IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 3 years ago

Rest in peace Who-Dey may there be pinball in the afterlife!
Youll be missed man!

#202 3 years ago

Just saw this thread and totally shocked.

Never met the guy but he was a straight talker and a real regular here.

The fragility of life is truly scary.

We should never take the ordinary stuff for granted.

R.I.P

#203 3 years ago

damn, hate to hear this. was talking to him in may about buying his aerosmith. super friendly and a fair price. I came across a local one, so i passed. he will be missed. RIP

#204 3 years ago

Note to Stern: The next Munsters update has to be dedicated to Who Dey. He loved that game and loyally defended it, and you, from all detractors.

#205 3 years ago

What? this is crazy....I spoke on the phone several times with Terry when he was contemplating buying a Super Chexx....he really seemed like a great guy...if this is true RIP buddy

#206 3 years ago

Definitely one of the top 3 Ritchies in pinball

#207 3 years ago

Whoa, This is sad news indeed. Rest in peace, Who-Dey

#208 3 years ago

Such a tragedy. He was a "real" person and hell of a guy all around. Praying for comfort for his family.

#209 3 years ago

RIP, Terry. I appreciate that he always hung in there and defended his position. He was fun to have around the NFL thread, and it was clear he had a really good heart if you spent any time in the dog thread.

#210 3 years ago

Very sad to hear this news,he seemed like a very nice person. What a shame.

#211 3 years ago

Are any of his close friends willing to share some more info with the group? What happenef to Terry? He was so full of life and looking forward to retirement. 35 years of shift work in a paper factory is quite an achievement. Sudden unexpected death could mean anything. I am struggling with the news. Condolences to his family and friends.

#212 3 years ago

Man i loved that guy. He was a like minded kindred spirit and kind soul.

Hard to believe, like others here, i had regular conversations with him and it's just a shock. It's great to see he had so many other good friends on Pinside.

RIP brother.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are any of his close friends willing to share some more info with the group? What happenef to Terry? He was so full of life and looking forward to retirement. 35 years of shift work in a paper factory is quite an achievement. Sudden unexpected death could mean anything. I am struggling with the news. Condolences to his family and friends.

He had a heart attack at work. The 12 hour swing shift was killing him. He was working till January 4th to get a Elvira machine. He would get all his vacation time for that year. Terry loved a nice set of jugs!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

He had a heart attack at work. The 12 hour swing shift was killing him. He was working till January 4th to get a Elvira machine. He would get all his vacation time for that year. Terry loved a nice set of jugs!

I’m glad you let everyone know, I didn’t want to be the one, people in the Covid thread wondering if it was Corona, I’d imagine that would upset him.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that.

#216 3 years ago

I figured it was a heart attack, a good friend of mine passed six years ago of a heart attack while eating dinner, he was 51. Very sad news.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Wow thanks for sharing that information.....I know he was really looking forward to retirement

#218 3 years ago

Just played three game in memory of Terry. The Walking Dead, Metallica and Aerosmith.
That's just some of the forums we had conversations in. Going to miss that.

#219 3 years ago

Likewise the same - I'll play my Munsters and Elvira tonight for him.

Edit - just played a quick game on each :

I did get to House Party on Elvira when I played it ! That was good - and I played on newest updated code as I updated it last night. Didn't do as well though on Munsters tonight. Darn , darn, darn.

Time to watch the Packers - I'll think about Terry as I watch football.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow thanks for sharing that information.....I know he was really looking forward to retirement

Debbie his girlfriend called me. She said if anything happened to him he told her to tell all his pinball friends. He loved pinside.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He did! I was going to visit him. Bring him homemade cake. Momma can bake a badass cake! We where going to play dollar games. I would lost bad because of the beer. I wish I could just play one game with him.

#222 3 years ago

Very sad news. Thanks for sharing information , @gunnut40.

I mostly knew him through his his favourite thread here, dogs rule.

#223 3 years ago

Love reading the replies in this thread, the wife must be cutting onions though.

sigh

#224 3 years ago

Didn't know him, saw his posts sometimes. Wish I had known him, and while I don't own one, we definitely had a love of Munsters in common. RIP

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Debbie his girlfriend called me. She said if anything happened to him he told her to tell all his pinball friends. He loved pinside.

Wow he was such a cool guy. I'll really miss his supportive PM's and great banter on PinSide

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

He had a heart attack at work. The 12 hour swing shift was killing him. He was working till January 4th to get a Elvira machine.

Man, that's heartbreaking. In my talk with Terry, he told me he worked his ass off to build his pinball collection, and I believed him. I'm so bummed tonight. God bless you Terry.

#227 3 years ago

I was going to send this in his Christmas package. See buddy. I sent game of thrones back to you! Drinking Terry’s favorite beer also.

96911099-9673-4206-8586-22E88BF1C1DC (resized).jpeg96911099-9673-4206-8586-22E88BF1C1DC (resized).jpeg
#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Man, that's heartbreaking. In my talk with Terry, he told me he worked his ass off to build his pinball collection, and I believed him. I'm so bummed tonight. God bless you Terry.

yes, he was going to buy elvria. i know he had Metallica, munsters, walking dead and some other good ones. he had told me didn't care about travel. just happy with more pins

#229 3 years ago

Just got back from the funeral home. I made sure Debbie understood his connection here and all the support from around the world. I passed on this thread as well and his Uncle and brother have seen this thread and find it amazing to say the least. Thanks to the whole community for all your support.

Scott

#230 3 years ago

Wow this is terrible news, he was just about ready to retire in January. Sad news

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just got back from the funeral home. I made sure Debbie understood his connection here and all the support from around the world. I passed on this thread as well and his Uncle and brother have seen this thread and find it amazing to say the least. Thanks to the whole community for all your support.
Scott

Thanks Scott! I’ll see you tomorrow. You were always so good to Terry.

#232 3 years ago

He was moderated one last time...respect!

RIP Who Dey, enjoyed your posts more often than not.

d082d0f2ad553a2b7b61f562b911384ea6b3856a (resized).jpegd082d0f2ad553a2b7b61f562b911384ea6b3856a (resized).jpeg
#233 3 years ago

I didn't know him in person but I liked this pinsider very much. He was only one out of a handful here that I would consider friends.

I'm sad, and cant help but feel slightly angry too. He was such a good guy despite not being always politically correct or seeing eye to eye with everyone. I know life isn't fair, but wtf?... Best ones are all going out early this year.

Terry, rest in peace my man. You deserve a very plush afterlife, just wish I could have said goodbye.

Thanks Zaki for keeping us informed.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Thanks Scott! I’ll see you tomorrow. You were always so good to Terry.

tomorrow? Am I forgetting something?

#235 3 years ago

I also played a Game of Thrones in memoriam, for Terry. I believe he sold it to Gunnut40, his best friend I bet.

#236 3 years ago

Terry texted me pic once and said dude I broke my ankle! I quickly glanced at the pic. I was texting asking about the ankle and stuff. The more I texted the more he laughed. He said look at the pic again! Oh god missed the dick pic. I’m like dude! Don’t be sending me dick pics. He said ok I promise. Then he sent a turkey cut out with a pair of nuts hanging out. I laughed. Well played Terry.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

tomorrow? Am I forgetting something?

Oops I was thinking you were going tomorrow to.

#238 3 years ago

So sad to hear. We texted each other just last week. I will miss our chats and seeing him here.

#239 3 years ago

Dang. Hits home for sure. I did not know Terry and as far as I can remember have not had any discussions with him personally. What this just did though was make me remember losing my best friend and pin-buddy Drewblood419 a couple of years ago to cancer.

Makes you wake up to the brevity of life.

Just yesterday I was golfing with a buddy. I am 53 and he is 50. We were talking about how time is more valuable than money. Sadly, if one takes an objective look at my life, you would never think I believe that! One thing is for sure...I need to make some stinking changes. I bet a lot of us do...

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Oops I was thinking you were going tomorrow to.

Unfortunately, since I have parkinsons, I'm trying to limit my contact while this stupid pandemic is around. I'll be there in spirit...

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I also played a Game of Thrones in memoriam, for Terry. I believe he sold it to Gunnut40, his best friend I bet.

Yes he did. I considered him one of my closest friends. I would tell him my problems and he would give wise advice. He was always saying if do that.. Cassie is going to kick your ass!

#242 3 years ago

T i'll always remember you every time i play my Munsters, Aerosmith and Elvira, and just pinball in general.

And Super Chexx, forgot about that one!

I don't know Debbie but he always said how happy he was and looking forward to retirement with her.

He was my "moderated rebel buddy", although me much more so, and it was just so refreshing to see a guy of his character and work ethic.

It's a sober reminder to everybody, and T would say the same thing, live your life every day like there is no tomorrow and love your family and friends and value what really matters.

#243 3 years ago

A big hand for his big heart

D3E132B2-EE9D-4EF6-91A9-1818F3500474.gifD3E132B2-EE9D-4EF6-91A9-1818F3500474.gif
#244 3 years ago

This is really sad, he was so excited when he got his Super Chexx Pro last year. One of the first people to try out my cup holders. Super nice guy, this sucks.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Scott

Very cool. If I lived within an hour or two, I would’ve tried to drive out.

As arbitrary as it seems to be on a hobby forum, you do get to know members’ personalities, and share passion with others that have the same. I spend more time on here talking to people I don’t know personally than I do some of my actual friends that aren’t into pinball.

Hopefully it is some, even minor comfort to the family that he entertained people, was known very well and had the respect and kinship of many people in this hobby...located all over the world. Even if it was just fun to argue with him about one of his points of view.

Like others...I’ll definitely miss him from the NFL thread...

“Fuck the NFL and these disrespectful divas. I’m out of this thread...never watching another game.”

10 minutes later...he’s back. Haha.

#247 3 years ago

So sad to hear! RIP

#248 3 years ago

I didn't know him personally, but sure enjoyed his banter on Pinside. Condolences to his friends, family and everyone that knew him via pinball.

To keep his memory going for the rest of the month, I'm adopting his avatar through the 30th. If anyone else wants to, I'll post his avatar below.

bengals.jpgbengals.jpg
#249 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

To keep his memory going for the rest of the month, I'm adopting his avatar through the 30th.

A very nice gesture.

#250 3 years ago

Man, i am in shock. Never met him but enjoyed his posts. Lots of times id look up who thumbup’d me and it’d be him. Not far off in age from me. F2020

Im not worthy of his avatar but ill change mine for a bit in his memory.

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/5?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.