• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RKFlipper (resized).JPG
br02 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey guys. Working on my Road Kings and could use a little assistance. Game is currently getting a lot of daily play, and after about a week I started having issues with my Rt. Flipper. Before I really knew what was going on, I blew the flipper coil fuse in the backbox. Suspected the Rt. Flipper due to eratic behavior. Went in and replaced the coil, sleeve and fuse. Few minutes later, another fuse blew. Never had any issues with this previously.

I am starting to suspect a bad transistor on the driver board. Is there a good way to test these, and what is the approximate location for the flipper transistors? Is there anything else I should be looking at? The EOS looks good with about a 1/8" gap.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

The flippers don't use transistors, they have a relay. What fuse blew?.

#3 6 years ago

Grabbed a pic from the interwebs, sorry about the quality. The fuse that keeps blowing is the one in the lower left corner of the picture. br02 (resized).JPGbr02 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

uh....?

#5 6 years ago

We'd need to know the number, I've only got schematics

#6 6 years ago

It is the 5A Slo-Blo on the flipper power supply board. Does not look like the fuse itself has a identifier. I can confirm the fuse blows immediately when the Rt. Flipper is pressed. The L Flipper does not affect it at all, and can be used repeatedly until the Rt Flipper is pressed.

RKFlipper (resized).JPGRKFlipper (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Guru-420:

It is the 5A Slo-Blo on the flipper power supply board. Does not look like the fuse itself has a identifier. I can confirm the fuse blows immediately when the Rt. Flipper is pressed. The L Flipper does not affect it at all, and can be used repeatedly until the Rt Flipper is pressed.

Can you post a picture of the wiring of both flippers?

#8 6 years ago

For sure. I will grab a pic this evening to make sure I didn't screw up the swap-out.

#9 6 years ago

I double checked the wiring and everything was OK. Then I noticed the sleeve had melted and part of the EOS had sheered off, likely due to one of the guide leafs touching. Parts are on order, replacing the leaf assembly before going any further. I'll check back in once the parts arrive and are installed.

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-flipper-issue-blows-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.