(Topic ID: 83745)

ROAD SHOW CLUB (Hard hats required on site)

By webdiddy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,081 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by SimplePin
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2973 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0853 (resized).jpeg
20240318_161830 (resized).jpg
roadshow 4 (resized).jpg
roadshow 3 (resized).jpg
roadshow 2 (resized).jpg
Roadshow 1 (resized).jpg
Road show (resized).jpg
red's head (resized).png
20210304_193816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0519 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8019258_0 (resized).png

There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 82.
#451 8 years ago

Love this Papa tutorial by Bowen:

1 week later
#452 8 years ago

Best game eva!!!!!!

1 week later
#453 8 years ago

RS owners... I need help with getting balls in Red's mouth. Ive owned my RS for 15 years or more, and have only maybe twice shot a ball into Red's mouth. Her mouth opens all the way up, and she speaks with it fully open at times, but it is rarely when the ball is coming out of the lock for the shot to her mouth. How often during normal game play will you put a ball in her mouth?, as it seems from searching the forum here it happens frequently, just not on mine. I know I'm going to get a lot of funny comments on this subject , not sure how to keep this question on topic Is it a ROM issue or a sensor issue I wonder, test mode works perfect in everything to do with her.
Thanks,
JP

#454 8 years ago

You are right - it's hard and very rare to get your balls into her mouth!

But if it happens - very very seldom here, too - it's absolutely funny when Red is saying something like: "That's terrible! How can you eat those things?"

#455 8 years ago

Watch Bowen's PAPA tutorial - not too hard after coming out of Bob's bunker - end of miniflipper

http://pinballvideos.com/?v=902

#456 8 years ago

Ok,thanks for the link , watched a couple of the videos , seems this shot into her mouth is few and far between. The shot off the flipper for the million points or hitting her mouth happens regularly , just doesn't go In very often . If this is the case , it's the hardest shot in pinball history . Maybe a home rom with code to leave her mouth open more would be nice .
I did learn some strategy by watching the videos , so was certainly worth while , I know now to get into Miami mode and wear out that spinner
JP

#457 8 years ago

I've had my Roadshow over 4 years and only been able to shoot the ball in Red's mouth twice.

#458 8 years ago

It is supposed to be a difficult shot to make, just like Rudy is on FH when he is awake.

#459 8 years ago

That is good news guys, I was concerned that something was malfunctioning . I just went through the lovely job of removing Ted and fixing his eye plunger a couple months ago. Since day one ( 1998 ish) , when he goes to sleep at multiball,and then wakes up afterward, his eyes would not open until the next ball ( or next game, cant remember). Finally bit the bullet and pulled him out and replaced a 90cent part to fix that. It was the centering flange for the "eye lid open" coil.

On a side note, if this game had a sy-fi theme with exact shot layout, it would be a thousand dollars more expensive than it is. Fast Fast Fast game play. 2 talking heads- both spit balls, moving dozer target, skill shot ball launch , skill shot mode , ramps everywhere, whats not to love.
JP

#460 8 years ago

I don't understand why Williams would build an entire mech for shooting and ejecting the ball from Red's mouth and never actually use it except by accident. ESPECIALLY when she is one of the jackpot shots! They absolutely should have opened her mouth when lit for jackpot.

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

RS owners... I need help with getting balls in Red's mouth. Ive owned my RS for 15 years or more, and have only maybe twice shot a ball into Red's mouth. Her mouth opens all the way up, and she speaks with it fully open at times, but it is rarely when the ball is coming out of the lock for the shot to her mouth. How often during normal game play will you put a ball in her mouth?, as it seems from searching the forum here it happens frequently, just not on mine. I know I'm going to get a lot of funny comments on this subject , not sure how to keep this question on topic Is it a ROM issue or a sensor issue I wonder, test mode works perfect in everything to do with her.
Thanks,
JP

It is very rare...only seen it a few times over the years I've had it. Shots to her chin are obviously very frequent, but actually in the mouth is maybe a once a year occurrence.

#462 8 years ago

rare...only seen it a few times over the years I've had it. Shots to her chin are obviously very frequent, but actually in the mouth is maybe a once a year occurrence.

I just sunk that shot the other nite..... its the forth time in 2 years, its not an easy shot at all.

#463 8 years ago

I only see it when there are multiple balls in play and the action is quite wild. It doesn't happen often but it is always fun when it does.
The fact that it is rare makes it better I think.

#464 8 years ago

If somebody is in need of - here is a nice instruction card! I've put a lot of work in it lately...

#465 8 years ago

And if you need some decoration for the flippers (print on transparent film)...

flipperfinger.pdfflipperfinger.pdf

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

If somebody is in need of - here is a nice instruction card! I've put a lot of work in it lately...

Roadshow_Instruction_Card.png

Thanks Superman!

#467 8 years ago

Aurium from pinballcards.com has some nice looking Roadshow cards.

roadshowgreenFINALSITE.pngroadshowgreenFINALSITE.png

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/Road-Show-V2

roadshowgoldFINALSITE.pngroadshowgoldFINALSITE.png

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/Road-Show

1 week later
#468 8 years ago

Just had the game of my life: 5,695,660,950 pts! And a whopping 895,000,000 bonus per ball

2 weeks later
#469 8 years ago

Ever since I moved mine from the garage to my furnished basement, I have been getting a lot of airballs of the white standup to the right of Bob's bunker. Game is leveled and angled correctly.

Am I right in thinking the foam behind the standup might need to be replaced?

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Ever since I moved mine from the garage to my furnished basement, I have been getting a lot of airballs of the white standup to the right of Bob's bunker. Game is leveled and angled correctly.
Am I right in thinking the foam behind the standup might need to be replaced?

When is the last time you replaced the rubber flipper rings? Don't use synthetic.

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

When is the last time you replaced the rubber flipper rings? Don't use synthetic.

BK, what's wrong with synthetic? I haven't heard anything bad, except the pair I had snapped much too early.

#472 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just put new ones maybe a month ago. and made sure they were positioned correctly.

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from Ray_Ayala:

BK, what's wrong with synthetic? I haven't heard anything bad, except the pair I had snapped much too early.

Different hardness consistency overall.
Position on the flipper as noted does make a difference.
Gum rubber on flippers when new helps prevent air balls. You can replace the foam if it's worn, but if the coil sleeves are "fresh", more air balls are natural.

#474 8 years ago

Proud owner of RS as of today and it is my first pinball! Looking for a cliffy but seems to be hard to find. Anybody know where I could purchase one?

#475 8 years ago

I got mine right from cliffy..

http://www.passionforpinball.com/roadshowscoop.htm

I also got the blast zone repair kit as mine was about to break off.

#476 8 years ago

Anyone have a Flying Rocks Plastic by any chance?

#477 8 years ago
Quoted from WMSpin:

Anyone have a Flying Rocks Plastic by any chance?

Just a correctly scaled photo of it.

rs_flying_rocks_correct_(resized).jpgrs_flying_rocks_correct_(resized).jpg

#478 8 years ago

Just got a Roadshow and is restarting on me. I bought a board off of Kahr and it stills restarts. Light is showing green. I have narrowed it down to the blast zone targets and shaker motor. It will not restart during multi ball or when both flippers are pushed. It will only happen when the blast zone area lights up and you hit anyone of the blast zone targets. The thing is that it only happens when the game is a little warm and only when those targets are hit. It will not restart when the shaker motor goes off any other time. Just with targets and that is only when game is started for a little while but lately as soon as the starts and they are hit when lite. Trying to figure this out. I thought it might be a diode. If I am measuring right, two of them are getting .777 to .999 and one is getting 4.5. I am confused on this because I thought the ones with .777 were bad and changed them and the new ones change and give the same reading. I am very confused on this. Any help would be great. Thanks! T

1 week later
#479 8 years ago

Anyone know if you can get the 10-tooth brass gear to fit the jaw motor? I have a motor from Radio Shark that someone posted was an exact replacement, but I can't seem to remove the brass gear from the old motor. Too bad it's not as simple as a set screw. Only other option appears to buy the motor w/brass gear from Marco for $60+shipping, wow. This motor was a few dollars.

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Anyone know if you can get the 10-tooth brass gear to fit the jaw motor? I have a motor from Radio Shark that someone posted was an exact replacement, but I can't seem to remove the brass gear from the old motor. Too bad it's not as simple as a set screw. Only other option appears to buy the motor w/brass gear from Marco for $60+shipping, wow. This motor was a few dollars.

I believe it is pressed on. You might have to find a local machine shop to help out.

#481 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I believe it is pressed on. You might have to find a local machine shop to help out.

Yeah and they have a minimum charge so looks like I'm buying the pre-built part. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

#482 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yeah and they have a minimum charge so looks like I'm buying the pre-built part. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I dunno, go to shops and talk with them! A job so small they might forego the charge. Years ago (and not pinball related), I had the area around my hood latch on my firebird suddenly break off, and I almost lost the entire mechanism. Went to a locally owned shop, and the guy fixed it in 20 mins no charge. Came back the next day with enough pizza and drinks to feed his crew to show my appreciation, and ended up making a friend in the process.

#483 8 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Hobby shops online.
Remote control cars as well.
That is what collectors did before motors and full gear boxes were reproduced.
The final option is "rapid prototyping" the gear, but I would just end up buying a new proper motor.
My experience of cheap replacements is they do not always work out.
Nothing wrong with having a spare.

2 weeks later
#484 8 years ago

I joined the club yesterday. HUO since 97. Arizona pin. New original blue legs. No issues. Can't wait to tear it down, clean it, led and mod it up!!! Followed this thread and a few more on led tips. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's Friday!!

#485 8 years ago

And a big thanks to David for accompanying me on a 12 hr trip for it. Well worth the trip. Can't wait.

#486 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I joined the club yesterday. HUO since 97. Arizona pin. Has American dime coin box. New original blue legs. No issues. Can't wait to tear it down, clean it, led and mod it up!!! Will post pics as I progress. Followed this thread and a few more on led tips. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's Friday!!

Congrats! and welcome to the club! The game is easy to shop and LED.
Ive enjoyed Matts -Titan Rubbers on mine, and LEDs are just as much fun!
Color the map outline any color you wish, beef up the scoop with a 12v or 6.3V Matrix Pad.
A couple Op-Max in the back, and the Ramps glow like Neon!

#487 8 years ago

Do you have pics of the placement of the Op-Max in the back and the result?

Thanks...waiting on the delivery of LED's should be here today thanks to Cometpinball!!

#488 8 years ago

They go into the couple of sockets in the back....not sure if the pics do it justice.

I did my map outline in green.

rs_(resized).jpgrs_(resized).jpg

#489 8 years ago

Wow, love this thread! Just got mine 2 days ago and already put up a MONSTER game!

I had two questions, one of which was solved by recent threads. My game is a beauty, but came with no instruction cards. I see several spectacular examples above. What do you guys print these on stock wise?

Secondly, I could have sworn that the Road Show up at the arcade burps when you get multi-ball. Mine just goes "ahhhhh". Is there a different ROM for this or a setting I missed somewhere?

20160213_102056_resized_(resized).jpg20160213_102056_resized_(resized).jpg

#490 8 years ago

What paint for painting the radio? I can believe the detail in the game and then throw a red blob of plastic in there?

#491 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

What paint for painting the radio? I can believe the detail in the game and then throw a red blob of plastic in there?

I can't find the pic, but somebody painted one in Dewalt yellow and black and I thought it looked real good.

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Paint it whatever you like! There is no right or wrong

#493 8 years ago

What type of paint to most use?

#494 8 years ago

Acrylic paint

#495 8 years ago

That's my Radio - regular acrylic paint, regular small brush...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#496 8 years ago

Nice!

#497 8 years ago

Finally finished stripping and cleaning playfield. Mapping out led's next. Paint radio when waiting for led and change rubbers. Have a flipper rebuild kit. Haven't tackled a rebuild yet so hopefully all goes well. My wife offered to do a blonde wig with pig tails for Red

20160214_161937.jpg20160214_161937.jpg

#498 8 years ago

Should you always buy Souvenir's?

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Should you always buy Souvenir's?

I always do - though some don't really get you anything in the end.

#500 8 years ago

Here's a Edmonton Oilers radio I messed around with. Won't be the final product.

20160215_175730.jpg20160215_175730.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 4,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-club-hard-hats-required-on-site/page/10?hl=worlds_1st_ghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.