (so that there is no gap). Now it does not happen anymore...

Good idea. I will give that a shot.

I ended up having to search high and low for a white stand up target (everyone was OOS) but I finally found one...seems to have fixed my airball issues.

Ted broke a wire to one of his eye coils now.....so it's time to pull the ramps and do some cleaning.

#533 8 years ago

Anyone have used red and ted plastic faces?

1 week later
#534 8 years ago
#535 7 years ago

At what point in the game does Red fall asleep?

Reason I am asking is that somewhere in the board something is broken, and I've gotten too lazy to fix. I swapped the cables and Red works just fine as Ted, so I know it is on the board somewhere. Tested the transistor and the pre drive transistor, and both checked out. I just cannot recall her falling asleep, so if she doesn't....well f it I am not gonna fix it!

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Reason I am asking is that somewhere in the board something is broken, and I've gotten too lazy to fix. I swapped the cables and Red works just fine as Ted, so I know it is on the board somewhere. Tested the transistor and the pre drive transistor, and both checked out. I just cannot recall her falling asleep, so if she doesn't....well f it I am not gonna fix it!

I don't think *Red* ever falls asleep.
*Ted* falls asleep to light multiball..

#537 7 years ago

I agree, I have never seen Red fall asleep at any point in the game. Ted does before and during multiball.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I don't think *Red* ever falls asleep.
*Ted* falls asleep to light multiball..

That is what I thought....sweet!

#539 7 years ago

Red does go to sleep at game over, but that's it.

#540 7 years ago

Red does go to sleep at game over, but that's it.

Ok, I can deal with that later, but not gonna put the board work off too long.

#541 7 years ago

I had to do some work to fix a broken wire on teds coils, so I took the time to try a simple little mod...

IMG_20160419_223146079_(resized).jpgIMG_20160419_223146079_(resized).jpg

A couple of comet LED strips stuck to the the outside of the inside curve of the ramps, really makes them pop. On the inside curve so the leds are facing away from the player so it doesn't look distracting.

I also swapped the blast zone flasher cap with a red one instead of the yellow, I find it a lot less harsh and looks better overall.

I also put in a blue pop bumper cap LED ring instead of the white one, again, I find it doesn't look as intense as the white one did and adds nice splash of color.

#542 7 years ago

I had to do some work to fix a broken wire on teds coils, so I took the time to try a simple little mod...
IMG_20160419_223146079_(resized).jpg
A couple of comet LED strips stuck to the the outside of the inside curve of the ramps, really makes them pop. On the inside curve so the leds are facing away from the player so it doesn't look distracting.
I also swapped the blast zone flasher cap with a red one instead of the yellow, I find it a lot less harsh and looks better overall.
I also put in a blue pop bumper cap LED ring instead of the white one, again, I find it doesn't look as intense as the white one did and adds nice splash of color.

Great idea! Looks really nice!

Mike

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Game over.
Red - "Bye Bye Now".
(Game over music continues)

1 week later
#544 7 years ago

Ok so a sold a nos ted head a few years ago.. If anyone knows a person with it or a used one they can help save this game

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#545 7 years ago

Poor Ted!
Red looks like she is screaming.
What a project, good luck!

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ok so a sold a nos ted head a few years ago.. If anyone knows a person with it or a used one they can help save this game

OMG needs a body too!

#547 7 years ago

I cry to see Ted in such a mess. His head exploded

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The number of NOS parts to bring this game back is going to be very expensive.
Some are nearly unobtainable, based on visible damage, some existing parts cannot be reused.
Looks like this was in a fire and the playfield glass popped, and things kept right on going.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The number of NOS parts to bring this game back is going to be very expensive.
Some are nearly unobtainable, based on visible damage, some existing parts cannot be reused.
Looks like this was in a fire and the plafyield glass popped, and things kept right on going.

Could always become a Rudy head

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ok on ebay there are several parts for ted for sale, back of head, hard hat, jaw and some gears I think

you may want to jump on them before they are gone

ebay.com link: sch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.