1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rrss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rrss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

It seems like I've been cursed with locked on coils and flashers this week. My Road Kings has all four #63 incandescent flashers in the backbox locked on as soon as I power up the game. I replaced the TIP102 at Q14 and the corresponding 2N4401 predriver at Q10, no difference. I sorta figured it wasn't a transistor issue since Q14 is shared with the drop target reset coil and that still works as it should. The snubber relay board still appears to work because when the drop target coil resets, the flashers go out for a second, which I believe means the relay successfully moved the Q14 circuit over to the coil, then back to flashers. I replaced the diodes on the snubber board just for good measure, but made no difference.

I also tested the resistors on the resistor board for these flashers, they are still good. What am I missing?

#3 1 year ago

Yes, I put new #63 incandescents in all the flashers when I was shopping it a couple weeks ago. I went further back in the circuit on the MPU and replaced the 7408 that's upstream from the transistor, that seems to have fixed it.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rrss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-flashers?tu=rrss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.