Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Yoko2una
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Just curious if anybody has any info on how many Ripley's were made?I have the chance to by one I previously owned back and looking at the listing here on pinside saw it was unknown.Never really knew if it was considered rare or not just like the game regardless myself.

#2 2 years ago

Odd,they say production unknown!! You think they would know how many were made!!Is there any numbers on the cab any where that would give a clue??Hmmm,if nobody knows how many there are,how are we to fix a value on ours in time??There had to be at least 5000 made,you use to see this pin everywhere!!

#3 2 years ago

Doubt anyone does. I've seen people list from 1200-2750 but those Stern# threads never end well They love to keep it a mystery and people guessing/arguing

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Odd,they say production unknown!! You think they would know how many were made!!

Stern does not release the numbers of games made/sold.

#4 2 years ago

Well it came out in 2004.....I doubt numbers were too high my guess would be 1k maybe 1500 tops, but Stern never announces their numbers produced so there will always be speculation. I do know it wasn't a good money maker for vendors and it was considered a DUD! However as new code was released and people actually played the game it earned much praise and respect among pinheads because of the challenge and the deep ruleset. I do know the playfield artwork was all hand drawn and the game seems to have developed a cult like following. It's not an easy pinball machine to beat so the challenge is there. I will admit when I first played it I absolutely hated it.....threw it up on Pinside here.....had a few hits....kept playing it and developed a real appreciation for the game itself. It took a long time to grow on me but I really enjoy the challenge the game offers.

#5 2 years ago

I still have the box mine came in. Maybe I can glean something from it.

#6 2 years ago

Approximately 2,750 units.
One production run period starting from March 2004.
End of the production run was early first quarter 2005.

Last publicly reported and verifiable SN# 182417.
Stern serial number sequence decoding is not offered for public release.

The game is not rare, and not even uncommon at the present time.
Decreased availability of functional WhiteStar board sets may someday change this last point.

Game in superb condition is worth $3600.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Approximately 2,750 units.
One production run period starting from March 2004.
End of the production run was early first quarter 2005.
Last publicly reported and verifiable SN# 182417.
Stern serial number sequence decoding is not offered for public release.
The game is not rare, and not even uncommon at the present time.
Decreased availability of functional WhiteStar board sets may someday change this last point.
Game in superb condition is worth $3600.

Your price assessment is pretty spot on but I have seen really nice ones lately in the mid $4k range but then again everything in the last year or so seems to be $1000 higher than normal. The one I have is definitely bolted to the floor lol. it is my second one, when I sold my last one I didn't think I'd miss it but after a few years without it I couldn't find many games that were as much fun as RBION was to me personally and my feelings were echoed by friends and family constantly telling me to get another one. So when I found a pristine/spotless HUO one with 80 original plays I jumped on it and I couldn't be happier. Once you get good at playing the tic tac toe grid the game really comes alive. Even though this game was released in the stern dark years it's probably the closest thing to an original/unlicensed theme stern has ever done (or probably ever will do) of course it is a licensed theme but being that it is such a random concept for a game it seems more like an unlicensed theme with a licensed title slapped on the side

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

So when I found a pristine/spotless HUO one with 80 original plays I jumped on it and I couldn't be happier.

Same. I hounded a friend for 2 years for his HUO RBION with low plays and pounced when he finally put it FS a few months ago. Couldn't be happier with the game. Paid in the mid-high $3K range which was totally fair given the pristine condition and the fact that there are a billion features on this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside