Road Show Advise

By JBtheAVguy

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi All,

I'm looking for advise on my Road Show eddy sensor. Red's sensor and Ted's sensor behind the bulldozer works great and always has. Ted's sensor in front of the bulldozer however has been frustrating to say the least. The game won't register bulldozer hits until the machines been played for a few games almost like it needs to warm up. So, I've replaced the eddy board 3 times with extra boards I keep in my stock. I adjust the boards and they work fine until I shut down the machine. The next time I turn the machine back on they're out of adjustment. There's such a fine line between being in adjustment to being out of adjustment on all 3 boards I'm wondering...could it be the sensor coil on the play field is failing? I don't want to superglue the pot on the board as I'm convinced it will fall out of adjustment and then become useless.

Here's what I'm questioning about failing

https://www.pinballlife.com/road-show-large-dozer-eddy-sensor-coil-assembly.html

Or...do pinbits still exist?

#3 2 years ago

I find on my Road Show I have to over-adjust my pot to get the switch to work reliably. I turn the pot until the LED stays on constantly. If I don't the switch works intermittently just as you describe.

#4 2 years ago

https://www.tanglestech.com/TPP-1023

I’ve had good luck with these

#5 2 years ago

I have had one of these in my game for about a year and all has been good. I have it for Red. The other two I have never had any issues with. But if I do have issues with them I will buy more of these.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

I have had one of these in my game for about a year and all has been good. I have it for Red. The other two I have never had any issues with. But if I do have issues with them I will buy more of these.

I bough tanglestech boards for my ToM outlanes and trunk and they have been working great. Should be as good for RS too.

My front dozer blade sensor is wacky so I'm planning to get one from the same place.

1 week later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I find on my Road Show I have to over-adjust my pot to get the switch to work reliably. I turn the pot until the LED stays on constantly. If I don't the switch works intermittently just as you describe.

I'm going to try your advise...thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-show-advise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.