Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Ripley's Doesn't Believe Ball Is Lost

Letter received on Saturday July 16th 2016.

Saturday July 16th 2016

Hello Lloyd,

I recently purchased a Stern Ripleys Believe It or Not and am having the following issue:

The lost ball feature refuses to work. It should run through the bumpers and coils trying to loosen a lost ball for 20 seconds and then give up and launch a new ball but it just goes on looking forever. The manual says that if the game is defaulted to "Competition mode" it will do this as it won't launch a new ball in that case. The correction is to ensure that the machine is set to "No" for competition mode. I have reset the machine to factory defaults, reviewed the manual settings to ensure that "Competition mode" is set to "No" but the machine still refuses to launch a new ball. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Shrunken Head

Hi Shrunken Head

I would start with correct number of balls in the Game ? Ball trough switches and shooter lane switch working good ?

Latest software in the game ?

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ripleys-doesnt-believe-ball-is-lost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.