IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about his passing. Seemed like a great guy. RIP.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I work with a hardcore Bengals fan, and yesterday he put on a Bengals cap when he left that said "Who Dey" on the side. It gave me a smile because it reminded me of Terry.

I got a pic of it today!!

20201106_151827 (resized).jpg20201106_151827 (resized).jpg
#303 3 years ago

Sad news. RIP.

#304 3 years ago

very sad news.

My prayers for you Who-Dey

#305 3 years ago

Although this is probably the saddest thread EVER on Pinside ( no disrespect to others passing )

I have NEVER seen so many thumbs up and positivity before

May this be the turning point for making a small positive difference everyday to someone and making it a better world in memory of our old mate!

a6f2be8dc61d012e32557202bd7a2185 (resized).jpga6f2be8dc61d012e32557202bd7a2185 (resized).jpg
#306 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Although this is probably the saddest thread EVER on Pinside ( no disrespect to others passing )
May this be the turning point for making a small positive difference everyday to someone and making it a better world in memory of our old mate!

Agreed!

#308 3 years ago

Will miss Terry dearly! We had some great times just talking about all sorts of random stuff! Anyone who knows Terry knows he can talk with the best of them. He came over right after I bought my JP and put up a Grand Champion on it! I’m speechless absolutely speechless

#309 3 years ago

Anybody else find themselves telling friends and co-workers about who-dey? Think I’ve discussed his passing with at least 5 people today. Says a lot bout the man and maybe even more about the pinside community itself. It’s rare when pinside actually goes outside into the real world. But damn who-dey did it...he somehow found a way to go to work with me today.

#310 3 years ago

Herman is sad to.

c6af3d60bafa1adce0f78d9f6e436f3e (resized).jpgc6af3d60bafa1adce0f78d9f6e436f3e (resized).jpg
#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Anybody else find themselves telling friends and co-workers about who-dey? Think I’ve discussed his passing with at least 5 people today. Says a lot bout the man and maybe even more about the pinside community itself. It’s rare when pinside actually goes outside into the real world. But damn who-dey did it...he somehow found a way to go to work with me today.

Yes, this is true. It has made an impact. Also seeing this normally somewhat negative community moarning the death of a fellow enthousiast is very heart warming. As I said previously, I did not know Terry, but even without knowing him he made an impact and will keep on making an impact in my life. Seeing all the nice comments in here I am sure he will not be forgotten.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I am sure he will not be forgotten.

November 2nd aka who-DAY : )

#313 3 years ago

What would he say about all of this attention?

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What would he say about all of this attention?

He would have a hard time excepting it. He was a very humble man. His passion for the things he believed in will echo in all of us.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I got a pic of it today!![quoted image]

I didn't realize that's were Terry's username came from. I just googled it and it makes perfect sense now. I liked it, but didn't know the origin.

#316 3 years ago

R.I.P. who-dey
we always fought in the forums, but we private messaged each other about our shared love of pinball

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I’ve told many people too. What an impact.

#318 3 years ago

Dedicated my stream tonight to Terry. He loved GOT as well and I matched all the bits donated so we can send a donation to his favorite animal organization. I’ll get with Gunnut40 and Debbie to figure it out. If anyone wants to throw in let me know.

Thanks!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/794294651

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dedicated my stream tonight to Terry. He loved GOT as well and I matched all the bits donated so we can send a donation to his favorite animal organization. I’ll get with Gunnut40 and Debbie to figure it out. If anyone wants to throw in let me know.
Thanks!

I was just on the phone with Gunnut40 for an hour. Cool dude. And he owns the infamous GOT pro. I was shocked when he actually sold it and let it go. He always tried getting me to get one. He liked the rules.

#320 3 years ago

Yeah I think I would always make his head spin nerding out on all these rules haha. But he would always listen and we would always trade scores and smack talk. Especially early on.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

May this be the turning point for making a small positive difference everyday to someone and making it a better world in memory of our old mate![quoted image]

There has been a great outpouring of respect and appreciation in this and the KOZ-MIPINBALL memorial thread, and I imagine that some of us wish we could go back in time and express these things while Terry and Koz were still with us. So I started a thread to show appreciation for Pinsiders in the present. Feel free to join in:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinside-apprecation-thread

#322 3 years ago

You are in our prayers and my God shine is light on your soul.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks!

Great job on the video

#324 3 years ago

I may be a pinball geek ... but fact of the matter is I get to know some of the most genuine , helpful people on this planet.

Terry if your listing.... cant wait to here for you agin my friend.. you truly will be missed.

#325 3 years ago

I didn’t break down and cry. Terry would of been proud of me. It was a wonderful service. They ask me to be a pallbearer. What a honor! Debbie invited me to come over with her family. We talked about Terry mostly. I played a few games on ghostbusters with her grandson. It was sad day. Being around all of Terry’s family and how nice everyone was gave me a lot peace.

43FC1330-CC0C-44F9-8D72-884234839114 (resized).jpeg43FC1330-CC0C-44F9-8D72-884234839114 (resized).jpeg
#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I didn’t break down and cry. Terry would of been proud of me. It was a wonderful service. They ask me to be a pallbearer. What a honor! Debbie invited me to come over with her family. We talked about Terry mostly. I played a few games on ghostbusters with her grandson. It was sad day. Being around all of Terry’s family and how nice everyone was gave me a lot peace.
[quoted image]

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend. While I never knew him personally, I knew him through posts here. He seemed very genuine, with a love for the hobby and a true respect for others.

I always think of this song when someone passes. I hope this is okay to post. It helped me when my mom passed.

I don't know you either Gunnut40, but if there is anything I can do for you, or if you just need to talk to someone, reach out and I'd be happy to help however I can.

Chris

#327 3 years ago

Thank you. That’s very kind of you Chris. I love Disturbed! I have seen them in concert twice. They put on a great show!

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks!

Sorry I missed it. I’ll watch it later.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I was just on the phone with Gunnut40 for an hour. Cool dude. And he owns the infamous GOT pro. I was shocked when he actually sold it and let it go. He always tried getting me to get one. He liked the rules.

Thanks for talking to me. I was so sleepy. Like a idiot...I had phone on mute so the gps couldn’t talk to me. I added about 2 hours on my way home. I knew I was in trouble when I ended up in Lexington instead Louisville. Oh well. I made it to funeral and home safe in sound.

#330 3 years ago

Wow, I was really shocked to read about his passing. We certainly didn't see eye to eye on most things, but he was never a hypocrite. And 55 is way, way too young, especially so close to retirement. Heartbreaking. My heart goes out to his family and to all of you sharing your love of him here.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Thanks for talking to me. I was so sleepy. Like a idiot...I had phone on mute so the gps couldn’t talk to me. I added about 2 hours on my way home. I knew I was in trouble when I ended up in Lexington instead Louisville. Oh well. I made it to funeral and home safe in sound.

Glad you were able to go. Thanks again to all pinside for your overwhelming support!

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

some of you on here may have talked to "Who Dey", Terry Ritchie. He had an avatar of a tiger with a bengals shirts on. He was good at stirring up things in the forums. Unfortunately, I found out this evening he passed away 2 days ago. He lived in Ohio. His girlfriend was ok with this post so friends on here knew of his passing.

Jesus Christ. This is heartbreaking....

I talked to Terry most days, and he was always an earnest, genuine, non bullshitting sweet heart of a guy.

I've been texting him the past couple of days, wondering if he was okay, since not hearing from him since late Saturday night.

I finally logged onto here, to check his profile, to see this news...

Really, really heart breaking. One of the few people I've met on here, and in the last few years of my life anywhere, that I genuinely grew to respect and value the friendship of.

So fucking sorry to hear this. He was such a decent guy, and really passionate about his games, his critters, and most of all his gal Debbie.

Literally months from retirement, this is so genuinely heart breaking to hear.

Fuck Terry, really sorry to hear this, and I hope you're in a better place, feeling less pain, and at peace.

I'll definitely miss you friend. Never had that beer and played pinball together, and man that's so fucking heart breaking that we never will.

God speed and God bless. You will be missed....you already are.

#333 3 years ago

Here too.

I really don't think there was more influential person in my life that I have not met in person. Terry loved pinball .... period. We talked for hours when I was at work " driving job " about games , parts and the next great hit.

He was never a downer, never knocked pinsiders or posted inflammatory posts. Some may have disliked his honesty, only in death do I realize his views were valid.

At 53 years old and seeing my friends pass it makes me think of what we have and do at this moment.

People play roles in many different lives For me he was a concierge of time......... Man will I miss him

God Speed Terry,
Your friend Allen H Saby - Hoby1

#334 3 years ago

Sorry to hear of his passing.

WhoDey was always a good sport - I used to give him a ribbing about his Stern fanboy-ism and he always laughed along with it. We both enjoyed Aerosmith a great deal.

Just a few weeks ago a local NZ pin buddy died, he was only in his 40s. Just had a heart aneurism and died. And another mainstay of the hobby is battling bad cancer.

A good reminder to us all to live life while we can, as it can all end way too quickly ...

rd

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sorry to hear of his passing.
WhoDey was always a good sport - I used to give him a ribbing about his Stern fanboy-ism and he always laughed along with it. We both enjoyed Aerosmith a great deal.
Recently a local pin buddy died, he was only in his 40s. Just had a heart aneurism and died.
A good reminder to us all to live life while we can, as it can all end way too quickly ...
rd

The next time you bust out Odin’s screen door. You better yell out whodey!

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

The next time you bust out Odin’s screen door. You better yell out whodey!

I’ll be sure to do that.

Luckily Odin is very good at door repairs.

rd

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ll be sure to do that.
Luckily Odin is very good at door repairs.
rd

Maybe Odin can repair that huge hole in my heart?

#338 3 years ago

Terry had a wicked sense of humour and would post some really funny shit .
Some of my favourites .

IMG_20201108_231655 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231655 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231722 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231722 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231903 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231903 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231940 (resized).jpgIMG_20201108_231940 (resized).jpg
#339 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Terry had a wicked sense of humour and would post some really funny shit .
Some of my favourites .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He texted me many pictures that made me do a double take from afar...

8D94EABD-215D-4D62-A5EE-B656D3BD133D (resized).jpeg8D94EABD-215D-4D62-A5EE-B656D3BD133D (resized).jpeg
#340 3 years ago

RIP!

#341 3 years ago

He also had bought this arcade 1up and loved Burgertime.

BE66D106-432F-411A-99D8-543D9FAC244C (resized).jpegBE66D106-432F-411A-99D8-543D9FAC244C (resized).jpeg
#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

He also had bought this arcade 1up and loved Burgertime.
[quoted image]

I told that sob to not waste money on it, how it just wasn't worth it.

Man, he bought it anyway, and felt such joy in owning it. That's what I truly enjoyed about him so much, his spirit to be himself, no matter how others tried to guide him.

As much as Munster's was underwhelming to me and many, to him it was the most valuable game in the world. And now for me, his beloved Premium Munsters is exactly that, the one game in existence that holds more value than any other. For me, it's the rarest, most treasured game in the world....

#343 3 years ago

I didn't know him but read some of his posts. Very sad to hear this news, my condolences to his family and friends.

Kevin D.

#344 3 years ago

Still can’t believe he’s gone. Every day I keep logging in and waiting to see him chiming in, or some crazy response to one of my posts. This truly sucks.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Every day I keep logging in and waiting to see him chiming in, or some crazy response to one of my posts. This truly sucks.

Is a really nice tribute to see people using his Avatar but everytime I see , it for a split second I think he's posted something , then reality sinks in

#346 3 years ago

I'm a really introverted guy, and I have some nice stories I'd like to share here and there about Terry. I don't do it to express who I am, but to share the aspects and parts of Terry that we all seemed to have access to, and are certainly grateful for.

When I joined the site a couple of years back, he was definitely amongst the big personalities on here. His hype for Munsters was legendary, and his ability to stoke fires, and even more so, build bridges, obvious to anyone that gave him a chance to relate personally.

I read his posts and bantered back and forth a bit on the board, and then he messaged me directly. We talked even more, then became PSN friends, and then text buddies almost daily.

Something that Terry was often concerned with, was how he was viewed by others. He'd tell me how people might think he was a dick, and how he really wasn't. Over time, I saw that transformation on a personal level, as initially I was intimidated a bit by him on threads, as he felt so distinctly unlike who I feel I am, and who I thought him to initially be. From the time we spent relating, I ended up discovering he was more a person I...hoped...to be on a daily basis. Kind, welcoming, and earnest.

To the people who just knew him here, or briefly read his posts, I'm sure he'd have enjoyed getting to know you as much as I experienced first-hand. It's a reassuring and admirable thing, to see so many speak so highly, and echo similar bonds with him. That makes me happy, to know the influence he had not just on this board, but in the world, and in many people's daily lives, across so many different walks of life.

I am fortunate for meeting him, and knowing him well, if even just for under 2 years. But most of all, I'm saddened for the loss that others will feel in their lives, for how Debbie must feel, and will feel in the coming days and years, and most of all for Terry, who was so damned close to getting the time off to enjoy life, play pinball and his upcoming PS5, and most of all spend time with those he enjoyed and loved dearly.

Screenshot_20201108-150258_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201108-150258_Chrome (resized).jpg
#347 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is a really nice tribute to see people using his Avatar but everytime I see , it for a split second I think he's posted something , then reality sinks in

Me too

#348 3 years ago

A tiny memorial from my favorite Jetty today for you Who-Dey!
R.I.P. my fellow Munster...
19370340-D875-434F-9D74-949D50DE2C81 (resized).jpeg19370340-D875-434F-9D74-949D50DE2C81 (resized).jpeg

#349 3 years ago

It's interesting getting to see a side of Who-Dey distinct from his public Pinside persona, with so many sharing the friendships and connections they sparked over PM (and in some cases in person as well). A good reminder that everyone has more facets to them than you might at first expect.

#350 3 years ago

That fucking sucks.

To work so hard and to be so close to retirement, but not be able to enjoy it.

As men, we sure get our butts kicked by heart disease.

5 Things You Can Do for Your Heart Today

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/7?hl=a-1bogart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.