BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #40 Obituary Posted by Bublehead (3 years ago)

Post #325 In loving memory Posted by Gunnut40 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 3 years ago

some of you on here may have talked to "Who Dey", Terry Ritchie. He had an avatar of a tiger with a bengals shirts on. He was good at stirring up things in the forums. Unfortunately, I found out this evening he passed away 2 days ago. He lived in Ohio. His girlfriend was ok with this post so friends on here knew of his passing.

#2 3 years ago

Get the fuck out of here...wow

#3 3 years ago

Omg. I just talked to him on the phone Sunday. Tell me this is a bad joke man. He was going to retire in two months. Tell me this is a joke.

#5 3 years ago

Damn, heart broken, I was planning on meeting up with him after his retirement in January

#6 3 years ago

He was constantly talking aboot that shift being the 'death of him ' like we all do just shitting around.

#7 3 years ago

Wow, really?! I can't believe it. That's very sad and shocking. I haven't been around the forums that long, but he was certainly a well-known personality. He wasn't that old either was he? Damn.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

He wasn't that old either was he? Damn.

55 I believe?

#9 3 years ago

Fuck, one of the regulars that I really enjoyed his posts. I never met him but my heart just sank

#10 3 years ago

Fucking 2020.

#11 3 years ago

Ah shit, 2020 continues to suck out loud! What a bummer. RIP and prayers for his family!

#12 3 years ago

Just awful. My condolences to his family and friends.

#13 3 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear that, I met him in person when Munsters came out. Very sad day.

#14 3 years ago

One of the only people to actually like me around here. Rest in peace, buddy...I'm sorry I never got to meet you in person.

#15 3 years ago

What? There's no way. RIP, pinside will not be the same without you.

#16 3 years ago

Wow, just wow.
Sad to hear this but thanks for getting the word out.

#17 3 years ago

He was a fun guy to argue with about football.

Rest in peace WhoDey.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Omg. I just talked to him on the phone Sunday. Tell me this is a bad joke man. He was going to retire in two months. Tell me this is a joke.

I wish it were not real. I was called by his other half. She said there should be obituary soon. Yes, it's very sad. He liked, munsters a lot, was close to retirng, and going to buy elvira when he retired.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He was constantly talking aboot that shift being the 'death of him ' like we all do just shitting around.

He worked swing shift. It’s not a good thing for you. Sleep cycles.

He was the first person I got to know on pinside.
I started talking to him about Aerosmith pro when I was all excited about getting back into the hobby.
Started chatting by phone and became friends. We spoke every week almost since 2017.

Rip brother

Love ya man

#20 3 years ago

Whether I agreed with him or not, I always enjoyed his posts. RIP

#21 3 years ago

THIS should be in the news as he truly is/ was a fantastic bloke and he looked forward to retiring.
My heart has missed a beat and I hope it was quick and painless.
The world has had the privilege of having him amongst us
R.I.P.
Never a bad word spoken
Worlds apart but close in heart

#22 3 years ago

We had our agreements, disagreements, and Pinball Joy together.
Im shocked and hurting.

My condolences to his family.

#23 3 years ago

this is the sort of bloke he was

------------------
Who-Dey
Message #23 of 2515:55
Hey thanks for the heart buddy. You didnt have to pay me back but Ty. I just got 5 of my pinside friends a heart and you happened to be one of them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-give-a-heart-

oldskool1969
Message #24 of 2518:31
The world works better this way

Who-Dey
Message #25 of 2519:55
It does doesnt it? I wish people would figure that out someday.

#24 3 years ago

I just can’t..my best friend is gone.

#25 3 years ago

I’m in shock. I just texted with him recently. I just don’t understand what could have happened. He was just about to retire.

He was a good man. I would say we would text at least once a month to talk pinball.

There were tons of things we didn’t agree on, but that didn’t matter.

I met him first when I bought a firepower off him 4 or so years ago. We’ve been in regular contact since.

One of the nicest, most soft spoken people you’ll ever meet in person.

I know he wasn’t always like that here, but he is 100% that in real life.

His SO Debbie is a great person too. I’m just glad I gotten to spend time with them more than once.

We’ve lost a great person today.

#26 3 years ago

Sad news I chatted with him a few times he was a nice guy RIP.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I just can’t..my best friend is gone.

Was he sick? I just talked to him right before Halloween.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think so, we made plans to meet after his retirement, he said nothing about being sick, just retiring, that was 4 days ago.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I don’t think so, we made plans to meet after his retirement, he said nothing about being sick, just retiring, that was 4 days ago.

Yeah I talked to him on the 20th (just checked my texts with him).

This is so awful. I can’t believe it.

He was a fellow dog lover as well. We talked all the time about how we wanted to save all the stray dogs out there.

#30 3 years ago

Awful news. Sincere condolences to all of his buds here.

#31 3 years ago

Rip pinball brother.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t know man. I was just chatting with him a week ago about staying at his place when I came out to your show. This is a sad f@&$in day.

I was just talking to Multiballmaniac1 on the phone and he told me. Couldn’t believe it.

Whether you agreed with him or not, he was full of opinions but stern on his position. I always got along with him. Dude was funny as hell. What a shame.

55 is way too young. My heart goes out to Debbie and his family. I’ll definitely miss seeing him around here.

#33 3 years ago

RIP Who Dey. Very sad

#34 3 years ago

That sucks. I always enjoyed his posts and respected the fact he wasn't embarrassed to show he was a Bengals fan.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I talked to him on the 20th (just checked my texts with him).
This is so awful. I can’t believe it.
He was a fellow dog lover as well. We talked all the time about how we wanted to save all the stray dogs out there.

He called me Monday at 6pm I just looked we spoke for 12 minutes.

Debbie I don’t know if you are reading this but he was such a great friend. Take Care

#36 3 years ago

RIP Whodey

#37 3 years ago

We both started off on the wrong foot with each other, but then we found out we had an F-ton in common like growing up near each other in Ohio and became good Pinside buds... we didn’t see eye to eye on a LOT of things but we both respected each other’s opinions. He was always a positive force on here and will be missed by a F-ton of old ballers. RIP Terri.

#38 3 years ago

Sucks, it really does, may he rip. Condolences to the family fk 2020

#39 3 years ago

I met him on the Munsters thread. Cool dude.

We were on opposite sides of the same coin regarding Covid. Have a spat. And then agree. Spat Agree.

Major bummer.

#41 3 years ago

Wow, I'm stunned. I would pm Terry every now and then. I even called him once. He was a good guy. This sucks! I offer my sincere condolences to all of his family and friends. Ugh...

#42 3 years ago

Awe, Man....we shared the same Birthday.
F - 2020.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#43 3 years ago

I am shocked and saddened! He was one of the few guys I would reach out to for options on games and bubble hockey - always was informative and energetic. RIP and condolences to his SO.

#44 3 years ago

So sad to see this post. Didn't know him but enjoyed his posts. He was quite the Pinside personality. RIP and my thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

Brian

#45 3 years ago

I didn't agree with most of his takes in the Covid thread, which is sadly the thread I most often saw him in... BUT I appeciated that he defended his position with tact, and was at least willing to entertain reason and discourse in a productive and respectful manner. If more people could conduct themselves that way, we'd all be better off. So despite my personal views on the subject, he was a good dude overall.

Even past the Covid stuff, from what else I saw of him here I could tell he was a good guy at heart. I probably would have got along well with him.

Rest in peace Terry

#46 3 years ago

What a nice guy. We pm’d a lot and he was always real kind and helpful to me. I wish I had met him face to face. Rest in God’s Peace Who Dey!

#47 3 years ago

Damn, too young, too soon. 2020 sucks. Sad to hear about this.

#48 3 years ago

You are absolutely shitting me.

There is no way.

RIP to a great guy... we’ve lost so many incredible guys this year... what the fuck

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Awe, Man....we shared the same Birthday.
F - 2020.[quoted image]

This is definitely exactly what I thought he’d look like.

RIP bro!

#50 3 years ago

This is awful. I PM'ed him often. He was so close to retirement

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.