• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SDM0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RivPlastics (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDM0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Trying to clean and replace rubber. Never had these acorn tops just spin and not come off. Like all of them turn and turn but don't come off?

RivPlastics (resized).jpgRivPlastics (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5 3 years ago

I got the palnut removal tool... but it is still not working. I have worked on other EMs before and never seen this. I move the post with the palnut tool and you can see the acorn nut turn with it. But then I hold the post in place and turn and turn and turn the acorn nut and it just spins around and never comes off. What's going on here!

#6 3 years ago

Finally figured it out. So I used the tool to remove the entire posts. The rubber was shot so it didn't pull as I was taking them off. Then I held the acorn nut with pliers and used my fingers to rock the metal core of the post back and forth until it finally came off. Very time consuming and now I need to buy new nuts but at least they are off!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDM0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riviera-plastics-come-off?tu=SDM0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.