You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7522 (resized).JPG
IMG_7521 (resized).JPG
RCB (resized).PNG

#1 6 years ago

The River City Pinball league will kick off our Spring Season April 5th, 2018 at 7:00pm with a dedicated night for league orientation. If you're new to competitive pinball, or just want to see what we're all about, we'd love for you to join us for a no commitment night of pinball.

The league officially starts April 12th, 2018 at 7:00pm. The league runs for a total of 9 weeks, 8 weeks of regular play followed by a finals week. We follow the FSPA rule set and use the PAPA online scoring system. This is an IFPA registered league.

Registration fee is $25 for returning players and $20 for new players. Bring a friend and we'll take $5 off your registration fee for each friend you refer.

We play all of our games at the River City Blues Club, located at 819 South Cameron Street, Harrisburg PA 17104. 100% of the registration fees are returned in the form of trophies and cash prizes.

You can visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/rivercitypinball or find us on the web at http://www.rivercitypinball.com

I can be reached via email at [email protected] if you have any questions.

The current lineup is Guardians of the Galaxy, Walking Dead, Star Wars (Stern), Theatre of Magic, Rolling Stones and GhostBusters. There *might* be a new game coming, but I'm going to keep that a secret so it's a surprise if things pan out.

Last I heard, the operator was calling Cointaker to check on availability.

#2 6 years ago

I play there are three times a month. I always see the scores. I think about joining but I travel for work and don't know if I could make it every time.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

I play there are three times a month. I always see the scores. I think about joining but I travel for work and don't know if I could make it every time.

@jgel, No worries! The League allows for pre-plays, so if you miss you can still have scores on the night you miss.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

There *might* be a new game coming, but I'm going to keep that a secret so it's a surprise if things pan out.
Last I heard, the operator was calling Cointaker to check on availability.

Wow, I feel like we already have every new stern - does this mean we are getting Aerosmith (Pro)

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

To follow up on what Grimes posted, we allow for a total of 3 weeks of preplays. It's more fun when everyone is there, but we understand that people have lives outside of pinball. Well, at least some people do.

Anyway, they are undated preplays, so you preplay at the beginning of the season and if for some reason you get called out of town, we just use your scores from your preplay.

We have a few people that are either on-call for their jobs, or travel for work a lot. You should really come check it out, I think you'd have a great time.

Quoted from Grimes:

Wow, I feel like we already have every new stern - does this mean we are getting Aerosmith (Pro)

I'm not going to say what game , but last I heard the operator was on the phone with Melissa placing the order. We'll be trading in Guardians for TZ and the new game. So there will be 7 to play this season.

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

I'm planning on coming out on the 5th to check it out.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Powerslave67:

I'm planning on coming out on the 5th to check it out.

Great! I look forward to meeting you.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks Spyder.
Actually make that two as my buddy will be coming as well.
Neither of us have been to the RCBC yet, but we're gonna come over this Wednesday evening to get a few games in.

#8 6 years ago

Well, knock my socks off. You finally made a Pinside thread. Good job!!!

I'll throw in the link for the facebook page here for you also.
https://www.facebook.com/RiverCityPinball/

And the web site.
http://www.rivercitypinball.com/

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Well, knock my socks off. You finally made a Pinside thread. Good job!!!

I made one for winter league too...you just missed it.

#10 5 years ago

I made one for winter league too...you just missed it.

Actually it looks like you made a few. Missed them all. Who's ever is head of marketing is fired!!!!!

Great job on the winter league though. 26 people and growing.

RCB (resized).PNGRCB (resized).PNG

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Who's ever is head of marketing is fired!!!!!

Ken...

#12 5 years ago

Bump for orientation this Thursday!

#13 5 years ago

Bump for orientation this Thursday!

Second Bump for orientation night this Thursday night. Would love to see some more local Pinsiders in the league.

#14 5 years ago

Bwaah haha!

#15 5 years ago

Good luck to everyone!

#16 5 years ago

To the top.

Orientation tonight at 7pm. Come check out the new game!

#17 5 years ago

New game is Attack from Mars remake.

#18 5 years ago

We will have 3 new players coming in this Thursday night. My cousin Mark, his wife Sheila and one of their friends.
Still time to join up folks! Let’s hit 30 people!!

#19 5 years ago

I have a pre-play question:

Me and a friend (another new league member) just completed 2 rounds of pre-play to submit this Thursday.
With the Twilight Zone machine being down, can I add two scores for that machine once it's online to play
at a later date, or am I S.O.L.?

#20 5 years ago

I have a pre-play question:
Me and a friend (another new league member) just completed 2 rounds of pre-play to submit this Thursday.
With the Twilight Zone machine being down, can I add two scores for that machine once it's online to play
at a later date, or am I S.O.L.?

@powerslave67
Yes you can ad that game once it's up and running.

Scott

#21 5 years ago

Thanks Scott, see you Thursday.

Todd

#22 5 years ago

League starts tonight!

Please try and be there by 6:45pm so we can get everyone registered and assigned to a group.

#23 5 years ago

We had a turnout of 26 people. I played terrible, but I had a lot going on with trying to meet the new members and keep thing rolling. Well, at least that's the excuse I'm using.

I only had a chance to grab two pictures. There is an AFM over to the side that I wasn't able to get in the picture.

IMG_7522 (resized).JPGIMG_7522 (resized).JPG

IMG_7521 (resized).JPGIMG_7521 (resized).JPG

#24 5 years ago

We had a turnout of 26 people. I played terrible, but I had a lot going on with trying to meet the new members and keep thing rolling. Well, at least that's the excuse I'm using.
I only had a chance to grab two pictures. There is an AFM over to the side that I wasn't able to get in the picture.

You played terrible? Hell, I came in last place with only 3 points. But same as you was too busy chatting with all the new people and catching up with the regulars so didn't have my head in the game. Next week I'm shooting for 6 (out of 20) points!
Just in case anyone is still on the fence about joining up. You can still join up next week or the week after that and still have chance to make the seasonal playoffs. Actually you can join any time you want but the later you join the more it effects your chance to make the playoffs.
Nice touch posting a few pictures of the group. Also like to mention we now have about 25% female players and growing.

#25 5 years ago

I had a blast last night & am looking forward to more. My only regret is not having done this much sooner.

Nathan, thanks again. Your passion for the game is obvious & efforts are much appreciated.

Scott, great to meet you last night. I did check out your collection, it gave me flashbacks reading the list.
I couldn't imagine having Flash, Playboy, Gorgar, Firepower, Xenon, Black Knight, & Eight Ball Deluxe all in one room.

Todd

#26 5 years ago

My only regret is not having done this much sooner.
Nathan, thanks again. Your passion for the game is obvious & efforts are much appreciated.

I did the same thing. Waited over a year to join because I never considered my self a competition player. Or even a good player. Also thought it would be to hard to make the commitment to be there. I've onlyt had to miss a couple nights and wish I would have joined up sooner. It really is a blast playing with so many other that enjoy the hobby,
Was nice meeting you also. See ya Thursday night.
((((Scott))))

#27 5 years ago

You're very welcome. I'm happy to contribute to something that I enjoy so much.

4 weeks later
#28 5 years ago

Anyone know if there is a tournament happening this saturday? I didn't see anything updated on the website.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from BubbaBeast:

Anyone know if there is a tournament happening this saturday? I didn't see anything updated on the website.

Yes, the monthly tournament is this Saturday at 4PM.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from DangerSem:

Yes, the monthly tournament is this Saturday at 4PM.

Great thanks. The wife and I are going to try to make it (if we can track down a sitter).

#31 5 years ago

Some bonehead (might have been me) forgot to update the website until this morning.

Did you receive the email I sent out? If not, PM me your name / email address and I'll get you on the list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 22.50
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/river-city-pinball-league-central-pa?hl=dangersem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.