(Topic ID: 212314)

RIP - Toys R Us

By Frax

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180331_210257 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1522015485514 (resized).jpg
    apivgrrrk__68762.1504109098 (resized).jpg
    ted for art accented edges (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0212 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0207 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0200 (resized).JPG
    toys r us shirt 2.jpg (resized).JPG
    toys r us shirt 1.jpg (resized).JPG
    15FC5488-9AD0-4C46-94A7-8D0B5517AB2C (resized).jpeg
    B4E0D996-4FEE-4B0F-892A-6596F5349F71 (resized).jpeg
    1.JPG
    ToysRUs1990 (resized).jpg
    bk37qsp.gif
    C45131E4-3625-4B1B-931F-289DA9EB3C39 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider texasjustice.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

Taylor34. Agreed. Its like with Blockbuster. It was better to have them around, but I wasnt crying for them when they left. Toys R Us and Blockbusters best days were 20 plus years ago. Bad customer service galore.

I did love there 80s jingle though.

I'm fairly certain that is Jenny Lewis of The Wizard fame as the redhead girl. I recognize that curly haired boy with the glasses from a movie as well, and some in the comment section claim that is Urkel on the swing.

#40 6 years ago

Forceflow. Fascinating vid. For those who don't want to watch it, it says that in 2006 they did a leveraged buyout, which gained them 6.6 billion in debt, and with declining sales in a crowded shrinking market they buckled. So sad that greed by the banks and a few investors lost our economy 33k jobs.

#76 6 years ago

Obviously the LBO hurt them bad. Let me ask this though. What if toys, like electriconcs, had a minimum advertised price guideline, like lots of tvs do. A manufacturer price guideline that helps spur competition to help keep stores open. It seems to have worked for tv stores.

It's basically a manufacturer rule where no one can advertise a price below a certain amount to help keep one store from wiping out the others. You can sell lower, you just can't advertise lower.

Would that work in other areas to help keep brick and mortars alive?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider texasjustice.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-toys-r-us?tu=texasjustice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.