Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Tony01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Please discuss. Is there any issues to look for?

#2 7 years ago

Owned one for a short period of time. Not the best of games. Did not like the music. Got tired of the gameplay pretty quickly too. Ugly orange color. Cool center ramp shot. Id give it a 4 or 5 out of 10. Price wise-- $600-1000 depending on location and condition.

Mike

#3 7 years ago

I own one and love it! It is my first game and it will be the last to go. Very 80's theme. Mad max take off and a Mark Richie classic game. Game is shallow but so are most system 11 games.....that said it is a great game to bash the ball around on.

#4 7 years ago

One of my keeper games, fast rush of a game, timed shots, simple fun. Great sounds, especially when it adds up a high score, motorcycle themed. Love it. No issues to look for, playfields are usually wore out, unless full mylar like on mine. $700 - $1000

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-anyone-admit-to-loving-road-kings

#5 7 years ago

This is only an opinion. It's not the best of games. From the abundance of them that post to CL and EB you'd think they made a million of these things. But I believe it's because most folks pick it up, and turn it right back around after playing? No issues to look for beepnutz? I seen a load of these, and every time I have the RK is down because of board issues. Most have also been beat up and it might be due to the theme. It made them perfect for bars, as the ones I've seen have led a very hard life with worn playfields and cigarette burns all the cabinet.

#6 7 years ago

We had one a couple years ago and it sat around a few months before we got it up & running 100%. I actually sold it before we fixed it and after we had it finished I was kind of sorry we sold it. If I remember correctly we sold it for $700 or $750 fully working & shopped. Not one of the better System 11 machines but decent overall if you can buy a nice one reasonable.

#7 7 years ago

Its an ok game with a good theme, but is a really tough sell. I think anyone starting out it would be a good pin, not too complicated and fun enough to get you hooked, but would be tough in a one pin house on the long run.

#8 7 years ago

I have a NOS Clear Coated Road Kings Playfield for sale. PM if interested its also listed in marketplace. Never have played the game. Looks cool though.

#9 7 years ago

I had one and I liked it for what it is. 2 ball multiball, a couple locks, etc. Most seem to not like it and when I went to sell it....crickets sang. Most the time it's worth more in parts sadly.

#10 7 years ago

600 - 700 dollar game in good shape is what I've seen them go for.

#11 7 years ago

Good game for a first or second pin if just getting into the hobby. Game play gets old pretty quick and most move on from it shortly after buying it though. For what they sell for they are a good buy, usually under $1k.

#12 7 years ago

Ok game at best...good to start a collection with because they are inexpensive and easy to learn. I thought I would like it more than I did. Did'nt last too long in my collection and was difficult to sell... Btw I purchased it for $600 in good shape 100% working

#13 7 years ago

Owned one for a few months and enjoyed playing it but ended up moving on to other sys 11's. Shooting for the multiball and jackpot can be tough and the work-up effects can excite any player.

I sold for just over $1K in shopped and working condition... YMMV...

#14 7 years ago

Its a slightly above average pin in its era. I believe the prices quoted above are correct. For that cost, I would rather get Pinbot or High Speed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Adelaide, SA
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.50
$ 17.00
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside