Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190722-165818 (resized).png

#1 3 months ago

Last night I went to install a remote battery pack that I got off of my friend. It's a 4 battery pack that holds 3 and has a diode in the 4th battery spot. I hooked it up and after a few minutes I noticed the batteries were getting warm. All of the positives face down on the board so I installed the dowel for the positive going down and the negative going up which should be right.

Is there an issue installing remote battery packs on system 11 games or something I might have done wrong?

#2 3 months ago

You probably have something wrong. As seen in the pic below, make sure the positive lead (usually green or red) is on the lower left, negative lead (usually black) is on the upper right. Check the wiring of the pack, make sure it is series wired, and check the battery orientation required in the holder, as sometimes these are different than the orientation of the games original holder.

The diode in the holder is not needed. The game already has a blocking diode on the motherboard, test and make sure it is good. I recommend cutting the diode on the external pack out and replacement with a jumper wire.
Screenshot_20190722-165818 (resized).png

#3 3 months ago

The diode on the board may be bad, allowing the 5 Volt supply voltage to charge the batteries.

#4 3 months ago

Post a picture of your battery pack.

#5 3 months ago

Thanks for the replies. I had it hooked up as Wayout's picture. Last night I didn't touch anything and put the batteries back in the battery pack, I left the game on for a couple hours and the batteries never even got the slightest bit warm. I'm guessing the night before when I had it hooked up wrong the batteries got warm, I tried the orientation as Wayout posted and the batteries were probably still warm from when it was hooked up incorrectly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside