By huntpinball

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RStrimmer.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rygar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Great game, eddy switches are the big thing that goes out on RS. It's a pain every time you turn on the game and you have to make an adjustment. They do make replacement ones and it's well worth it.

I have replaced both trimmers on eddy boards on mine (about $1.5 in parts) and they are ok since I have done it (3 years, 3000+ games after).

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

1. Crack ramps where the ball enters on either side, not much you can do as most are.
2. Working heads, check in test for mouths, eyes up and down and left and right.
3. All head outer plastic sections are there, and not broken – you cannot buy. Same with eyes.
4. Fish wear from out of the scoop.
5. Broken post in the blast zone (repair you can buy for this).
6. Working eddy switches, if either mouth is not working, try adjusting under PF.
7. Broken plastics – other than slings, which are hard enough to find, the rest are impossible.

8. Look at the apron - many Road show machines have paint flaking because of the rust underneath.
9. Shaker motor - is it working/not working or maybe the complete assembly is missing.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Where did you find the trimmers? I worked with ED from GPE on this for a while, but the only replacement I could find was not tight enough and fell out of alignment frequently.

An ex op recommended them to me, I ve got them in the local electronics shop. I am attaching a picture of them. Let me know if you cannot find them and I ll send you a pair.

RStrimmer.jpgRStrimmer.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Ha! I ve read the marks on them myself and here is the manufacturer : http://www.acptechnologies.com/

#9 9 years ago

Op did a neat trick on his RS when replacing the trimmer. He super glued it to stay in the working position and it never failed again on a location. I did not do it on mine for home use.

Post edited by rygar: additional info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 63.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rygar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-buyers-checklist?tu=rygar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.