(Topic ID: 302363)

RIP Thelma Lou

By DennisDodel

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E90CA89F-A0D7-432E-BB67-99E59A7D9632 (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

The fact that anybody from that show beyond Opie was still alive is mind boggling to me!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The fact that anybody from that show beyond Opie was still alive is mind boggling to me!

You can count Elinor Donahue too. She was an early regular.
    R.I.P. Betty.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You can count Elinor Donahue too. She was an early regular.
    R.I.P. Betty.

And Clint Howard who played Leon. RIP Betty.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

And Clint Howard who played Leon. RIP Betty.

I don't think you could consider him a regular, though. He was in like five episodes. There were other actors who appeared more often, including several young people who are likely still living.

#6 2 years ago

The writing on that show was nothing short of pure comic genius.

#7 2 years ago

This show gets better with age. I remember my dad watching the re-runs as a kid and I thought it was ok. Now that I'm older I really enjoy it. If it's on I will watch it over almost anything else. The only thing I have noticed is they seem to re-run a lot of the same ones over and over. I don't think I have seen any with Clint Howard yet?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

This show gets better with age. I remember my dad watching the re-runs as a kid and I thought it was ok. Now that I'm older I really enjoy it. If it's on I will watch it over almost anything else. The only thing I have noticed is they seem to re-run a lot of the same ones over and over. I don't think I have seen any with Clint Howard yet?

He was very young. He's Ron Howard's younger brother.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

He was very young. He's Ron Howard's younger brother.

Yeah…keep him away from the Tranya!!!

E90CA89F-A0D7-432E-BB67-99E59A7D9632 (resized).jpegE90CA89F-A0D7-432E-BB67-99E59A7D9632 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #10 2 years ago

My mom, who recently passed, loved Andy Griffith. My sister and I would binge watch shows with her when visiting.
    One of the young nurses walked in once and I commented on how it’s our favorite show.
    I asked her if she had heard of it..and she says, “Honey, I’m from Mount Airy North Carolina!”.

Crazy that Thelma Lou and Ms Crump we’re never married, had kids etc .. in real life.
    Very nice looking ladies.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-thelma-lou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.