4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

I'm interested in trying to buy a rivet a press for riveting plastics & such, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to buy. Looking at old threads, I see there are products from pinrestore and Arbor Time which may or may not be currently available and have some pros & cons. Other suggestion I've seen include modifying a C clamp or buying a hand rivet press from Hanson Rivet. What do people currently suggest? I just want an easy shopping list of a tool and any necessary extras (dies, rivets) to be able to rivet plastics and ramps. Thanks in advance!

#2 4 months ago

I have a press from pinrestore, but I don't use it as much as my old hurky c-clamp press.

#3 4 months ago

I figured since I wasn’t doing restore after restore after restore that I couldn’t justify the price of a press. I use the Hanson rivet HT-174 roll clinch. I bought that assorted tube rivet kit from pinrestore and have been very pleased

#5 4 months ago

I use a watch press from harbor freight. I made the curved face and the piece to curl the rivets on a lathe. Works great.

#6 4 months ago

It sounds like the HT174 might be nice to have anyway since it would allow riveting in some of those hard-to-reach areas.

I thought about a hand squeezer like the eBay link or the Hanson HS-30E. But how do you figure out which dies to buy? For example, the HS-30E has a 1.25" gap, does that mean I need 1/2"-long dies on either side (e.g., CA2002-03 and CA2005-03)? Or some other configuration?

#7 4 months ago

I built one out of an arbor press and it works great for stand-up targets, but ramps can be a struggle. I have a friend that swears by his third hand style made by these guys http://www.arbortime.mountainminded.net/html/the_better_tonka_rivet_tool_-_.html

I bought a couple of edge clamps and plan to convert one using my existing dies. It's like 4th on my todo list

#8 4 months ago

The hand squeezer die gap can be adjusted, the mount screws up and down (just turn the die)

#9 4 months ago

will the 1 or 2" work for ramps? or do you need the 3"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 64.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 169.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside