(Topic ID: 212314)

RIP - Toys R Us

By Frax

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180331_210257 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1522015485514 (resized).jpg
    apivgrrrk__68762.1504109098 (resized).jpg
    ted for art accented edges (2) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0212 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0207 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0200 (resized).JPG
    toys r us shirt 2.jpg (resized).JPG
    toys r us shirt 1.jpg (resized).JPG
    15FC5488-9AD0-4C46-94A7-8D0B5517AB2C (resized).jpeg
    B4E0D996-4FEE-4B0F-892A-6596F5349F71 (resized).jpeg
    1.JPG
    ToysRUs1990 (resized).jpg
    bk37qsp.gif
    C45131E4-3625-4B1B-931F-289DA9EB3C39 (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

dang , wonder when stuff will start getting marked down

i also have fond memories of exchanging the paper slip for nes/snes games back in the day.

except i bought shaq fu there... still have it cib if anyone is interested ;P

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They usually jack the prices back up to full retail or more, then say everything is "up to 25% off!", then baby step the savings up until everything's gone, most of it at more than it cost before the fake sale by sheeple who think they're getting a deal. There are almost never deals at liquidation company sales until the last day or two, and only if there's something you want left, which it rare.

i got some sweet deals on some video games at circuit city during their sell off

#83 6 years ago

Kay Bee Toys was always fun to go to as a kid, I think they went out of business like 10 years ago. I remember buying Star Tropics on NES there out of their clearance bin for like $5, still have it cib.

edit: wow you beat me by like 10 seconds

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Less out of my pocket than a senseless tax that won't change anything. #dickanswerbutTRUE
    Let's be honest here... what's the percentage of "Highly skilled" positions available at TRU? 2%? I feel bad for those people. Anyone else? Sorry, you made the same stupid and unfortunate life choices I did.

I use to be a manager at Target and during the holiday season I hired this kid who was suppose to play a large roll on my team, and after like 2 shifts he just no call no showed and never came back. Then one day I saw him working at Toys R Us when I was shopping there lol, he avoided eye contact and ran down an aisle lol. So he can suck it but I feel bad for everyone else.

#176 6 years ago

nothing on sale at our toys r us yet... i looked online and it said only 1 in colorado is scheduled to close and I happened to be close to it yesterday in Denver and checked it out and nothing was on sale there either.

not sure what the deal is

#179 6 years ago

my buddy hit one up in south dakota and its almost empty now i guess

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I stopped at T-r-U and there were no sales going on. Parking lot looked like there was, but inside looked like every day.
    BUT.... from what I pieced together from a conversation that I overheard from a manager, sounds like they were supposed to set up the signage last night (they didn't, so that must mean he's a poor manager), but were glad they didn't anyway because corporate was closed due to snow, and couldn't flip the switch to start the sale.
    So tomorrow?

wow, no wonder they went out of business lol

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Stopped in yesterday again. This time they put up the signs. Sorta. Not everything was marked. Most things were only marked down 10%. Couple cheaper things were 20%. Video games are 10% off retail. That makes some a better price than most places. But games that should have already been listed at $30, were still $60.
    But for the most part, their current sale price only gets a product down to close to retail compared to WalMart and Target.

yeah and if you have best buys gamer reward program you get 20% off every day on new games lol. too bad nothing good will be left when the prices finally lower. all the switch stuff had a sign on it saying not part of the sale as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-toys-r-us?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.