(Topic ID: 218721)

River City Pinball Summer Season

By Spyderturbo007

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8522 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8519 (resized).JPG
    Logo - Small (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

The River City Pinball league will kick off our Summer Season Thursday, June 28th, 2018 at 7:00pm with a dedicated night for league orientation. If you're new to pinball, or just want to see what we're all about, we'd love for you to join us for a no commitment night of pinball.

The league officially starts Thursday July 5th, 2018 at 7:00pm. The league runs for a total of 9 weeks, 8 weeks of regular play followed by a finals week. We follow the FSPA rule set and use the PAPA online scoring system.

Registration fee is $25 for returning players and $20 for new players. Bring a friend and we'll take $5 off your registration fee for each friend you refer.

We play all of our games at the River City Blues Club, located at 819 South Cameron Street, Harrisburg PA 17104. 100% of the registration fees are returned in the form of trophies and cash prizes.

You can visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/rivercitypinball or find us on the web at http://www.rivercitypinball.com

Logo - Small (resized).jpgLogo - Small (resized).jpg

The lineup should be AFMr, Kiss, AC/DC, Star Wars, Rolling Stones, GhostBusters and Twilight Zone.

#2 5 years ago

Is there going to be a bye week for Pinburgh?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Is there going to be a bye week for Pinburgh?

I talked to Nathan tonight and the league will be off on Pinburgh week.

#4 5 years ago

Also for anyone in the area, or who will be this weekend, we are having our Monthly Tournament this Saturday (6/16). It will be a Group Knockout format with a $10 registration fee, all of which gets paid back in prizes. It's Father's Day weekend, so bring your Dad!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from DangerSem:

Also for anyone in the area, or who will be this weekend, we are having our Monthly Tournament this Saturday (6/16). It will be a Group Knockout format with a $10 registration fee, all of which gets paid back in prizes. It's Father's Day weekend, so bring your Dad!

Yeah, what he said. I sent out the email and updated the website, but forgot to make a thread.

#6 5 years ago

I just wanted to announce a new machine that was just ordered by our operator, Capital Vending.

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.....

Iron Maiden has been ordered and will be here in time for orientation.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just wanted to announce a new machine that was just ordered by our operator, Capital Vending.
    Wait for it.....
    Wait for it.....

Awe crap! Now I have to learn a new game......
    But it's IMDN!!!! Yeah baby!!!

#8 5 years ago

Don't worry, we'll all learn it together. I'll make sure we have a camera on it for the first few weeks.

Wonder if I should buy a 3rd one for the display.

#9 5 years ago

Aww yeah!

1 week later
    #10 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is in the house. We set it up last night and played the hell out of it for a few hours.

Come by for orientation tomorrow and play a few games!

I'm officially addicted to these loop jackpots. I can see myself losing a lot of balls going for loops because the shot is so much fun.

IMG_8519 (resized).JPGIMG_8519 (resized).JPG

IMG_8522 (resized).JPGIMG_8522 (resized).JPG

#11 5 years ago

Tonight is the night. 7pm. Be there or be square!

Slight change in the lineup. There are some board issue with AC/DC, so it will be replaced with Game of Thrones.

1 week later
    #12 5 years ago

League starts tonight! Come in out of the heat and play some Iron Maiden!

1 month later
    #13 5 years ago

I heard a rumor about an Deadpool reveal party going at RIver City Blues club.
    Any info on this?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I heard a rumor about an Deadpool reveal party going at RIver City Blues club.
    Any info on this?

You weren't paying attention last night during announcements were you?

September 15th @ 4:00pm is the Deadpool launch party.

#15 5 years ago

September 15th @ 4:00pm is the Deadpool launch party.

There was an announcement last night???
    Didn't hear a thing........
    So there is a Deadpool launch party going on September 15th @ 4:00pm Followed by our monthly $10.00 tournament. (Open to all) at the:
    River City Blues Club & Dart Room.
    819 South Cameron Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17104
    http://www.rivercitypinball.com/

#16 5 years ago

Negged

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

There was an announcement last night???
    Didn't hear a thing........
    So there is a Deadpool launch party going on September 15th @ 4:00pm Followed by our monthly $10.00 tournament.

That's not what I heard.

When Pinball Gallery did the launch party for Star Wars last summer, it was a high score contest on the machine. Then the top 4 or 8 players played in finals.

As I heard it, the details aren't ironed out yet.

So the question I have, will there be two competitions that day? A high score contest on Deadpool and the regular tournament on the other machines?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

That's not what I heard.
    When Pinball Gallery did the launch party for Star Wars last summer, it was a high score contest on the machine. Then the top 4 or 8 players played in finals.
    As I heard it, the details aren't ironed out yet.
    So the question I have, will there be two competitions that day? A high score contest on Deadpool and the regular tournament on the other machines?

That's a good question @vectorgamer. Maybe Spyderturbo007 will chime in and answer it.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Maybe spyderturbo007 will chime in and answer it.

And when he does I'll neg him again

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/river-city-pinball-summer-season and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.