IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I got Terry’s AS! I drove 1000 miles one way to grab this machine. Was working 70 hours a week worth it? Your god damn right it was worth it! My buddy saved it for me. Anyone else going save that shit? Nope only good friend of Terry’s would do that. The best person ever!
[quoted image]

Great to know it's going somewhere where it's going to be loved and appreciated .

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I got Terry’s AS! I drove 1000 miles one way to grab this machine. Was working 70 hours a week worth it? Your god damn right it was worth it! My buddy saved it for me. Anyone else going save that shit? Nope only good friend of Terry’s would do that. The best person ever!
[quoted image]

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I actually played that machine at Terry’s house. He spent about 25 minutes showing me all of the shots and strategies. He definitely liked Aerosmith.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image]

I've still got IM and WD, his uncle still has Munsters.

#654 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image]

That was fun hanging out man. Glad you love it. I am surprised I let it go but I knew I can piss Terry off in the afterlife by buying a Spooky game! Lmao. Rip dude.

B213A4C6-16C7-4D00-836B-127151E81B05 (resized).jpegB213A4C6-16C7-4D00-836B-127151E81B05 (resized).jpeg
#655 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've still got IM and WD, his uncle still has Munsters.

Nice! No clue what happened to his ghostbusters.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Nice! No clue what happened to his ghostbusters.

forgot about that one can't remember who got it.

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

forgot about that one can't remember who got it.

Green machine got that one. I think he sold it.

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:That was fun hanging out man. Glad you love it. I am surprised I let it go but I knew I can piss Terry off in the afterlife by buying a Spooky game!

Yeah that was a good time. I really like that bubble hockey. Going to have to get one at some point. Yeah a spooky! Terry would been giving you hell about that one. I’m glad you like it. The next time I come up I’m flying.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Green machine got that one. I think he sold it.

Yes, unfortunately I was given an ultimatum about GB and had to sell it.

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yes, unfortunately I was given an ultimatum about GB and had to sell it.

Understandable. My wife gave me one on AS. I said I’m getting it anyways. She said I better be working it off. 160 hours of OT isn’t to bad when I have a goal.

1 month later
#661 1 year ago

We need true warriors like this. A man never quits one who will give chance. How many times have you gone social media? Just to disappoint time and time again? Want to be real just look at his posts and hope you can be half.

1 month later
#662 1 year ago

Terry used to message me all the time while I was working night shifts at a hospital. He encouraged me to get on Twitch to make friends and I ended up meeting my husband. I didn't find out he died until a few months later and was so heartbroken. I miss him so much.

1 month later
#663 1 year ago

Who-Dey!

#664 1 year ago
#665 1 year ago

Who-Dey!

5FED05D4-A059-4020-9707-67BD58AD4D7A (resized).jpeg5FED05D4-A059-4020-9707-67BD58AD4D7A (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#666 1 year ago

Who-Dey

5925CF0C-7F00-47BF-945C-8B48E458E0FA.gif5925CF0C-7F00-47BF-945C-8B48E458E0FA.gif
#667 1 year ago

I miss you brother.

#668 1 year ago

Close to 2 years ago now, since this awesome dude left us way too early.

Damn time flies by in a hurry.

Gone but never forgotten, Who-Dey and other friends that have also passed.

Rest in peace, sooner or later we will all be there with you.

As fast as time flies by anymore, it will be very soon.

1 month later
#669 1 year ago

At Pincinnati this weekend. Met Robert who is from just outside Evansville and owns several of Terry’s games. I enjoyed meeting Robert and talking about Terry memories.

#670 1 year ago

I think of Terry and my dear friend George I lost years ago. .Merry Christmas boys! I'll see you guys eventually

#671 1 year ago

I had to fix this shirt. Now it has some Terry going on!

528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg
#672 1 year ago

Losing Who-Dey still hits me hard. He sent me several pm's, and I really thought I would meet him soon, because he was interested in trying out some games that I have, that he was interested in.

I was not trying to sell him anything, I was just trying to help him to decide if some games I have, if he wanted to order, and giving him a chance to play them for free.

He was very entertaining with so many posts on here, every week he would no longer watch NFL games while at the same time I really think he never missed any Bengals games.

Terry Ritchie really helped to change my life.

Between his passing way too young, and some of my best friends also passing, right before retirement, I decided to get as frugal as possible, and I retired at 53.

I still work, but I no longer get up at 5am, sit in any traffic, and go anywhere that I really do not want to go to.

Life is way too short.

RIP TERRY!

2 weeks later
#673 1 year ago
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
#675 1 year ago

Hard to believe how time pass's. We are all two years closer to seeing him again if you think of it in that manner.

1 week later
#676 1 year ago

Just when you think you are in for no more surprises, this was a nice one and cant wait to whip his arse on this.

9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#677 1 year ago
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
1 week later
#678 1 year ago

Who-Dey Terry…………….WHO-DEY

BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpegBC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
#679 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Ok that's a bad ass tombstone. Doesn't make up for dying so young but it had to be said. RIP

I fully agree.

1 week later
#680 1 year ago

#58. Who Dey

#681 1 year ago
5 months later
#682 9 months ago

Who-Dey

#683 9 months ago

It's been awhile now. I miss Terry on pinside. I am approaching retirement similar to Terry. Last summer and fall the workplace about drove me nuts. It was bad. Real bad. It has gotten better and have my eye on the goal line. I have been counting months to go for awhile - at least now its a fluid situation.

I so wish Terry would have made it. Wish he were still here. Miss the messages we traded and discussions on games. We had similar tastes in games. I wonder what games Terry would have embraced and what he would have had to have since he passed on. He planned on getting Elvira. Betting Godzilla and James Bond would have been in his wheelhouse too.

I'm going to reach that retirement goal line. Going to do it. Who-Dey !

2 weeks later
#684 8 months ago

I myself returning to work after nearly ten years off. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries seven years ago.

The retirement post is now my death. (Happily, I might add)
I am just getting started at 56. For Who Dey!
I have an interview Tuesday. Im Nervous a bit, but I plan on chewing up my competition.

#685 8 months ago

WHO DEY BABY!! Miss you brother especially at Pincinnati last year.

WHO-DEY (resized).jpgWHO-DEY (resized).jpg
#686 8 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

It's been awhile now. I miss Terry on pinside. I am approaching retirement similar to Terry. Last summer and fall the workplace about drove me nuts. It was bad. Real bad. It has gotten better and have my eye on the goal line. I have been counting months to go for awhile - at least now its a fluid situation.
I so wish Terry would have made it. Wish he were still here. Miss the messages we traded and discussions on games. We had similar tastes in games. I wonder what games Terry would have embraced and what he would have had to have since he passed on. He planned on getting Elvira. Betting Godzilla and James Bond would have been in his wheelhouse too.
I'm going to reach that retirement goal line. Going to do it. Who-Dey !

Update :
I have Reduced the number of hours I'm working now and plan to go in March after talking with the bosses !

Terry would give his resounding stamp of approval based on exchanges of messages we had.

He'd nod approval for the 3 1/2 day work week I now do, along with practice for retirement balancing out my weeks. He'd also tell me my pinball skills should be improving - LOL

Wish he were still here and telling us all to retire or do whatever we really want to do.

Who-Dey !

#687 8 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I myself returning to work after nearly ten years off. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries seven years ago.
I have an interview Tuesday. Im Nervous a bit, but I plan on chewing up my competition.

This is cool too - Congratulations and Good luck !

#688 8 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Yeah just put out a first turn black lotus. That will teach um to mess with old school! I think you be ok. The old dudes actually want to work. Well at the worst they hire some dumbass and you get to shake your head laugh.

#689 8 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

WHO DEY BABY!! Miss you brother especially at Pincinnati last year.
[quoted image]

Your damn skippy Russ!

#690 8 months ago

I got medley mutiball. I did the impossible. 7,5 angle and tilt almost to papa standard. I know you would be proud of that.

IMG_5153 (resized).jpegIMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#691 7 months ago
IMG_8376.gifIMG_8376.gif
#692 7 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Update :
I have Reduced the number of hours I'm working now and plan to go in March after talking with the bosses !
Terry would give his resounding stamp of approval based on exchanges of messages we had.
He'd nod approval for the 3 1/2 day work week I now do, along with practice for retirement balancing out my weeks. He'd also tell me my pinball skills should be improving - LOL
Wish he were still here and telling us all to retire or do whatever we really want to do.
Who-Dey !

Update 2 : I have moved my retirement date up - Done end of October ! Who-Dey !!!

#693 7 months ago

Terry's Uncle Ed and I are cooking up some charity work with project pinball. Currently we have a NIB JP pro we are giving to project pinball to place somewhere of there choosing. It will have a plaque that is in memory of Terry. We are also working on getting a HUO guardians pro into Dayton Childeren's Hopital - just waiting on Project Pinball to close the loop with them.

DSCN6127 (resized).JPGDSCN6127 (resized).JPGDSCN6128 (resized).JPGDSCN6128 (resized).JPG
#694 7 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Terry's Uncle Ed and I are cooking up some charity work with project pinball. Currently we have a NIB JP pro we are giving to project pinball to place somewhere of there choosing. It will have a plaque that is in memory of Terry. We are also working on getting a HUO guardians pro into Dayton Childeren's Hopital - just waiting on Project Pinball to close the loop with them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome gesture, Scott!

2 weeks later
#695 6 months ago

IMG_8526 (resized).jpegIMG_8526 (resized).jpeg
Who-Dey

#696 6 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Update 2 : I have moved my retirement date up - Done end of October ! Who-Dey !!!

Update 3 : done a bit earlier, happened recently - I am now retired ! October and forward is all mine. Who-Dey !!!

Sure wish Terry would have got to do it. Wanted to see him get there and I also know he'd be happy for me. Many of the messages we traded were about how we each were looking forward to retirement. Retired - its like setting the Grand Champion score in a pin.

#697 6 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Update 3 : done a bit earlier, happened recently - I am now retired ! October and forward is all mine. Who-Dey !!!
Sure wish Terry would have got to do it. Wanted to see him get there and I also know he'd be happy for me. Many of the messages we traded were about how we each were looking forward to retirement. Retired - its like setting the Grand Champion score in a pin.

Congratulations, the time is now yours.

I retired 6 months ago and don't miss my job at all. It seems I don't have time now, to busy doing what I want.

After Terry's passing retirement was on my mind a lot.
Would I make it to Grand Champion.

RIP Who-Dey. Miss you brother

#698 6 months ago

PowerBook is almost 1 billion. magic! If I win I promise a who dey shrine in my arcade. It’s going to say who Dey extremely large. Only we will know what it is. Initially.

IMG_1725 (resized).pngIMG_1725 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#699 6 months ago

Restoring Ed's (Terry's Uncle) Getaway Cabinet. Waiting on powdercoat (dragon's blood)

DSCN6285 (resized).JPGDSCN6285 (resized).JPGDSCN6286 (resized).JPGDSCN6286 (resized).JPG
#700 6 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Restoring Ed's (Terry's Uncle) Getaway Cabinet. Waiting on powdercoat (dragon's blood)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Purdy!!

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/14?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.