6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bakerman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bakerman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Just thinking the other day about the continuing rise in prices of used pinball machines and whilst it seems that all the various reasons behind it have be debated and argued at length on this site, there is one more reason that I have never seen mentioned.

Is it possible that the continued work of professional and talented amateur restorers are gradually depleting the available stock of "player" machines and turning them into "collectors" machines? Every year several thousand machines must undergo this transformation, so raising the average condition of any pinball and so casuing an increase in price. This means that it is increasingly difficult to find decent, working, players machines at an affordable price.

Just a thought.

#7 6 years ago

Being based in mainland Europe I have considered a long trip to Italy or Portugal to pick up 10 or 20 pins as they seem to be available and cheaper in these countries. I could not bring myself to buy that kind of quantity without seeing them in the flesh and getting the measure of who I was buying them from.

Restoring them would not be a problem as I have done plenty before, but I restore to 100% solid working decent machines, not HEP standards! This way I can sell them on for a fair price and they can continued to be enjoyed by the many, not just those with deep pockets.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bakerman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rising-prices-of-pinballs-again?tu=Bakerman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.