Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by loanguy7171973
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

asshole-255x300.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
001.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

Guys I think the phone stuff needs to stop - no one is accusing OP of lying, but there are two sides to every story, and people are blindly calling/texting the guy based off of one side. I'm sure we've all done things that pissed someone off royally and they thought we were total a$$holes for it. It's fine to warn us about potentially bad dealers, but I think this is a bit far. Let's keep "Vengeance" to Star Trek ..

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Guys I think the phone stuff needs to stop - no one is accusing OP of lying, but there are two sides to every story, and people are blindly calling/texting the guy based off of one side. I'm sure we've all done things that pissed someone off royally and they thought we were total a$$holes for it. It's fine to warn us about potentially bad dealers, but I think this is a bit far. Let's keep "Vengeance" to Star Trek ..

Only weird thing I did was ask him his favorite ice cream flavor. We've been chatting for an hour about random stuff. Nothing threatening at all. Just suggested he tries to work it out. He actually asked me to call him and tried calling me ... just to talk lol.

The CL ad might have been a bit much in my humble opinion.

#104 6 years ago

That sucks evil e, Just hope you didn't pay anywhere near that 2500 price for a tx sector ,, Great shape or not way over priced,, $500-800 avg for his title. If you did I hope you get it all back.

#105 6 years ago

Zippy had to add that one to my thumb drive classic jpeg.

Oh and French Vanilla thanks for asking.

#106 6 years ago

An ad for him looking for men, thats funny stuff right there.

Good stuff Rascal! Nothing better than waking up to a few laughs.

#107 6 years ago

There are two sides of the story here, sure... Pix and the txt's dont lie though.
Thanks to technology, I have a lot of the conversation logged on my phone with this guy and I can show the pictures he sent where he cropped the pix and chose angles where it hides the damage.

Ive been in this hobby since 1997 and have a good reputation. This guy has blamed the shipping company and myself for damaging the game.. He also told RASCAL_H on those txt's that other OPS are calling him saying I did that to them also. The guy is unbelievable.

Anyone here really believe I would damage my own game? or switch games to rip him off? This guy is a huge liar and im blown away how blatant it is.

jon photo.jpg

#108 6 years ago

Not to mention, he is now accusing you of deforming him.

#109 6 years ago

I told this guy: "all I asked for was some money back". Since he refused to work with me, i had no choice but to do a charge back. He said he doesnt care, cause paypal covers him and im out of luck.

photo.jpg

#110 6 years ago

What's the moral to the story here, kids?
-mof

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Money is better spent on hookers and blow?

#112 6 years ago

This reminds me of this website I went to once. I think it was called 4chan.

Hope it all works out for op, but wow guys, talk about dirty laundry...

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We have a Winner!!

#114 6 years ago

Even experienced pinball collectors can be deceived sometimes, but it takes a crafty person to pull it off. Young Grasshopper newbie pinball collectors can learn much from this transaction.

Both fighters feel they have a high trump card to play (credit card co. -vs- Paypal).
In this bout, my money is on eXidy getting the unanimous decision in the 5th round.

Shipping a pin that has black mold or some other nasty crap is not being very considerate of other people (shippers, customer, and customer's family & friends).

Seeing some of the houses in south Louisiana after hurricane surge flood waters receeded and how nasty the walls got w/ mold and filth -- it leaves quite a lasting impression.

#115 6 years ago

Just got all caught up on this thread... All I can say is

#116 6 years ago

eXidy, mind if I post your OP onto http://coinopsellerratings.com/ to make it easier to search in Google?

If I can start getting reviews up, we can start flushing these guys out a lot easier, because the site will rank better than Pinside over time for pinball/arcade seller ratings.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not to mention, he is now accusing you of deforming him.

OK, all good stuff but I LOL'd at this one!

#118 6 years ago

It's times like these when one realizes paying the extra $5 for the "unlimited text plan" is a good idea.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Never buy games long distance without good pics. Period.

This thread and the similar thread on RGP would've never been necessary if the buyer exercised proper diligence. Taking good pictures is as easy as it's ever been. At a minimum, you should get a picture of the whole playfield. It appears the seller did misrepresent the game, but the buyer is equally to blame for not asking for better pics. I hope he learned a lesson.

#120 6 years ago

Lesson learned? How do you protect yourself from a guy who lies about the condition and takes pix hiding the damage? I think in this hobby you have to be able to trust each other to make deals, but when someone is deliberately out to rip you off - you cant protect yourself in anyway without actually being there. THE GUY SAID IT WAS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH NO WATER DAMAGE!

Im not a new collector and have purchased tons of games from people from all over the place, this is the first time ive actually dealt with a 100% dishonest, low life, lying scum that has an excuse or lie about every detail of the game.
The guy puts up a front on how honest he is, then stabs you in the back.

The best thing about all this is that I used VISA.

This guy texted me a few hours ago and told me that I cant do anything to him anyway, I cant press charges, I cant take him to court and "paypal" (thats who processed my card) has him covered, so I can f**k off.

#121 6 years ago

.... OP - out of blatant curiosity, can you please answer the question about why you filed a claim/chargeback and then spent the rest of the day fixing up the pin, and then say you'll be shipping it back on his dime? Why would you spend one second on the pin if you already initiated a chargeback and thinking it would be shipped back?

#122 6 years ago

I was still in open discussion with this guy, I told him I just wanted some money back and id deal with the game. I seriously didnt think it would go this far. Most people are reasonable, this guy isnt.

BTW, I dont even know if I will win the claim. Im figuring im stuck with it at this point. The only thing that made me feel better about all this was cleaning / fixing the game.

#123 6 years ago

My experience is that, if Paypal protects anyone, it's the buyer. Push on your cc co and paypal as well.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

My experience is that, if Paypal protects anyone, it's the buyer. Push on your cc co and paypal as well.

PayPal can't protect the buyer when it's a Visa claim. However, PayPal may do the buyer a favor by not fighting the chargeback on behalf of the seller, if it gets that far. If the seller can't show online trackable proof of delivery PayPal won't even try to defend the seller against the chargeback.

The bigger issue with going to Visa is they may decide your claim is invalid before even contacting the seller. I would have tried an eBay claim first, if I were the OP.

#125 6 years ago

OP did you pay with Paypal, or directly with your VISA? FYI if you do a chargeback claim with your VISA and it was a Paypal payment, that will get you banned from Paypal as you are supposed to only go through them with claims.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

OP did you pay with Paypal, or directly with your VISA? FYI if you do a chargeback claim with your VISA and it was a Paypal payment, that will get you banned from Paypal as you are supposed to only go through them with claims.

And/or make sure that you don't have an actual bank account listed on file with PayPal or they will just dip their hand in and take whatever funds they feel their owed. (Seen it happen a million times)

#127 6 years ago

Not trying to pick on anyone here. However all these problems can be avoided by only buying in person. I will never buy a game without seeing it in person and looking at everything I want to check in close detail. There is no game out there I can't wait for to come up locally.

The only exception would be buying NIB which I have only done once and probably won't do again looking at how prices are headed.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

Not trying to pick on anyone here. However all these problems can be avoided by only buying in person. I will never buy a game without seeing it in person and looking at everything I want to check in close detail. There is no game out there I can't wait for to come up locally.
The only exception would be buying NIB which I have only done once and probably won't do again looking at how prices are headed.

Depending on where you live, you might have to ship games in because the buying pool is so shallow.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

There is no game out there I can't wait for to come up locally.

Sure, because you live in Sanfran.

Most people actually don't live in/near a major city, so they don't have 20 new CL posts to look at each day.

Some games just don't seem to ever come up locally like Williams Starlight or Pokerino, even in big cities.

Had the seller been HONEST, none of this would have happened.

I go out of my way to point out EVERY flaw when I sell a game. Sure I might lose a few dollars, but because I'm not living on welfare, I'm not worried about it.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

And/or make sure that you don't have an actual bank account listed on file with PayPal or they will just dip their hand in and take whatever funds they feel their owed. (Seen it happen a million times)

These things are not true when you file a valid merchandise dispute with your credit card. PayPal only tries to recover funds/bans for fraudulent claims, e.g. unauthorized use claims.

However a chargeback does forfeit eBay and PayPal's own claims processes.

#131 6 years ago

If I *had* to have some game from a remote seller involving shipping, then I must get another trusted pinhead to go see in person first. I wouldn't personally do this, I will stick with buying locally.

#132 6 years ago

I think the REAL moral of the story here is this:
Pinsiders are fools; not a one of you picked Mint Chocolate Chip.

#133 6 years ago

"Most people actually don't live in/near a major city, so they don't have 20 new CL posts to look at each day."

And even some "major" cities don't have that much of a pin population, or it's all in the iron fists of collectors. See: Dallas.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Lesson learned? How do you protect yourself from a guy who lies about the condition and takes pix hiding the damage? I think in this hobby you have to be able to trust each other to make deals

Exidy...you and I have been in the hobby about the same amount of time. If you think deals should be based on trust, you must have had MUCH better luck than I've had. My rule is: "trust, but verify". The reason I'll drive 600 miles round-trip instead of shipping is so that "trust" never has to enter the equation. If I lived in CO, I would only buy local pins - lots of great sellers there.

If I HAD to buy a pin and have it shipped, I'd ask for detailed pictures taken in good light. I've emailed sellers before to ask for pics of missing areas, and often I find out that these are the areas with the worst damage. I also ask for high-res pictures (at least 1024x768), since anything lower than that hides damage.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I think the REAL moral of the story here is this:
Pinsiders are fools; not a one of you picked Mint Chocolate Chip.

I know, right? Or even peppermint stick.

#136 6 years ago

All I have to say is "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough".

#137 6 years ago

The stuff that Rascal guy sent to the Arcade owner...wow. Just totally reinforces the whole "collector's are douches" thing we always hear. He sent him pics of his collection and said 'that's how i roll'. I am starting to get it.

You know...when we used to sell hay, we refused to sell to horse people. Just would not sell hay to people that wanted it for horses. Too picky, complain too much later. You could tell them 'hey, this hay is crap, i would not feed it to my dog' but everyone trying to save a buck and they would buy anyway. Then complain about the horse getting sick after they ate the nasty hay.

#138 6 years ago

I think after you deal with a particular seller several times, you can develop trust. I trust EABundy to deliver just what he says. Although he usually hits us with so many pics it's never a trust thing anyway. But I mean if he said he had a players machine, 100% working, I would buy sight unseen.

#139 6 years ago

ok, so VISA called me and things are rolling now.
Ill wont be contacting the Seller any longer and will be going through VISA direct. Ill post info as I get it.

Thanks for all the support!

Jon

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Almost spilled my Sailor Jerry.... good stuff.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

How do you protect yourself from a guy who lies about the condition and takes pix hiding the damage?

Insist on better pics or don't make the deal. Simple as that. Digital cameras are everywhere. Asking for better pics from the seller is not an unreasonable request. If the seller stalls or gives excuses, don't make the deal. If the seller has good references/referrals, weak pics may be okay. You didn't say anything about checking for any prior sales or history of the seller online or off. You almost blindly took his word. If you think you aren't partially to blame for what happened, then something like this will likely happen to you again.

Do you still have the 'sneaky' pics? If yes, please post them here so that others won't fall for the same shenanigans again.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

The stuff that Rascal guy sent to the Arcade owner...wow. Just totally reinforces the whole "collector's are douches" thing we always hear. He sent him pics of his collection and said 'that's how i roll'. I am starting to get it.
You know...when we used to sell hay, we refused to sell to horse people. Just would not sell hay to people that wanted it for horses. Too picky, complain too much later. You could tell them 'hey, this hay is crap, i would not feed it to my dog' but everyone trying to save a buck and they would buy anyway. Then complain about the horse getting sick after they ate the nasty hay.

Am I reading this correctly? I'm a douche for sending him pics that were already on my phone? "That's how I roll" was totally for the enjoyment of those reading my screenshots and not a serious comment. I also asked him his favorite ice cream flavor. There are people with far better collections than me and I don't put myself on a higher level than anyone that has fewer than me.

You're a silly person.

3 months later
#144 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

I was still in open discussion with this guy, I told him I just wanted some money back and id deal with the game.

I wouldn't fight to keep the game and the money too. You wont win in court that way. Remember courts are there to make you "whole" again. If the credit card company or small claims court judge sees you as greedy, you may loose. If you tell them you just want to be whole again, you stand a good chance of winning this one.
Fight for the cost of the machine, transportation and court costs to bring it to court. Don't fight for loss of work or emotional stress. This isn't that type of case.
#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

All I have to say is "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough".

After reading this thread, I think Rocky Road would be more fitting.........

#146 5 years ago

Zombie thread did someone say .......Hookers and Blow?

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Played a few games, plays well now.

Wow I did not realize it had all that damage. I really enjoyed watching you play it, even when it was broken. The music is super odd-ball cheesy-and I love it. I may need to make it over to play again(;

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

I was still in open discussion with this guy, I told him I just wanted some money back and id deal with the game. I seriously didnt think it would go this far. Most people are reasonable, this guy isnt.

BTW, I dont even know if I will win the claim. Im figuring im stuck with it at this point. The only thing that made me feel better about all this was cleaning / fixing the game.

The way I look at it, once you started working on it you "bought it". You think you were ripped off? Leave the game as-is and work the channels to get your money back. Why would you work on a game you are intent on returning or trying to get a partial refund? If he has a link to this thread he should use it against you and try to claim you damaged the game. He may win.

I also agree with Phish - the pics are terrible, your bad for not getting better pics. If you buy a game with poor pics its pot luck and you are gambling and taking a risk. In some cases it may be worth it.

Lots of scum out there. I have bought a few pins in my life that were no where NEAR what I expected. Two times I traveled long distances... one was a very reputable seller and he avoided telling me about very obvious playfield wear...never again. I dont feel bad making them take better pics.. should be a given for ANY seller no matter what their reputation is - peoples opinions and tolerance for acceptable wear is all over the place.

2 weeks later
#149 5 years ago

Ok, well here is the update:

1) the seller was a complete asshole, he wouldnt come off the idea that I water damaged the game myself. I'm a collector! Why the hell would I do that?

2) All I wanted was a couple of hundred back!!! I would have left him alone after that, but he completely refused. He thought he was protected by the credit card company so his attitude was totally outrageous. He kept telling me that I cant do shit about it. He told me that I had to go to his state and file a claim and the police wouldnt do a thing about it.

3) I had no choice but to file a charge back. I ended up getting all my money back. Karma caught up with him.

Im going to either send his game back, or pay him what I think is fair for the game and move on.

asshole-255x300.jpg

#150 5 years ago

Gald you got something back out of the deal.

Did you ever hear back from Juordan (edit for right owners name) about the 1-up situation? He never returned my calls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Uden, NB
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside