(Topic ID: 212314)

RIP - Toys R Us

By Frax

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180331_210257 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1522015485514 (resized).jpg
    apivgrrrk__68762.1504109098 (resized).jpg
    ted for art accented edges (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0212 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0207 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0200 (resized).JPG
    toys r us shirt 2.jpg (resized).JPG
    toys r us shirt 1.jpg (resized).JPG
    15FC5488-9AD0-4C46-94A7-8D0B5517AB2C (resized).jpeg
    B4E0D996-4FEE-4B0F-892A-6596F5349F71 (resized).jpeg
    1.JPG
    ToysRUs1990 (resized).jpg
    bk37qsp.gif
    C45131E4-3625-4B1B-931F-289DA9EB3C39 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 6 years ago

I remember in the mid 80's my mom or one of my neighborhood friend's mom calling Toys R Us to see when they would put out the boxes of Transformers. We would all carpool to the store at the time and tear open those boxes..... out of 10 cases, maybe one box had a specific Transformer one of us wanted. Like vultures, we'd take what we wanted and left the common stuff to those who weren't nuts like us

Also anyone remember Child World ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_World ) ..... grew up shopping there until Toys R Us took over the area

1 week later
    #218 6 years ago

I brought my two daughters to the Manchester NH Toys R Us on Saturday afternoon ..... it was packed. Parking lot was completely full like an old fashion Black Friday sale. Stuff was 10% to 30% off but almost all of it was just 10%. Was impossible to walk around...shoulder to shoulder people grabbing anything and everything they could. Squeezed into the Lego Aisle, almost nothing left. My youngest did score a Lego playset she wanted so we got that. Oldest said "this place sucks" and didn't want anything. I went over to see if any action figures would be good for my pins .... nothing left. Marvel, Star Wars, all picked over. Went to the video games corner..... display cases were near empty. The Nintendo case had maybe 25 games in it ..... and one was the Stern Pinball game for the Switch! Got my 10% off that (saved a whopping $3) but at least I got one final item and it was pinball related. Checkout line zig zagged in front of the registers then down the main aisle all the way to the back of the store. One thing I saw was the employees were all in a good mood and working their asses off to help everyone. Never get service like that at Walmart

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider max_badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-toys-r-us?tu=max_badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.