• Latest reply 5 years ago by diesel64
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180630_140859 (resized).jpg
road_kings_kickback_wiring (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinwizkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Bumping this! I have a very similar issue. Both coils are dead, and flippers are dead as well. Good to know they are related. I tested that fuse and remember it being good but after seeing this I'm going to test it again. I will let you know if I discover anything...

#3 5 years ago

So I fixed my issue. It was a weak connector on the flipper power board (lower connector with black/yellow wires coming directly from the transformer).

The 2 high powered solenoids (the kickback and left ramp kickout) are controlled by a relay. The solenoid driver transistors on the CPU activates the relay instead of the coil itself and the high power piggy backing off of the flipper voltage flows to the coil for a hot second before the relay deactivates.

Do you have another flipper power board you can put it and play on for a while to see if the fuse blows? If not I would test the diodes on the flippers and clean the EOS switches. Also, I would change the fuses back to factory specs so as to not damage any other components.

Here's a good walkthrough on testing flippers to check for odd resistances/voltages on the diodes and coils. If something is out of spec it could be the cause, especially since you are experiencing intermittent fuse blowing:
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index2.htm#flip0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinwizkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-blows-fuse-of-kickback-left-kicker?tu=Pinwizkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.