6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AlbanyTim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1616 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1617 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Hey everyone. Restoring a Road Show for a friend and got all the issues fixed with the exception of one. I have verified all the switches for adjustment and wiring, so that's not the issue. What's happening is the ball is not locking. When the lock is activated and the lock light is flashing, when the ball is hit into the lock, it kicks it right back out. Over and over. What's odd is that there appears to be a broken piece on this solenoid. Can anyone give me insight on this? Can anyone shoot me a reference pic? Here's what my piece looks like. Thanks in advance.

-Mike

IMG_1617 (resized).jpgIMG_1617 (resized).jpg

IMG_1616 (resized).jpgIMG_1616 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Oops. After some quick research, it appears this is what I need. Can anyone confirm before I order? Thanks.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18818

#3 6 years ago

Yep, that's what you need.

#4 6 years ago

Awesome. Thanks. Yeah, this has been quite the experience. Had lots of issues and this one should be the last. Here's what I've had to deal with so far.

1) The cabinet was completely water logged because it was folded up and sitting against a wall in a storage unit that was leaking. An entire new cabinet had to be built from scratch. All new artwork was ordered and applied. So with the physical cabinet work done, everything else needed to be gone through. Lots of corrosion was cleaned up and everything appeared to be working expect for...

2) The opto board for the Dozer was bad. Would not register it as being in the up position. New opto board fixed that issue.

3) Red's eyes did not move to the right. The moved to the left just fine. A new solenoid fixed that issue.

4) Red's mouth did not move. This was a two-part issue. The controller board had a cold solder joint on one of the white ceramic resistors. Reflowed it and the motor began working but it took fixing that to find that two of the teeth on the sprocket were missing. Replaced the sprocket and along with reflowing the resistor, the inop mount issue is now fixed.

5) The L/H slingshot solenoid was dead. Replaced it. Fixed that issue.

6) None of the magnetic pickup sensor boards were working. Had to adjust all three of the pots on the boards. Doing that fixed that issue.

7) The transistor array chip on the MPU that controls the ground rows for the switch matrix was bad. Had three shorted ground rows. Replaced the chip and fixed that issue.

8 ) Ball lock separator assembly arm is broken. Waiting for a new one and that should fix the ball lock issue.

Once everything is 100% and it's all back together, I'll post some obligatory pics.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zenomorp:

Can anyone confirm before I order?

Confirmed. Mine had broken as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-ball-lock-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.