Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3114.JPG
IMG_3113.JPG
CaptureNW1.PNG
CaptureNW2.PNG
CaptureNW3.PNG
#1 10 years ago

My riverboat gambler was working and then suddenly stopped. I am getting the following error message
all drop targets check switch error, although in edge test we can activate all the switches the switches. Drop targets will not reset. and I am also getting a ramp error message.

when the game starts 160.000 points show up on the score without the game being played, The ball will not shoot out of the ball through and none of the following solenoids are working: 03A, 04A, 06A, 07A.
I checked all fuses and non are blown

In addition the out hole kicker is not working either.

#2 10 years ago

Have you pulled and checked fuses for those coils, with a meter ?

Error is because they aren't moving and the game flags the switches.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Thank you for the response LTG

Yes I pulled the fuses and tested, they are testing fine, that was my first thought that the fuses were blown so I pulled them and tested. Ill retest in the morning with a different meter just in case the meter is bad

#4 10 years ago

so non of the switched solenoids are working.

#5 10 years ago

Here's the scoop-

Highlighted Yellow- Not Working
Red Check Working

(Page 2, all lamps and GI and flashers, wheel and diverter are working)

Also AC relay in 'coil test' not working

Paired flashers going off instead of coils

Not sure in picture two about those kickers, coil test only list 'kicker' and it's not firing... no time to go over which one this sec- off to go to the park- be back soon.

CaptureNW1.PNGCaptureNW1.PNG
CaptureNW2.PNGCaptureNW2.PNG
CaptureNW3.PNGCaptureNW3.PNG

#6 10 years ago

Switch levels:

"A/C Relay Cr Side" -06-02

and the outhole is kinds working... (no clue)

--

No clue where 'left' and 'right' kickers are shows in the manual 3/4 up the playfeild, I guess under the ramp monster.

#7 10 years ago

Ok- I started a game, apron off glass out... lockbar off - still scoring points by itself.

I'll be darned if as the game went on everything started functioning, last to 'fix' was the drop targets... but now the wheel- previously working, isn't working at the moment...

outhole kicker went for once every three to every time,
shooter kicker went from functioning only when game forced (2nd chance) to every time
Drop targets started to rest once per ball to every time they are cleared...

'Red button' isn't working this minute either but pass, green and black are fine...

Ramp went down and up once during that "game"

Going to go back in a few minutes and try again... if it works the same amount I'll turn it off and wait five and turn it back on and see if it still is working like this...

------------------------------------

(five minutes later)

Still as before 'red' button and 'wheel' fail but everything else is working making it playable- still have the apron, lockbar and glass off... going to test once more after it cools down like this- then we can narrow down to a possible short on the apron or lockbar?

Ramp functioning fine at this moment. We need new coils ...

------------------------------------

(five minutes later)

Still working as just a minute ago- now test report "Wheel Error" I forgot to go to switch edges and try the red button.

How very odd...

Back from switch edges- red fails to register- got the wheel "working" in wheel test on the second pass in the test... it fails in game still

Post edited by JSmith : More info!...5 minutes later...twice...does anyone read this?

#8 10 years ago

everything put back together- Holy Blue Sparks Batman...

anyone want to guess the issue...

What... does this machine -like- shorting out?

(hint: with coin door closed + grounding strap + metal apron/coindoor junction (whaterver that is falling apart there next to the lockbar latch) to left coin door mechanics...)

First picture issue second picture solution... looks like I've got a fastener of some type missing.

I am however afraid the red button and wheel are still not playing nice...
IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3113.JPG

Post edited by JSmith : Picture time!

IMG_3114.JPGIMG_3114.JPG
#9 10 years ago

Wheel self corrected- red button to be trouble shot tomorrow starting at the ribbon and working towards the board.

#10 10 years ago

... issues back after no play for many hours... not sure why

still acts like short - if that was the original issue...

anyway the current Test under switch levels flagged "A/C Relay Cr Side" again- I started to retry a force play but its too late in the even-er morning... to do so.

Flagged trough(all of the switches, roulette 59, and the drop targets that were down already (not reset)... as well...

Not amused...

#11 10 years ago

... does not play correctly 'cold' may work when 'hot' (good thing this is FL)

just like last time with the door open and glass off 'forcing' a game made everything work after the CPU saw the 'a/c' error (listed above)...

Going to try to warm it up w/o taking the glass off because that gets old and heavy...

Game started at 12 PM shooter fired once, outhole fired only when ball searching, shooter did not fire again (in previous glass off games 2nd chance cases shooter to work again), drop targets when cleared failed to reset, off/on next game shooter failed to fire drop targets failed to reset off/on- leaving on in attract to see if it's a "I have to force the game" issue or a "time game is on" issue... *sigh*

Help?

#12 10 years ago

ohhh- @ 10:24 after another ten minute set

Ball #1 -it reset the drop targets and launched the ball- but failed to reset the targets, failed to fire the outhole at the right time.

Ball #2 It did reset the left but not the right and did fire the outhole ball also phantom points (from the not reset drop targets)

Ball 3 - fully working??? reset all the drop targets each time and fires outhole and shooter correctly...

The Ball 3 was @ 12:27 pm...

New game at 12:27pm - played w/o issue....
_-_

Next test (later)
would be to turn it on and wait 35 minutes in attract and see if it plays correctly...

---------------------
Also PBC board for lockdown buttons repaired, a trace and ruined and the red button was not getting power, and it's pin had loosened to the cable. FiXED and Working!!!

#13 10 years ago

1:20- first try targets reset, ball did not fire into shooter lane.

1:21- off/on- ball into shooter lane, hit targets- did not reset targets, outhole failed to fire, phantom scores form already dropped targets - off/on - ball still in outhole- game left on

1:24 A/c relay fired, outhole cleared ... on it's own...

1:25 (after typing) new game- everything functioning.

Under guidance here going to order a recap for the Power board and clean the right drop optos (they need new decals anyway...

--- or wait 30 minutes the first play and if played recently 5 minutes...

Post edited by JSmith : More info and hey, wait that works again?

2 months later
#14 10 years ago

-did a recap- everything was working but now the ramp fails (again)...

really?

1 year later
#15 8 years ago

FIXED! The A/C solenoids are now fixed- cut trace needed fixed on MPU!

At the battery terminal there was an accidentally cut trace effecting the C side of the A/C relay on solenoids 1-4
(really obvious when the plunger kicker would fail but the right kicker flasher would fire).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Boards
PinSound

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riverboat-gambler-ramp-and-drop-targets-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.