Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

my right flipper is weak and delayed its a coil i replaced recently what is the driver trans. # the manual doesn't say on the back cover like the others and i don't know what i need to replace

#2 5 years ago

Are your eos switches good and making contact. Cold solder on the flipper board.

#3 5 years ago

the normally closed eos is missing a contact pad could this cause a weak flipper

#4 5 years ago

the normally closed eos is missing a contact pad could this cause a weak flipper

#5 5 years ago

System 11 doesn't use transistors to drive the flipper, it's a direct/high voltage connection through the cabinet switches.

Quoted from cubie:

Yes. Replace the EOS if you haven't yet and are having any flipper strength issues

#6 5 years ago

Yes. The voltage has to pass through the contacts. If it doesn’t it will act Normally open and the coil will be constantly at low power

#7 5 years ago

the wire came lose as well, the eos broke and that caused the wire to melt free i guess but replacing the wire did not improve the performance of the flipper and a new eos switch is on its way.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from cubie:

the wire came lose as well, the eos broke and that caused the wire to melt free i guess but replacing the wire did not improve the performance of the flipper and a new eos switch is on its way.

Make sure you check your other one as well.

1 year later
#9 3 years ago

May try to resurrect an old thread here - but I’ve owned two RK’s (one I bought then traded off quickly - it was LED’d and seemed to have much more power on the flippers , slings maybe even the pops idk )

Anyhow I kept my original one and traded this other one because of playfield wear The other stuff I can add. Or so I thought

What’s the trick to getting more power ? I know older EM’s you can tap off the transformer on a different tab. But for this one ?

Coming from any of my other games these flippers both seem weak. And again the slings seem the same way.

Just put more powerful coils in ? Think someone just hot rodded this other one before I got it?

thought I’d ask here first
Thanks!

#10 3 years ago

Have you rebuilt the mechs yet? Connectors in the flipper power chain can also help. I don't remember if this era can be high tapped

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-weak-lame-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.