Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by loanguy7171973
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

asshole-255x300.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
001.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago

Not sure really what Donovan has to do with this post or the 1up.
I have shot you a pm regarding the other matter.

Thanks!

#152 5 years ago

I have to ask, did you place the personal ad saying that he was "looking for another man...."

#153 5 years ago

GOOD! Glad you got your money back and this guy has credit card people on his ass! Right on brutha!

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people blatanty screwing over other people thinking they can just walk away without consequences.... Not in my world man! Congrats!

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Im going to either send his game back, or...

Careful on this one. I can see the guy refusing shipment and getting you into another cluster****

I don't know how you're going to cut ties with this guy but I hope it's as painless as possible. What a story (sheesh)

Best of luck

#155 5 years ago

He said games in this condition are to be smashed so I guess it has zero value or negative value if you have dumpster fees.

#156 5 years ago

So how does Visa recoupe the money from the seller? They do not have the authority to go to his checking/savings account. Do they recoupe from his VISA account?

BTW, I wouldn't ship it back. I would send a certified letter asking what he'd like to do. Then add that if you do not hear a response within 30 days that you'll dispose it. That way you can have your tail covered.

-Rev

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

So how does Visa recoupe the money from the seller?

Credit card companies don't automatically side with the card holder. They will credit the statement for the disputed amount and then investigate the claim. If for whatever reason VISA determines that the cardholder filed a false claim or that the investigation shows that the seller sold the item in as stated condition they can put the charge back on the account. The cardholder should receive a letter with verbiage like this and a statement like "your claim should be resolved by (date) at which time if it is found you're responsible for the charges you will receive an other letter advising as such". I actually just went through this for an item my wife purchased with her card.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Credit card companies don't automatically side with the card holder. They will credit the statement for the disputed amount and then investigate the claim. If for whatever reason VISA determines that the cardholder filed a false claim or that the investigation shows that the seller sold the item in as stated condition they can put the charge back on the account. The cardholder should receive a letter with verbiage like this and a statement like "your claim should be resolved by (date) at which time if it is found you're responsible for the charges you will receive an other letter advising as such". I actually just went through this for an item my wife purchased with her card.

But if VISA sides with the cardholder, do they recoupe from Paypal and paypal recoupes from the seller?

(Following the way payment was made in this thread)

-REV

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

But if VISA sides with the cardholder, do they recoupe from Paypal and paypal recoupes from the seller?
(Following the way payment was made in this thread)
-REV

In this case PayPal would recoup the charges from the seller. PayPal has the option of taking it from the sellers PayPal account or the bank account that the seller has to back up the PayPal account if he used a VISA PayPal debit card and if it's a PayPal VISA credit card then they would deny sending the payment to the seller.

#160 5 years ago

Wow what a mess. This all goes back to business law 101 - buyer beware. I would be very surprised if the buyer would win this case in court. The seller does not know what happens to something they sell once it is out of their possession. This is really all he said she said. At the end of the day you got screwed and need to move on. Just don't do business with the seller anymore and warn everyone else you can not to do business with them. I agree with in person inspections when it comes to pinball. What one person perceives as nice the other person may think is a piece of crap. IMO any purchase that is not made in person is risky especially if you are not familiar with company or person selling the goods. Couple of things I would do is cancel the credit card immediately because the seller probably has the number. Do not return the game to seller - you may still get charged back from the credit card company and will then be out the money and the game. I would also read the fine print in you credit card contract - there should be an amount that visa or that credit card company protects up to. Good luck and keep us posted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
€ 8.40
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.40
$ 10,999.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside