(Topic ID: 95330)

Riveting service ???

By sixpakmopar

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_7628.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixpakmopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I see so many posts asking how to replace rivets on pinside and I keep thinking of offering to do these. The issue that keeps coming to mind is whether or not the cost of postage both ways would be worth it to anyone. I would say the minimum cost would be around $10 with the postage both ways. If any of you think this is worth it to you let me know. I have a rivet press, Many different rivets,100_7628.jpg100_7628.jpg I have been able to come up with exact or very close to exact rivets on hand so far. I would like to stay away from irreplaceable/high dollar ramps because the opportunity to make just a little more than squat is not worth the chance of a high dollar ramp cracking.
    I wanted to add a poll to this to get an idea but do not see how to do this, probably not able to under this topic.
    Please reply with you thoughts.

Ed

2 months later
    #5 9 years ago

I have. I know that does not count as my opinion may be biased. All I can say is that I did make a pair of clear plastics with 2 riveted angle pieces attached to each one for a pinside member a little while back and he was very happy with them. Maybe he will see this and chime in, I do not feel it would be appropriate for me to include any more detailed information from our PM's (private messages) regarding this .Someone else responded to this but what he needed riveted was 3 dimensional (whitewater mountain) and I was not sure I had the clearance to do it.
    I have done a dozen or so standup targets for myself, If you want to see the results I can take a picture.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixpakmopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riveting-service?tu=sixpakmopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.