Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shakethatmachine
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rbionpax (resized).JPG
IMG_1777 (resized).PNG
20160826_225231.jpg
image-78.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1680.JPG
$(KGrHqR,!qwFCSu5RuY(BQqE5BPg!w~~60_57.jpg
RBION_(7).JPG
RBION_(4).JPG
RBION_(5).JPG
RBION_(3).JPG
RBION_(2).JPG
RBION_(1).JPG

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

RBION is a game I had purchased twice. Sold it, missed it and bought another one. The theme is odd, but I love the layout, rules and it's an overall really fun game. When I got the game again I knew I would be holding onto it for a while so figured I may as well pimp it out a bit. Here are some pictures of my RBION enjoy. Feel free to share tips or other things you love about this great Pat Lawlor game.

RBION_(1).JPG RBION_(2).JPG RBION_(3).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Couple more

RBION_(5).JPG RBION_(4).JPG RBION_(7).JPG

#3 6 years ago

It's a fantastic game. IOrange is a little much for me but as long as you like it that's all that matters!

#5 6 years ago

Whenever I get around to adding a Lawlor game to the lineup, odds are RBION will be the one.

#6 6 years ago

Mmmmm, that is nice. I was thinking the more Red color for myself. The cool thing is you can pick a number of colors that would look good as the pf has so many to choose from. Thanx for sharing looks really good!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Whenever I get around to adding a Lawlor game to the lineup, odds are RBION will be the one.

Hoping my 3rd is on the way in the next week

#8 6 years ago

Awesome looking game mummite. I played it nonstop for months. Very addicting and fun game. But I think I overplayed it and grew tired. Made it to Atlantis once. Still a great game in my book.

#9 6 years ago

I am having separation issues.... I sold mine last night.

Great Game, and you did a Sweet Job on yours!

From an old thread, and something I added, there is a Tiki Cigarette snuffer that was on Ebay.
Less then $5, fits right above the Tiki Spot, and has a hole ready and perfect for a tied in LED.
The only Mod I found I liked on the game

#10 6 years ago

Great game and looks like you have a very nice copy.

#11 6 years ago

Got one, but still can't work out the best way to play it. Ball seems to last forever, but scores are terrible. Have to keep trying. Nice colors on yours, well done.

#12 6 years ago

I put colored cliffys on for a while but took them back off it just makes the shots so much harder. The stock red ones are more of a plastic and the colored are rubber .

#13 6 years ago

Most underrated pin ever

#14 6 years ago

Just picked up an uber-nice example. Added mirror blades, colored cliffys, LEDs, and lighted flipper buttons. You don't need a whole lot of mods to this game. I love it!

#15 6 years ago

From an old thread, and something I added, there is a Tiki Cigarette snuffer that was on Ebay.Less then $5, fits right above the Tiki Spot, and has a hole ready and perfect for a tied in LED.The only Mod I found I liked on the game

Sweet idea! I just bought one - $3.60 on eBay.

$(KGrHqR,!qwFCSu5RuY(BQqE5BPg!w~~60_57.jpg

#16 6 years ago

What is the going rate for these? I have seen them sort of all over the map as far as price goes but it is hard to tell what people are actually paying.

#17 6 years ago

I picked one up a month ago and absolutely love it. I don't know why it doesn't get more love on pinside. Lots of interesting shots, nice rules, many modes, good wizard mode (set it x-easy if you want to get to Atlantis), and several good multiball modes. Score is all relative, but it isn't the first time I heard of people thinking it scores too low. Scoreflation on many pins is silly, but each to their own. My wife finds some of the callouts to be slightly racist, but I think they are funny.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

What is the going rate for these? I have seen them sort of all over the map as far as price goes but it is hard to tell what people are actually paying.

Totally depends on condition. RBION was not a popular title when released, but has gained some traction over the years.

From what I've seen over the past 18 months, routed or beater games will average in the mid to high $2Ks. Nice examples or HUO will be in the mid to high $3Ks.

#19 6 years ago

I think this may be number #1 on my wishlist becuase when I think what's next for me in pinball I keep coming back to RBION. I have Stargate (deep) and HS2 (fast and fun) and RBION would fit into my newer Stern slot at a reasonable price, $3000's and it would send me on a pinball play adventure I am looking for. Have kids also and will be family friendly.

After that I would want to add a fun shooter game like T2 or Tron? Really dig RBION.

#20 6 years ago

I'd say rbion is a 2.5k and up pin depending on condition here in the Bay Area ca. Game is worth every penny. Tiki guy is cool and could be a nice addition. Anyone have pix of there machine? Post um up any other good mods for this game?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sweet idea! I just bought one - $3.60 on eBay.

Love my Ripley's! First game I purchased and would have a hard time letting it go. Can you post Tiki head placement in the machine? Also anyone with topper ideas please share.

#22 6 years ago

I love RBION! It's the first (and probably only) new-in-box purchase I made.

The playfield looks amazing, the game is great to play. It's quite hard! I will admit that the backbox needs to grow on you, but it does.

To the OP, I like your RBION. I'm not a mod guy myself (and think the standard RBION looks better than many moded pins).

As for toppers... Well, I have a couple of Tiki faces... PLUS I found the exact same shrunken heads from the playfield and have a couple of them on top.

#23 6 years ago

I grab this awhile ago, still havent mounted it but they had them at big lots for I think 10 bucks

IMG_1680.JPG

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

From an old thread, and something I added, there is a Tiki Cigarette snuffer that was on Ebay.
Less then $5, fits right above the Tiki Spot, and has a hole ready and perfect for a tied in LED.
The only Mod I found I liked on the game

Just purchased one of these Tiki snuffers for my RBION as well. Great price and shipping was only .10 you don't see that very often. Other than LED's this will be my 1st mod for this game.

I agree that it is highly underrated....

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

RBION is a game I had purchased twice. Sold it, missed it and bought another one. The theme is odd, but I love the layout, rules and it's an overall really fun game. When I got the game again I knew I would be holding onto it for a while so figured I may as well pimp it out a bit. Here are some pictures of my RBION enjoy. Feel free to share tips or other things you love about this great Pat Lawlor game.

Fantastic game. Top 5 Stern for me. I can't see it ever leaving. It has it all IMHO; variety, theme, depth, difficulty. I love a challenge and I love RBION.

I added navy blue colored posts sleeves that fit right in and a color changing LED to the believe it or not scoop arrow. Normally I am almost 100% against color changing LEDs but with this theme, in this spot, it looks like it should have been there from the factory.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I love a challenge and I love RBION.

You know I had all but one Super Jackpot lit the other week. Had at least 9 shots at the last and finally nailed it..."Awesome! Frog Fr....what the f&*k?!?" Had to hit it AGAIN which I of course couldn't. Very challenging game, and I can play mine for a very long time.

#27 6 years ago

I did add a spot light to the top of the right sling to help brighten up the playfield. Also wired in a green LED inside the scoop that is tied to the tiki flasher. Looks great when the tiki flash goes off. If you want the scoop LED wired and ready just e-mail the pinball refinery guys and they will hook you up.

#28 6 years ago

I'm letting mine go. It is truly an underrated game. I finally saw Atlantis and was blown away.

I have a feeling I will want it back someday. Too many games to try and own and its on my list to let go

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Too many games to try and own and its on my list to let go

Probably wanna get rid of that Austin Powers first

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably wanna get rid of that Austin Powers first

I f-d up Austin Powers when I pulled Mylar. It is now getting a new CC play field so its not going anywhere.

Plus I like Iron Man I mean Austin Powers

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Tonight on Ripley's I got two extra balls and made all of my skill shots. That adds up to 15 million points which of course is huge in Ripley's. Never done that before.

#32 6 years ago

rbion is so hard to get in Australia, such an under rated machine

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

rbion is so hard to get in Australia, such an under rated machine

You have to collect 4 boomerangs by hitting the vari-scoop to get Australia. . .

#34 6 years ago

Love my RBION. Had never seen or played one before and really had no idea that it was even a Lawlor design. I ended up dropping some quarters in one that was at a local bowling alley while I was waiting around and came away surprised how much I liked it. I picked one up some month later and it's still the first game I got to play when I need a quick fix. Not sure why I like it so much -- but it is a great package.

#35 6 years ago

I really love playing my RBION as well. It was the first dmd machine I owned... and had been routed. It works and looks great now. It kills me when I see one in the wild without a cliffy protector on the scoop. Speaking of scoops...mine had been repaired by a previous owner with a really crappy spot weld, so I chose to replace it with the mantis reproduction one. Talk about sturdy! Kinda expensive, but for my situation, very worth it.
Also, Cliffy doesn't list it on his website, but he does (did?) make a special shooter lane kickout protector for rbion. I should know, I got the first one.
I don't see this machine leaving my colleciton anytime soon.... heck, I haven't even seen Atlantis yet.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

heck, I haven't even seen Atlantis yet.

It took me a LONG time...once you break the seal though it gets a lot easier. Frog Frenzy is so goddamn hard to get.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

You have to collect 4 boomerangs by hitting the vari-scoop to get Australia. . .

haha watch out for kangaroos

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

haha watch out for kangaroos

Seriously

#39 6 years ago

What are the details on frog frenzy?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Gotta get all Super Jackpots THEN hit one more. Never got it, don;t wanna know what happens till I earn it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

LQQKY here>>>> http://papa.org/blog/2012/01/keith-elwin-does-a-tutorial-believe-it-or-not/

It may ruin the excitement for you should you get 'there'....which I seem to be having a hard time doing but hope to before I die! ; )

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

LQQKY here>>>> http://papa.org/blog/2012/01/keith-elwin-does-a-tutorial-believe-it-or-not/
It may ruin the excitement for you should you get 'there'....which I seem to be having a hard time doing but hope to before I die! ; )

I won't look but only becasue I feel like I'm so close!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seriously
ยป YouTube video

don't mess with a kanga, especially the kangaroos known as BIG RED those things will kill you.

#44 6 years ago

I'm not watching but that seems dand hard!

#45 6 years ago

Got my tiki man in the mail today. $3.60 total and shipped fast. Nice detail. I plan to install an LED in his head, either tied to GI or maybe the idol light. Picture attached for size reference. It fits perfectly.

Believe It Or Not.

image.jpg

#46 6 years ago

Mudflaps nice spotlight added below the pop, that's a good mounting spot.

#47 6 years ago

Nice eye! I added a spotlight on each side of the playfield to brighten it up. Like I mentioned, this game doesn't need a ton of mods, but I added some subtle stuff (or tacky stuff depending on your outlook).

1 week later
#48 6 years ago

Has anyone ever seen a two-way combo in RBION? Normally things are pretty frantic so I don't spend a lot of time looking at the DMD, but the other night I caught it saying "Two-Way Combo 150,000". So no big points or anything. I was in a multiball, but I don't know hit to trigger it and I was surprised I had never seen it before. I figured it must be one ramp after another or something, but I have done that a million times and never noticed it before.

#49 6 years ago

Two way is left orbit to loop. Super Two Way is left orbit to super jackpot shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside