IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 3 years ago

So sorry to read this news. I exchanged many messages with him over the years and will miss seeing his posts. Condolences to his family.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I broke down on the phone with my boss this am. Can’t help it. Usually stronger.

It's the first time my wife has seen me cry in 17 years besides when one of our pets has passed .

#153 3 years ago

Always sad to lose one of "our own". Much love to his family and friends. Hope they have a heck of a gameroom in heaven (or whatever afterlife he believed in). RIP

#154 3 years ago

Wow life is short, so sorry to hear about him leaving us early. When Who-Dey first joined Pinside I thought he was kinda a noobie troll who was over ambitious with his opinions. Over time I began to respect him and appreciate his humor and post. I watched his thumbs down start to turn to thumbs ups. He walked the walk as he did not care what others thought. Many would diss Aerosmith and Munsters and he was always there to counter with his opinion(I called him the official cheerleader). He made a point to try and make people see his side and often times changed people's perception. I feel bad about judging him early on and I will try and make a point not to judge people based on how new they are or how enthusiastic they are. I got to really enjoy Who-Dey's post and he will definitely be missed around here. My prayers go out to his family-RIP Who-Dey

#155 3 years ago

Sad news. Always enjoyed reading his posts.

#156 3 years ago

One of the first people who reached out and made me feel comfortable in this little community, loved messaging him back and forth shooting the shit about pinball and the Bengals. He was supposed to come down and play Elvira someday soon.

Seriously, fuck this year.

R.I.P. Terry

#157 3 years ago

This place won't quite be the same without him around. Very sad. RIP

#158 3 years ago

Sad news indeed. Rest in peace....

#159 3 years ago

I remember when Iron Maiden very first came out. I was TDY to WPAFB in Dayton for 2 weeks, and I finally got a chance to get over to Columbus to play the game at Yellow Brick Pizza. He and I were texting back and forth like crazy, and I genuinely had never met the guy face to face. I told him my opinion, and he was adamant that I should keep trying it. I played for over 2 hours and told him my genuine thoughts on the game. He then invited me over to his place, an invitation that I did honor. He had food and drink and all sorts of goodies waiting, and he was so excited to share his collection with me - a total stranger - but he treated me like a friend.

I'm glad I took his invitation - little did I know that was the last time I'd see him.

Thank you, Terrie, for your kindness and openness. I wish there could have been more times as I am headed back to Dayton for my next assignment. We had a lot to catch up on : (.

#160 3 years ago

RIP Who-Dey

Hope wherever you are, it’s all Munster Madness level 3

#161 3 years ago

One of the best friends I've ever had, we just made plans to shoot together next week. Terry was a great guy, I can't say what a loss it is for everyone who truly knew him. Terry loved animals and he loved people regardless of who they were, I'm going to miss him a lot. RIP Terry.

Russ

#162 3 years ago

This is gut-wrenching to hear. We often talked about football, dogs, and...of course...pinball (3 of our shared passions).

He was always open and honest about everything, and he spoke up whenever he believed in something...no matter if it was popular or not. He was a 'salt if the earth' type of guy. A TRUE American.

This is a big loss to those who knew him in person, on here, and the pinball community as a whole.

He mentioned to me several times that he felt his work was beating him down and that he couldn't wait to retire. I am truly saddened that he passed at such a young age, but I know that he finally retired to the great beyond in the sky.

Rest in peace brother

In memoriam

#163 3 years ago

This is terrible news. RIP Who-Dey/Terrie.

#164 3 years ago

Saddened to hear that ‘Who Dey’ Terry has passed away. I’ll miss his thoughts/comments on football, dogs, and pinball. My condolences go to his family, friends, and all that knew him.
~Andy

#165 3 years ago

I always liked the trouble he was stirring up.

F

#166 3 years ago

For those of you who knew him, what kind of work did he do? His posts came through like the bosses were busting his balls---a lot. I could sort of read a "sigh of relief" when he said he was going to retire.

#167 3 years ago

Well pinside can now layoff a couple of their moderators

#168 3 years ago

Worked in manufacturing I believe. For the same company for a long time if I remember right.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Worked in manufacturing I believe. For the same company for a long time if I remember right.

Paper mill. 35 years I think.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I always liked the trouble he was stirring up.
F

Kinda like a haymaker...

#171 3 years ago

I didnt know him but looks like he was well loved around here.

RIP dude...

anyone man enough to get on here and give some Munsters rep is all right with me ( I like it too but Im not about to start making a show of it)

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Paper mill. 35 years I think.

Paper mill that’s it. Thanks.

#173 3 years ago

Wow, this is big loss for the community, sad to hear this. RIP Who-Dey.

#174 3 years ago

Terry caught a lot of flak on site but only because he was a "real" person, you never had any doubt who he was or where he stood and regardless of your own stance Terry was genuinely happy to call you friend. I will miss him terribly he was as big in life as he is now in his passing, the world has lost one of its best, he will always be remembered.

Russ

#175 3 years ago

Is am very surprised at how many people he was communicating with. We never spoke of pinsiders it was always pinball talk.

Long live Munsters my friend. I know you loved that game.

#176 3 years ago

Terrible news. We didn't always see eye to eye, but it was always enjoyable having discourse with him. He will be missed.

#177 3 years ago

Sorry to hear. Although it was obvious that we didn't share the same political views, we shared a common passion for pinball and Terry was a good guy. I will miss seeing his posts on Pinside.

RIP and sympathies to his family

#179 3 years ago

Today will be a difficult one - going to the visitation. His uncle Ed is actually into pinball as well - that is how I heard the news. Will be tough to see him and Debbie, hope I can hold it together.

I still remember cursing those damn stairs to get pins in and out of his place!

#180 3 years ago

Condolences to his family and friends. His voice will be missed.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

But he never let ya do it alone, that’s for sure.

#182 3 years ago

Ah man this really bums me out. I liked going back and forth with Terry on the forums. He made this place interesting. RIP buddy.

#183 3 years ago

Very sad indeed. I didn’t know him personally, but it still hurts to see this. RIP.

#184 3 years ago

so sad to hear we lost our biggest Munsters fan.

Pro>Pre I got the last word lol

Rip Who-Dey

#185 3 years ago

Wow, I'm so saddened. The NFL thread will never be the same.
RIP Terrie.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Today will be a difficult one - going to the visitation. His uncle Ed is actually into pinball as well - that is how I heard the news. Will be tough to see him and Debbie, hope I can hold it together.

Make sure to let them know how much he'll be missed here.

#187 3 years ago

I didn’t know him personally like many of you and also amazed how many people knew him so well on pinside, condolences to you all. But being here for the past 8 years, you kinda feel like you do know someone when you read thousands of their posts. When someone passes away like who/dey on pinside, it’s a sad day. Rip

#188 3 years ago

Total shocker
RIP Who-Dey

#189 3 years ago

Death sucks.

Why is his name misspelled in the thread title? It's a "y" in his obit and on his shirt in that pic. Seems disrespectful (though I'm sure it was not intentional). And many are subsequently promulgating the error in their condolences here.

Besides, a diminutive ending in "ie" is usually taken to be feminine, bet he'd have loved that!

#190 3 years ago

I'm sad... and I was just working on a Bengals NFL banner for him, which I wanted to give him for fun because he has commented on my post....
He was a nice guy - RIP!

#191 3 years ago

I'm so sad to hear this. Although we never met in person, we had a some good PM chats. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Who-Dey

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

We didn't always see eye to eye, but it was always enjoyable having discourse with him

The tale of two conversations:

1) Two people go to a movie. After the movie, one person says, " Boy, that was a good movie. I really liked this part. And that part". The 2nd person says, "Yes! It was really good. I liked those parts, too".

End of conversation. Any more talk and you risk sounding like a couple of inbreeds.

2) 2 people go to a movie. After the movie, one person says, " Boy, that was a good movie. I really liked this part. And that part". And the 2nd person says, " I thought it stunk".

Now, you can have a real conversation.

#193 3 years ago

I'm still upset about this. I find it really... I dont want to say irritating, but dammit. I don't like it. So sudden. Too sudden. :/

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Why is his name misspelled in the thread title? It's a "y" in his obit and on his shirt in that pic.

No worry, easily corrected. I just edited the thread title name.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

No worry, easily corrected. I just edited the thread title name.

His Obituary has his last name as Ritchie. Might need to fix that too.

#196 3 years ago

Just saw this thread. Very sorry to hear of his passing. Pinside won't be the same without him. Rest in peace friend.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

We texted a fair amount late night during the “Nightshift”. No words. I’m truly bummed. The pain of 2020 continues. RIP Terry

Following up from yesterday when I heard the news I feel bad that Terry passed in 2020. 2020 has been the worst year for anyone to “live life to the fullest” with everything being restricted and closed off. Unfortunately the toll the virus is having on people”s mind and bodies is heavy even for folks who never got sick. I don’t know if this has contributed to Terry’s situation but I know many who have been effected. Please take care of yourselves as best as possible everyone.

Wish Terry was here to experience life when it got back to at least semi normal again. I miss normal so much.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

His Obituary has his last name as Ritchie. Might need to fix that too.

Done!

#199 3 years ago

Damn. RIP man. I never met the guy but remember PM’ing about buying a super chexx and then discussing other aspects of life with him. I know he rubbed people the wrong way here at times but I always thought he was funny as hell.

#200 3 years ago

I don't post as much anymore but being on pinside for many years I enjoy checking the forum. I didn't know Terry personally but read a ton of his posts and you can tell he was a genuine man, a what you see is what you get kind of a guy. Funny how someone you never met can touch many lives. He will be missed.

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/4?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.