Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a RBION, and I'm having trouble with the idol switch. After installing LEDs into the game, when I started a ball, the idol opto switch would shotgun. So, I replaced both transceivers, and it's a lot better but it's still occasionally registers a hit.

I took both otpos and and cleaned them, even though they were new. With some Novus 1 and a Q-tip I cleaned the underside of the clear plastic that sits over the magnet opto. I cleaned the top side of the clear plastic.

Unfortunately I've never played the game before I got it so I don't remember if it was acting up before I installed the LEDs. The LEDs made it worse for sure, but not sure if it was a problem or not.

The only other ideas I have I don't love, lowering the brightness of the LEDs in the area, or 3d printing little barrels to go over the optos to help lessen light leakage both in and out.

Is there anyone who's already been through this that has any better ideas?

Thanks.

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Just in case someone has this issue 5 years from now...

What fixed the problem was ordering the transceivers from Marco. The ones from pinball life just didn’t work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ripley-s-believe-it-or-not-idol-switch-rbion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.