IMG_1680.JPG
$(KGrHqR,!qwFCSu5RuY(BQqE5BPg!w~~60_57.jpg
RBION_(7).JPG
RBION_(4).JPG
RBION_(5).JPG
RBION_(3).JPG
RBION_(2).JPG
RBION_(1).JPG
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#50 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Two way is left orbit to loop. Super Two Way is left orbit to super jackpot shot.

That makes perfect sense. My left loop switch was broken for a long time, so I would have never seen it.

1 week later
#51 10 years ago

What display and CPU version roms are people running? I was trying to update over 3.0 because I was sick of those false tech alerts. We went with the newest versions of each off of ipdb.org, but my game is not liking the updates.

#52 10 years ago

3.01. Only bug (other than the incorrect tech alerts) is Asia can't be set to more than 30 spins or it will cause resets. 3.01 also has 'Go Backwards' mystery award, which is cool. They made a change in 3.02 that changed how the EOS switches are handled, which neuters the flippers somewhat I've been told. John Wart will burn whatever flavor you want. 3.0 display I believe.

Have you upgraded any of your flipper coils yet? I can't imagine going back now.

#53 10 years ago

When I upgraded to 3.02 years ago, my left flipper went to crap. After reading the release notes and the eos thing, I checked out my flipper mech.

It was manufactured with a messed up eos. It worked fine prior, but the problem showed up after the upgrade.

I adjusted the eos and it started playing fine again. So I wouldn't say the update neuters the flippers... But it may nightlight a problem.

10 months later
#54 9 years ago

Quick question... Is rbion a wide body?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Quick question... Is rbion a wide body?

No.

#56 9 years ago

Idol almost ready to sell, illuminated with dome flasher.

image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg

2 weeks later
1 year later
#58 8 years ago

Hey guys any custom rule cards available? Thanks in advance.

#59 8 years ago

There are a few around if you search as I unfortunately can't remember where. Some free, some for sale. Here's one that free.

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/2013/02/ripleys-believe-it-or-not.html?m=1

6 months later
#61 7 years ago

Bump. I'm guessing this thread is about as close to a RBION "club" as we've got here, and I'm back in it as of last week.

Had to downsize on a more expensive game to something a little bit cheaper, and so RBION was the first thing that popped up locally. I had a heavily routed one a couple of years ago that I sold. Always regretted it despite the condition, it was at least a great player. I have a nicer example now and it's good to be playing it again.

Question for the modders, did you have any issues getting mirror blades on this thing? I'm noticing I can barely move the playfield side to side, it seems like the blades would be an extremely tight fit. Tight enough to scratch them.

Has anyone seen side decals that may be suitable for a RBION? Something with a jungle theme. That could be a cool alternative too.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Bump. I'm guessing this thread is about as close to a RBION "club" as we've got here, and I'm back in it as of last week.
Had to downsize on a more expensive game to something a little bit cheaper, and so RBION was the first thing that popped up locally. I had a heavily routed one a couple of years ago that I sold. Always regretted it despite the condition, it was at least a great player. I have a nicer example now and it's good to be playing it again.
Question for the modders, did you have any issues getting mirror blades on this thing? I'm noticing I can barely move the playfield side to side, it seems like the blades would be an extremely tight fit. Tight enough to scratch them.
Has anyone seen side decals that may be suitable for a RBION? Something with a jungle theme. That could be a cool alternative too.

I had mirror blades on mine and liked them. Some will tell you they don't make a difference, so YMMV. No issues with scratching and they fit fine.

RBION is an awesome game.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had mirror blades on mine and liked them. Some will tell you they don't make a difference, so YMMV. No issues with scratching and they fit fine.

Thanks for the feedback. My biggest concern was the potential scratching (blades I've had on other games had a lot more wiggle room), but I'll consider picking up a set in the future then.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I bought some during a sale years ago, I think they look alright but I don;t really understand the point of mirror blades so I don;t think they offer much improvment to me; although I'm more of a player.
Personally my RBION has quite a lot of movement side to side, and I have to be REAL careful every time I lift it to avoid scratches; and I might havea couple anyway.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I bought some during a sale years ago, I think they look alright but I don;t really understand the point of mirror blades so I don;t think they offer much improvment to me; although I'm more of a player.
Personally my RBION has quite a lot of movement side to side, and I have to be REAL careful every time I lift it to avoid scratches; and I might havea couple anyway.

I consider myself more of a player too, but I also enjoy making my games look nice.

Interesting that you seem to have a lot of wiggle room on your PF. I wonder why mine barely moves.

1 week later
#66 7 years ago

Today is a good day.

20160826_225231.jpg20160826_225231.jpg

#67 7 years ago

Never saw a Frog frenzy!!! How'd you get it??What combo??My RBION is a keeper!!!

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Never saw a Frog frenzy!!! How'd you get it??What combo??My RBION is a keeper!!!

The seventh Super Jackpot does it! I had a killer multiball where I knocked out four on the first ball. Got two off the Continent Jackpot (got to it twice), got my last one from the checkered board.

I've had six Super Jackpots completed twice that I can think of, taunting me, but I was never able to cash in a seventh until today.

RBION is such a great game.

#69 7 years ago

So,reading this i c there is a 3.02 code,that has a new feature,but may have a bug?? Mine is still 3.0! Would any of you that has upgraded say it's cool??Thanks:)peace

#70 7 years ago

WOW aKm,way cool,thank you! I've not quite got that high a score yet

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Frog frenzy!!!

something else I will never achieve...greeeeat.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Today is a good day.

Congrats! I have still never gotten frog Frenzy! Such a good game

#73 7 years ago

One of the tutorial videos shows Frog Frenzy. The start animation for it is hilarious.

2 months later
#74 7 years ago

Just joined the club!

Love these little cryptids and (believe it or not) think I can fit 3-4 on my RBION!

IMG_1777 (resized).PNGIMG_1777 (resized).PNG

#75 7 years ago

Hoping we get a COLOR DMD for RBION soon!

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Just joined the club!

Love these little cryptids and (believe it or not) think I can fit 3-4 on my RBION!

Those Bigfoots would be a really nice addition to the machine. There's a lot of room in the top right by the pops especially.

Welcome to the club! It's a great machine.

2 weeks later
#77 7 years ago

weaverj's post "My First Stern (RBION); HELP!!!" got me thinkin' back 4.5 years ago when I got my RBION for my b-day, which I obviously bought for myself, and started a thread titled "RBION is in - my 1st Stern."

I still remember it like the first night I got it....

rbionpax (resized).JPGrbionpax (resized).JPG

#78 7 years ago

My first NIB. Still in my collection. 12 years and 50+ games later, that speaks volumes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ripleys-rbion-calling-all-roller-skating-penguins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.