• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by crazi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Help - I'm no expert

My left flippers plunger link broke during game play which for some reason took out the 5amp fuse on the flipper board in the top/back box. Replaced the fuse and Im now getting 73v back to the flippers. The left flipper now works BUT the right flipper is flipping me two fingers

When you push the right flipper button the flipper moves slightly. Probably about 1cm and very slowly. I have done a resistance test and get about 80ohms on the outer pins and about 2,5ohms between center and outer which I think is good. I have linked/touched an earth jumper to the centre pin and WHACK - it works fine... so I don't believe it's the coil.

Help....?

Thanks
Gary

#2 11 years ago

anyone?

The only thing I can think of is that it is not getting it's earth properly. I assume the only other component then to check is the relay on the MPU board? Do these relays break easily? I'm assuming that because the left flipper works the relay should be ok?

Advice pls?

G

#3 11 years ago

Check the blade switches inside the cabinet too, if they're pitted/dirty you lose voltage there too.
When troubleshooting between left/right you can even put wires from the left to right flipperbutton switch to see if that helps (and if the problem then is further upstream on the boards)

#4 11 years ago

Thanks - I'll take a look. The only thing that bugs me is the right flipper was working fine until the left ones link broke and fused the flipper board. So you would assume the flipper switches are working (although could do with a good cleaning I assume anyway)...

What about that relay - do they break easily? If the left works can it still be the relay?

Thanks
G

#5 11 years ago

if I'm not mistaken the relay switches 2 lines, left and right, so yes it could be that only half of its internal switches work
but that you can test by overriding the cabinet switches from one side to the other

check fuses, don't know if each of the flipper sides has its own, check correct value, fuse holders, ..

#6 11 years ago

filed the connections and now working! weird but i'm not complaining...lol thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-flipper-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.