IMG_3172.JPG
IMG_3171.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG
Riverboat Gambler buttons.jpg

#1 10 years ago

So we have been looking for replacement buttons for Riverboat Gambler with the red, green, black and pass words still on them...no luck.

so my wife had a great Idea, she went to a local trophy shop store and had them laser etch the words in colored metal placards that matched the buttons and we stuck them on.
Turned out awesome. I will post some more photos later of the lock down bar on the machine.
My wife rocks.

IMG_0838.JPGIMG_0838.JPG
#2 10 years ago

One post wasn't good enough so you had to do it again 6 hours later? Just bump your current thread if you need it back to the top. I deleted the double post.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

One post wasn't good enough so you had to do it again 6 hours later? Just bump your current thread if you need it back to the top. I deleted the double post.

Wow, really? Was the snarkiness necessary? This could easily have been stated "Looks like this posted twice. I deleted your double post, and bumped this one for you". Maybe he didn't see the original? Posts can get lost in a hurry here, If you don't know how to search for them you could think they didn't post.

Anyway, to the OP - I like it! Do you have more pics? How high do the plates sit off the buttons? What did this cost? Did you get extras?

Mine are in need of something just like this!

Riverboat Gambler buttons.jpgRiverboat Gambler buttons.jpg

Post edited by moderator: Wow, really? Was it really necessary to publicly critize a mod - it is against the rules

#4 10 years ago

Well -I- Couldn't find any way to delete an old post... we haven't been here that long...

The plates are very thin and we have only extra in Red and Green - I may be able to take a picture edge on.

The colors and words are printed right to the thin metal and the adhesive came on the back ready to go.

The cost will very by shop but between 3-5 each cut and adheased.

If you want the name of the shop PM me- We tried to get the font's to match as we had some gold on 'PASS' also but it didn't work out exactly the same. They instead are in the same font.

I do like your black rubbers !

Post edited by JSmith: I dropped the letter 'e' in 'here' - changes the meaning entirely. @n'd edit- more info

#5 10 years ago

Seal,

I tried to delete the other post, but didn't know how even after doing some research on how to delete posts on pinside. Sorry if this was posted twice. Maybe next time you can just PM me instead of giving me a public lambasting, it would be appreciated.

#6 10 years ago

Cool! Mine need to be restored as well...

-BB

#7 10 years ago

You are right. Sorry. This has been a bad couple days and I am feeling quite...negative. I apologize.
Only Moderators can delete a post. But, you don't need to delete an old post just to start another. Just bump the current one to get it back at the top. Again, Sorry.
It is a good idea.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

You are right. Sorry. This has been a bad couple days and I am feeling quite...negative. I apologize.
Only Moderators can delete a post. But, you don't need to delete an old post just to start another. Just bump the current one to get it back at the top. Again, Sorry.
It is a good idea.

Takes a real man to admit when they are wrong.

+1 for you for that. Hope things get better for you!

Chris

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Takes a real man to admit when they are wrong.
+1 for you for that. Hope things get better for you!
Chris

++1

I just called them and they are awesome with getting calls and shipping these out- not sure how much it will be exactly-

and right now you'll be getting the exact same ones that I had made.

Ira's Trophies
Address: 8011 Merrill Rd #14, Jacksonville, FL 32277
Phone:(904) 725-4440
Hours:

10:00 am – 5:00 pm

I plan to use a sharpie very carefully to color match the edge with the rest of the set up-

I would say it's about +/- 'credit card' thickness-

IMG_3166.JPGIMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3167.JPGIMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3168.JPGIMG_3168.JPG
IMG_3169.JPGIMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3171.JPGIMG_3171.JPG
IMG_3172.JPGIMG_3172.JPG
IMG_3173.JPGIMG_3173.JPG
IMG_3175.JPGIMG_3175.JPG

#10 10 years ago

Thank you Seal,
the apology is appreciated; and I too hope things get better for you, cheers

#11 10 years ago

Those look pretty nice. Great idea

#12 10 years ago

A good friend of mine just bought a Riverboat Gambler. Inside the machine was a complete NOS set of buttons. He's giving them to me to put on my machine.

I'm wondering if I ought to put some clear mylar on the tops of the buttons to keep the ink from wearing off?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

A good friend of mine just bought a Riverboat Gambler. Inside the machine was a complete NOS set of buttons. He's giving them to me to put on my machine.
I'm wondering if I ought to put some clear mylar on the tops of the buttons to keep the ink from wearing off?

No

You should give them to me

Chris

#14 10 years ago

I had a set made for SilverUnicorn at the print shop but they made two sets by mistake. I have a set of the above plaques for Riverboat Gambler buttons for $13.00 plus shipping.
First come first serve

#15 10 years ago

Looking good. Great idea.

#17 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Haven't installed them yet, but they are nice. Nunzio was great to deal with.

Some before and after pics - They are not lined up perfectly as I just set them on there to check the allignment:

DSCF7940.JPGDSCF7940.JPG
DSCF7941.JPGDSCF7941.JPG
DSCF7942.JPGDSCF7942.JPG
DSCF7943.JPGDSCF7943.JPG
DSCF7944.JPGDSCF7944.JPG
DSCF7945.JPGDSCF7945.JPG
DSCF7946.JPGDSCF7946.JPG

#18 10 years ago

Awesome,

Glad you got them, once the glue sets on them they wont come off

5 years later
#19 4 years ago

I want this mod.
Bumping old thread because button top mod is good idea.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I want this mod.
Bumping old thread because button top mod is good idea.

I think I have a set of these somewhere. If you want me to look for them, I can. I don't think I'll be installing them as I found NOS buttons a while back.

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Cabinet Parts
Mod Magic!
Cabinet parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riverboat-gambler-button-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.