IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#252 3 years ago

I didn't know Terry, personally, but I've certainly had some discussions with him on here. Seemed like a good guy, my condolences to his family and friends.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Man, i am in shock. Never met him but enjoyed his posts. Lots of times id look up who thumbup’d me and it’d be him. Not far off in age from me. F2020
Im not worthy of his avatar but ill change mine for a bit in his memory.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I didn't know him personally, but sure enjoyed his banter on Pinside. Condolences to his friends, family and everyone that knew him via pinball.
To keep his memory going for the rest of the month, I'm adopting his avatar through the 30th. If anyone else wants to, I'll post his avatar below.[quoted image]

Count me in. He was a good guy.....still is !

#255 3 years ago

Who-Dey
RIP

#256 3 years ago

A friend of mine just dropped dead of a brain aneurysm on Halloween night. Just dropped his five year old son off to his mother and was dead within an hour or two. Thank god his son wasn’t with him. Only 45 years old. Life is really fragile. Both of these guys looked relatively healthy. Makes you think and hopefully not take for granted every breath you take.

#257 3 years ago

This makes me sad. RIP Who-Dey. Such a nice guy

#258 3 years ago

He was one guy, or Bengal you had to stop and make sure to read his post, they were always entertaining!
Rest in peace Who-Dey you will be missed !

#259 3 years ago
425C844A-B9DA-4479-A4B2-766DC9B909D6 (resized).jpeg425C844A-B9DA-4479-A4B2-766DC9B909D6 (resized).jpeg
#260 3 years ago

RIP brotha.

#261 3 years ago

He helped me out with deciding on Munsters. Found him to be a very decent guy with no bullshit. And he was willing and enthusiastic to help out a complete stranger like me. Didn’t know him other than our few pms but I will certainly miss him on pinside. Condolences to his family and girlfriend. Sad news indeed.

#262 3 years ago

I didn't know Terrie either, but he was the OP of the Playstation thread and was really looking forward to his PS5 preorder coming in. So sad that he worked so hard for these goals, but wasn't able to reap the benefits. RIP man.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Count me in. He was a good guy.....still is !

Count me in.

#264 3 years ago

Count me in.

#265 3 years ago

He was one of them who made me thinking of keeping my AS.

After several weeks of playing AS i am glad to listen to him.

I should mod my AS with a little Tiger.

R.I.P.

1 (resized).PNG1 (resized).PNG
#266 3 years ago

Extremely sad and terrible news. My thoughts & prayers are with his entire family and friends. I still can not believe this. RIP
Dan

#267 3 years ago

This post makes me sad , not fair for a person who worked his whole life , months away from retirement to be dealt this card , my condolences to his family and friends .
Treasure every day , you’ll never know when your time is up .

#268 3 years ago

I’m headed to Ohio in little bit. If anyone plans on going. I plan to hangout after for a couple of hours. I’m drinking a couple of beers with my buddy. I miss him so much.

#269 3 years ago

Sincerest condolences to his close friends and family
I also communed with him a number of times on here and only recently a number of days ago.
Glad last outing, we were on the same wavelength.
Damn.......retirement.....what a shame.

#270 3 years ago

Who Dey was the ying to most everybody else dying. Fuck you and your politics.

#271 3 years ago

Who Dey!! ... Rest In Peace mate!

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who Dey was the ying to most everybody else dying. Fuck you and your politics.

He loved you on here bro. We talked about maybe flying out to see you. Heading out. Ohio watch out here I come!

#273 3 years ago

I am still taken by this and could not sleep...... FK work, taking a PTO day in his honor. I miss my friend.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I am still taken by this and could not sleep...... FK work, taking a PTO day in his honor. I miss my friend.

I took a half a day yesterday. My eyes were so bloodshot from me wiping me eyes yesterday. I broke down on the phone with my boss and just hung up. I had to call him back when I got my shit together. Me and the wife went for a walk in the afternoon and all I could keep saying is Damn.

#275 3 years ago

=(

#276 3 years ago

My thoughts also go out to his Pride & Joy , Jake .
I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for him .

IMG_20201105_225106 (resized).jpgIMG_20201105_225106 (resized).jpg
#277 3 years ago

He loved basset hounds thats for sure. I remember Terry being worried he was going to hurt himself because of how hyper he was haha. Said he’d never seen a Bassett that was that full of energy.

#278 3 years ago

We shared some Bassett Chats, as I have two. Ill miss that.

But one thing to share guys, make retirement a goal sooner.......Its so important to health, as we age.

#279 3 years ago

Maybe we can honor and remember Terry best by imitating the characteristic we liked most about him. I never met him face to face but when we pm’d he treated me with kindness and respect. He made me feel like I was “ the only one in the room”.
My daughter just came downstairs and said “Good morning dad!” Instead of casually looking up from my phone, I stood up, looked her in the eye, hugged her and told her I loved her more than anything else in the world. That’s what Terry would have done. That’s how I can honor him today.

#280 3 years ago

Terry was a great man, loved the Munsters thread with him! My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with everyone in this difficult time.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We shared some Bassett Chats, as I have two. Ill miss that.
But one thing to share guys, make retirement a goal sooner.......Its so important to health, as we age.

I retired about 2 years ago at 48 and work a part time job now to keep my wife sane I have always felt that time with my wife and kids is more important than becoming a zillionaire, but Who-Dey inspired me yesterday. We got an estimate for interior painting of our house and didn't realize how expensive it would be. I started the usual defense with my wife... Maybe next year... Maybe I can do it myself. I saw the look in her eyes as she agreed with me reluctantly, and then I thought of the things Terry might have done if he knew how short our time is and I said ", You know what, we are doing it, you only live once." House is getting painted next week. You have to enjoy life while you can.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I retired about 2 years ago at 48 and work a part time job now to keep my wife sane I have always felt that time with my wife and kids is more important than becoming a zillionaire, but Who-Dey inspired me yesterday. We got an estimate for interior painting of our house and didn't realize how expensive it would be. I started the usual defense with my wife... Maybe next year... Maybe I can do it myself. I saw the look in her eyes as she agreed with me reluctantly, and then I thought of the things Terry might have done if he knew how short our time is and I said ", You know what, we are doing it, you only live once." House is getting painted next week. You have to enjoy life while you can.

I am definitely changing things here due to his passing. He’s awakened our thoughts on what is life about and what is important.

#283 3 years ago

My condolences to everyone that knew him and to his family and loved ones.

It's clear he was loved and adored by everyone, meaning he led the best life and left behind the best gift, his friendship and love of pinball. RIP dude...

#284 3 years ago

Read the last paragraph of this post from 47 days ago and tell me it doesn't put a lump in your throat...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/7#post-5860581

#285 3 years ago

Between him and KOZ ..... its a tough week and it reminds me how not to take life for granted. Every days a gift.

#286 3 years ago

It really sucks to hear about this. Way, way too young.

Pinside'll miss you.

RIP Terry

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Read the last paragraph of this post from 47 days ago and tell me it doesn't put a lump in your throat...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-playstation-thread/page/7#post-5860581

He got me to buy Gta5 last winter on sale. I just started playing it last mont and we were going back and forth about it just last week or so. Me and him both got each other to buy stuff. I was his primary influence on him getting a Super Chexx. Wish I could have played a game of bubble hockey with him. We constantly said we wished we lived closer. I definitely would have hung out a lot.

#288 3 years ago

Would love to see a copy of this thread placed in each one of his pins. Only read his comments and loved his support of Munsters, he will be missed.

Rest in Peace Terry.

#289 3 years ago

I work with a hardcore Bengals fan, and yesterday he put on a Bengals cap when he left that said "Who Dey" on the side. It gave me a smile because it reminded me of Terry.

#290 3 years ago

Here are a few of his high scores on a Getaway in his Uncle's game room.

IMG_1211 (resized).jpgIMG_1211 (resized).jpgIMG_1215 (resized).jpgIMG_1215 (resized).jpg
#291 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Here are a few of his high scores on a Getaway in his Uncle's game room.
[quoted image][quoted image]

He loved that game. He called me on his way home from his Uncles a few times after playing it there. I owned one once and he said he wouldn’t mind getting one sometime in the future. Hopefully nobody beats the scores!

#292 3 years ago

Yeah he wanted getaway to come out as a remake from CGC. Make it happen CGC!!

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah he wanted getaway to come out as a remake from CGC. Make it happen CGC!!

Oh yeah he started that thread and called me to get my opinion. Lol. Do it CGC. It is a fun game in my opinion. I always wondered when I owned mine if the neighbors could see the red spinning light from the topper.

#294 3 years ago

He was also a huge Ghostbusters fan. He loved that game along with IMDN

#295 3 years ago

I did not know this until now......What Who-Dey Meant......in Terrys honor

#296 3 years ago

RIP My friend.
You will be missed.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Oh yeah he started that thread and called me to get my opinion. Lol. Do it CGC. It is a fun game in my opinion. I always wondered when I owned mine if the neighbors could see the red spinning light from the topper.

Yeah we argued all day about it before we started the thread. I told he he wasn’t going to like the results. Haha.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

He was also a huge Ghostbusters fan.

We talked about that several times. I kept trying to buy/trade it from him.

#299 3 years ago

I’d like to dedicate this song to Terry. cheers, my brother!

#300 3 years ago

Wow, it’s amazing that Terry had so many close connections & friendships on Pinside.
It’s a nice homage to see his Bengals avatar all over this thread.
No doubt, he will be sorely missed.

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/6?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.