IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
#351 3 years ago

Even though it is very sad what happened to Terry, all these comments from his friends and people that knew him from Pinside are heart warming.
If only he knew what impact he has on a lot of people on this website.

Maybe it would be a nice idea to save all these comments and present them to Debbie?
Like a little book or some sort.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Even though it is very sad what happened to Terry, all these comments from his friends and people that knew him from Pinside are heart warming.
If only he knew what impact he has on a lot of people on this website.
Maybe it would be a nice idea to save all these comments and present them to Debbie?
Like a little book or some sort.

That's a great idea!

I was going to write on his Obituary page, and give this link. Definitely a nice idea to collect them in printed form.

I also wonder what will happen to his games. If they wish to keep them all, or try and raise some funds via selling them here. So fucked up that he worked so hard, for so many years, to finally have time to play them freely....

It was always so nice to get texts from him in the middle of the night, enjoying his games. I'll always miss that. Reminded me how much I need to do that myself, and I always took joy in seeing him so prideful.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I told that sob to not waste money on it, how it just wasn't worth it.
Man, he bought it anyway, and felt such joy in owning it. That's what I truly enjoyed about him so much, his spirit to be himself, no matter how others tried to guide him.
As much as Munster's was underwhelming to me and many, to him it was the most valuable game in the world. And now for me, his beloved Premium Munsters is exactly that, the one game in existence that holds more value than any other. For me, it's the rarest, most treasured game in the world....

I might have to get a burgetime 1up in his honor. He kept texting me pics of it lol.

#354 3 years ago

Same Here.

#355 3 years ago

I always liked Terry, always upvoted him. Felt he was a kindred Spirit.
I believe in an Afterlife, as promised by Christ. Death is not an end, but a new beginning.
He is in Paradise. Part of the Cloud of Witnesses, everyone that has passed on before.
No worries, except for those of us left here mourning his passing.

#356 3 years ago

I never met or talked to him but know the name and avatar. My condolences.

#357 3 years ago

I was

Quoted from phil-lee:

I always liked Terry, always upvoted him. Felt he was a kindred Spirit.
I believe in an Afterlife, as promised by Christ. Death is not an end, but a new beginning.
He is in Paradise. Part of the Cloud of Witnesses, everyone that has passed on before.
No worries, except for those of us left here mourning his passing.

You can certainly piss some people off. I think Terry was truly a master though.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I was

You can certainly piss some people off. I think Terry was truly a master though.

I’d rather be pissed off, than pissed on.

#359 3 years ago

ya..it's a reminder to not sweat the petty things..but rather pet the sweaty things. he chose to make everything so personal and let it affect him. wish he could of just relaxed a bit more on here and enjoyed it a bit more. Sad to see him get so worked up about the lil things that it affected his health. condolences to his family and friends

#360 3 years ago

NO, where have I been. why haven't I seen this. He was a great guy.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

One of the only people to actually like me around here. Rest in peace, buddy...I'm sorry I never got to meet you in person.

Im with you. I liked him a lot as well. We had a lot of the same views that got us both modded, a lot.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ya..it's a reminder to not sweat the petty things..but rather pet the sweaty things. he chose to make everything so personal and let it affect him. wish he could of just relaxed a bit more on here and enjoyed it a bit more. Sad to see him get so worked up about the lil things that it affected his health. condolences to his family and friends

Yeah...he would get really upset if he got a lot of downvotes. He got 31 on that not bad of a post. I posted something way worse and only got 6 or 7. I told it was ok one up vote from me cancelled 10 of them out. He agreed and then started complaining about them again. That’s how he rolled!

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I’ll probably drop dead too if what they’re predicting comes true...

Get ready because it will happen. We are done.

I will miss Who-Dey a lot. I wish I could have met him personally>

#364 3 years ago

His fantastic enthousiasm once made me buy a 1 up arcade , burgertime was not available here so i bought a space invaders.
And now it has extra special meaning.

Damn this year sucks!

Makes you realize that WE pinsiders bunch of weirdos and caracters are lucky to have each other and this great hobby.
The losses suck, but the memorys and shared passion will echo forever.

Flip on friends flip on!

#365 3 years ago

I spoke to Debbie two days after he passed, I had been texting him 3 days prior and didn't get a response which was strange as he always got right back to me.

He and I were buddies even though we never met face to face. I will miss my dear friend Terry. RIP!

#366 3 years ago

Does anyone know what kilt him?

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Does anyone know what kilt him?

Someone said earlier in the thread he had a heart attack at work

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Someone said earlier in the thread he had a heart attack at work

FUCK you Terry's work!

#369 3 years ago

Yes he was good at stirring the pot. I got into it with him a few times. Honestly love a person who speaks their mind there is nothing wrong with that. Clearly he had a passion for pinball and it rang thru!!! Very sorry to hear about this big time! 2020 is just the worst year in my lifetime and it doesn't seem like its getting any better. RIP my friend and maybe one day the Bengals will win it all for you!

#370 3 years ago

I always enjoyed reading his posts. Although I didn’t always agree with him on football, pinball, or politics, I always respected and enjoyed reading his point of view. He put it all out there, no hidden agendas, no political correctness. I’ll truly miss reading his posts.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I’d rather be pissed off, then pissed on.

You probably mean "than". Otherwise, um, you'd be mad right before you were urinated on. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

And since I am here, between Koz and Who-Dey I have been moping around for days.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah...he would get really upset if he got a lot of downvotes. He got 31 on that not bad of a post. I posted something way worse and only got 6 or 7. I told it was ok one up vote from me cancelled 10 of them out. He agreed and then started complaining about them again. That’s how he rolled!

I upvoted him a lot......partially because I leaned his way at times.........but more importantly because he stood up to so much opposition. It's easy to pile onto a popular vote that gets 50 upvotes........takes a lot more courage and some huge nads to stand firm on your convictions even though you know you are going to get hammered with downvotes. Really admired that about him.

#373 3 years ago

I should have done this a while ago, but thought it might not be too late. I am literally 10-15 minutes from their house so I'll offer to take up a collection for Debbie. If you don't feel comfortable that is fine, but those that want to chip in a dollar, $10, $100 - whatever. I will make sure it all goes to Debbie. My rep should stand for itself here. Been around for 15+ years since the RGP days.

If you wish to help out, just shoot me a pm.

Scott Weir

Terry OH (resized).jpgTerry OH (resized).jpg
#374 3 years ago

Can everyone take that pic of him and use it as an avatar for a week in honer of him. I liked him and I will miss him here a lot.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can everyone take that pic of him and use it as an avatar for a week in honer of him. I liked him and I will miss him here a lot.

Done! I loved the man and was looking forward to meeting him in person. Miss you buddy

#376 3 years ago

I am in complete shock.

Zeta caused me to lose internet for the last nearly 2 weeks and I am catching up now.

It was weird, I kept seeing the Tiger, and thinking Who-Dey!, (because I loved reading his comments), and wait, what, why does this member have Who-Deys avatar?

Pinside is a awesome community!

I just can not believe Terry is gone.

The last few days when I had no power, and no internet, I was thinking about him, and he was retiring soon, and getting a Elvira, and after I had posted about loving the Big Buck Hunter arcade, he had asked me if I thought BBH would be better, and I told him it is great for some variety.

Man he PM'ed forever trying to get me to buy a Hockey game. He loved that game.

He also was thinking about getting a multicade and asked me how I liked mine and how the graphics were and I told him to make a road trip and try my games for yourself.

I was fully expecting Terry to eventually be asking for my address, to come hang out and try some games that he was interested in.

Well, I was happy to get internet back, and get back on Pinside, and now that happiness is gone, and I feel like I did when power and internet was out for days.

Rest In Peace Terry. You WILL be missed.

I really thought that we were going to meet in person soon.

And just a thought, but it would be cool if Pinside could do a Hall Of Fame or something to honor awesome members like Who-Dey was, make it fun and entertaining, with stats not normally available, like how many times a member was moderated. And also have some of their best quotes like I will not watch any more NFL. Then 5 minutes later, yeah, Burrows needs some protection before he gets killed.

Terry was a awesome man! I will never forget him. I really hope Robin can think of a way to make something new to forever honor awesome members like Who-Dey was.

I wish all of you the best!
Johnny

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I should have done this a while ago, but thought it might not be too late. I am literally 10-15 minutes from their house so I'll offer to take up a collection for Debbie. If you don't feel comfortable that is fine, but those that want to chip in a dollar, $10, $100 - whatever. I will make sure it all goes to Debbie. My rep should stand for itself here. Been around for 15+ years since the RGP days.
Scott Weir[quoted image]

I can vouch for Scott. I met him at pincinnati last year hanging out with Terry. Scott would come over and fix any issue Terry would be having with his machines. Scott would not even try to charge him anything sometimes. Scott is a great guy.

#378 3 years ago

RIP Who-Dey - may all your shots hit the jackpot.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:You probably mean "than". Otherwise, um, well you'd be mad right before you were urinated on. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
And since I am here, between Koz and Who-Dey I have been moping around for days.

Thanks for that clarification. You’re right I would have just been mad while I was getting pissed on. Not cool. Lol

#380 3 years ago

Very sad to hear this news, three people I know have died in the last week or so without warning and it just reminds us all how important living life is. Who-Day was a welcoming guy who just wanted to talk pinball and I appreciated him in the community hugely. Godspeed Terry Ad astra per aspera.

#381 3 years ago

It was really nice to hear on a podcast today Kaneda giving Terry a shout out and Zach on the Pinball network giving a few seconds of silence to honour Terry , brought more than a tear to my eye .

#382 3 years ago

i have been away from Pinside for a bit and returned to the sad news of Terry's passing. I have met Terry several times on pinball nights and got the chance to go to his house last year. Terry was a great host, showed me how to play the Munsters and Aerosmith pins. Joked about football and our hatred for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Cool dude,he will be missed.

#383 3 years ago

Look what I found!! Terry sent a PM on Christmas last year asking me about bubble hockey ownership after seeing my posts in the Super Chexx thread....that guy thoroughly enjoyed the Pinside community. And we enjoyed him, too!!!

C11C0F3B-82D3-485C-AAD1-0B441222FB15 (resized).jpegC11C0F3B-82D3-485C-AAD1-0B441222FB15 (resized).jpeg
#384 3 years ago

Just jumped back into a Munsters thread (that had been dormant for a while) because of a new comment. Second to last comment was WhoDey’s mascot but in the split second before I read the user name, I assumed it was one of the tribute avatars. Then I read the user name. Must have been one of his last comments on Pinside..and flying the Munsters flag as expected.

864EE675-CBA1-4562-8E8C-5943CC1BCF00 (resized).png864EE675-CBA1-4562-8E8C-5943CC1BCF00 (resized).png

#385 3 years ago

Would anyone be kind enough to upload bon Jovi - make a.memory song. I would like to dedicate it to everyone , especially Gunnut., Mourning the loss of our friend.
Thank you.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Scott Weir[quoted image]

Hope the response to your request has been positive! Bump for a good cause !

#387 3 years ago

Sad news only spoke to him a few times on this thread mostly about Munster's he loved his i hated mine hahaha. Seemed a good soul. His next Journey has already started. Speaks volumes about him with all the love on here.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Sad news only spoke to him a few times on this thread mostly about Munster's he loved his i hated mine hahaha. Seemed a good soul. His next Journey has already started. Speaks volumes about him with all the love on here.

He was such a good friend to many. I still am shocked. The good thing I can say is I made some new contacts/friends due to him passing. I know that’s what he would have wanted.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Would anyone be kind enough to upload bon Jovi - make a.memory song. I would like to dedicate it to everyone , especially Gunnut., Mourning the loss of our friend.
Thank you.

I hadn't heard this song before but it's a very nice gesture

#390 3 years ago

When I think of what has happened , this song comes to mind , not all the lyrics but just the general gist of it .
I didn't know Terry as much , as many of you guys here .
It's amazing , someone I never saw or spoke to in person , could leave such a hole in my heart .
I think it's because we had a lot in common , he would always ask how I was and what I was up to and ask alot of questions .
I really miss him .

#392 3 years ago

#394 3 years ago

I was waiting for this. Awesome

#395 3 years ago

Well this really sucks .. Terry bro... I know how much you were looking forward to the PS5 coming out .
Well mate mine has arrived and I am going to miss not talking to about it on your thread .

R.I.P Mate.. you are really missed here.

20201112_091448 (resized).jpg20201112_091448 (resized).jpg20201112_091829 (resized).jpg20201112_091829 (resized).jpg
#396 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I hadn't heard this song before but it's a very nice gesture

Thanks for doing that screamer...much appreciated.
Cheers mate

#397 3 years ago

Let the names of the passed light up our pins...

#398 3 years ago

Terry loved the Munsters.

74C2135D-260D-4BB1-B436-AA845CEA57D2 (resized).png74C2135D-260D-4BB1-B436-AA845CEA57D2 (resized).png
#399 3 years ago

That is coooool.

#400 3 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that between my stream last week and the generosity of others, we will have $125 to donate to a local charity in Terry's name! Once I know what we are donating to, I will update the group. thanks so much to everyone that sent donations!!

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/8?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.