IMG_5153 (resized).jpeg
WHO-DEY (resized).jpg
BC512497-26F2-4703-AB6B-0ED0465F2FDB (resized).jpeg
7F302F80-311F-4CE9-BB25-1E097EA8DD0A.gif
9D5CA700-B570-4131-9F2E-5D3AFB50DB98 (resized).jpeg
49D5AD78-C906-44AF-AF00-124659B4F1C1 (resized).jpeg
528A3AB5-1B09-4D9E-9412-3300E72F9813 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://pincinnati.com/tournaments.html#match
Pincinnati Saturday Matchplay tournament will be known as the Whodey matchplay tournament from now on.

Maybe we can get his WD and Maiden in the show this year

#552 2 years ago

That would be awesome!

#553 2 years ago

Man...I pm’d him a few times. Never got to meet him at a show. He was honest.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pincinnati Saturday Matchplay tournament will be known as the Whodey matchplay tournament from now on.

That is certainly awesome Erik.

Pinside isn't the same with some people around...Who-dey is definitely one of those people.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://pincinnati.com/tournaments.html#match

You better have a spot for me!

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

You better have a spot for me!

Be ready to buy on 7/1 and you’ll be fine!

1 week later
#557 2 years ago
FE3916FF-7B23-4CFD-A028-C107DE88E8FF (resized).jpegFE3916FF-7B23-4CFD-A028-C107DE88E8FF (resized).jpeg
#558 2 years ago

The official refreshment of Saturday match play tourneies!

4 weeks later
#559 2 years ago
85077326-7AA6-45C6-AFE1-7833E2B4E41D.gif85077326-7AA6-45C6-AFE1-7833E2B4E41D.gif
#560 2 years ago

Hard to believe he has been gone 7 months. Loved talking to terry

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Hard to believe he has been gone 7 months. Loved talking to terry

I actually listened to an old voicemail of him today I kept. He was telling me how to get to Horde mode on TWD a few years ago.

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I actually listened to an old voicemail of him today I kept. He was telling me how to get to Horde mode on TWD a few years ago.

That’s nice to have some audio of Terry. I would probably start crying…. I’m such a softy

#563 2 years ago

I purchased a game a couple weeks ago. As soon as I made the comment I thought of Terry.
The game was The Munsters.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I purchased a game a couple weeks ago. As soon as I made the comment I thought of Terry.
The game was The Munsters.

I am pretty sure he planned to buy a Elvira as a retirement gift to himself.

I am pretty sure I read a lot of his posts talking about it.

Anyway, a few weeks ago when I picked up Elvira, I was really thinking about Terry.

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I actually listened to an old voicemail of him today I kept

We were almost there, he kept sending me messages here asking questions about my multicade, and I was inviting him to stop by and try it out and I was going to give him my address and phone # as soon as he was ready.

I will never delete our messages here.

Anyway I am self employed, and some clients I do work for pisses me off and stresses me out, and after Terry passed I told them to find someone else. life is too short for me to put up with your crap anymore.

My whole life I have heard people say "life is too short".

When Terry passed, that finally really sunk in, and I am a little bit of a different person now.

I had even told my girlfriend that a friend here named Terry will most likely be hanging out with us soon to try some of the games we have here.

Man his passing was so all of a sudden it is still hard to believe that he is not here now.

I miss Terry!

#565 2 years ago

i kind of liked when he argued or stirred up trouble. he was fun like that. fun guy to talk with on news and politics. also opinionated on pinball games, you can't beat that.

#566 2 years ago

If pinside was the matrix then Who-Dey was the one! He would comment on everything dying people and put his heart out. Then these asshole trolls would attack him. The funny thing it would mess with him. He actually cared what he was posting and what people thought about him. Terry cared cause he was real mother fucker!

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

If pinside was the matrix then Who-Dey was the one! He would comment on everything dying people and put his heart out. Then these asshole trolls would attack him. The funny thing it would mess with him. He actually cared what he was posting and what people thought about him. Terry cared cause he was real mother fucker!

Here! Here! Terry really did care. He was actually very consumed with an issue that some local pinheads had said about him. I believe they were supposed to be his friends. He spoke about it with me multiple times just months before his passing. He was very upset about it. I tried to encourage him to let it go but he really was concerned about what he had said and that they must have misunderstood his meaning behind the statement. I felt bad for him because he was taking it so hard.

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:Here! Here! Terry really did care. He was actually very consumed with an issue that some local pinheads had said about him. I believe they were supposed to be his friends. He spoke about it with me multiple times just months before his passing. He was very upset about it. I tried to encourage him to let it go but he really was concerned about what he had said and that they must have misunderstood his meaning behind the statement. I felt bad for him because he was taking it so hard.

I can't get over how many people he was in touch with . How do you find the time to deal with so many people .
I just feel glad he found some time to deal with me .

#569 2 years ago

I feel like he was bullied on here too.. trolls clearly just trying to get him going on subjects. And he just wouldn't let it go!

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I feel like he was bullied on here too.. trolls clearly just trying to get him going on subjects. And he just wouldn't let it go!

Conservative values don't bode well on pinside. Shame

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Conservative values don't bode well on pinside.

spit.gifspit.gif

#573 2 years ago

I meant to post this here two weeks ago. I was picking up someone at McCarran Airport and saw this vehicle ahead of me....

dbf11929ca37eb2f64ae3523e2d914a319f0d413 (resized).pngdbf11929ca37eb2f64ae3523e2d914a319f0d413 (resized).png
#574 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Conservative values don't bode well on pinside. Shame

sure don't, it's a shame.

#575 2 years ago

Way to politicize the memory of our beloved Who-Dey guys!

Look, can't we all just agree the unconditional, forum-wide love for Who-Dey transcends all political, social, and demographic lines? His memory should provide a chance for unity, not division! I'm sure he'd have wanted it that way.

#576 2 years ago

Terry was pinball through and through.

1 week later
#577 2 years ago

I didn't have any personal dealings with Terry, but I certainly miss his interactions here. Even though I'm a Who Dat and not a Who Dey, it will be an honor to attend his tournament in December!

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I didn't have any personal dealings with Terry, but I certainly miss his interactions here. Even though I'm a Who Dat and not a Who Dey, it will be an honor to attend his tournament in December!

well hopefully I can meet you. Just look away if crazy Levi shows up. I owe him a dirty ass 25 cent. That’s going to be one dirtyass coin.0

1 month later
#579 2 years ago

Pictures from his Uncle - he had some custom additions added to Terry's Munsters game.

IMG_1400 (resized).jpgIMG_1400 (resized).jpgIMG_1407 (resized).jpgIMG_1407 (resized).jpg
#580 2 years ago

RIP Terry...

imagejpeg_1002 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_1002 (resized).jpg
#581 2 years ago

That mod looks awesome! When did they put up his tombstone? I stopped by a couple months ago. I could not find it.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

RIP Terry...
[quoted image]

Fuck , that makes it really official .
Every time I see someone drinking a Pepsi , I think of Terry , as someone mentioned that's what he liked to drink .
He is still thought of and missed by people halfway around the world .
He made such a positive impact on a lot of people .

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Pictures from his Uncle - he had some custom additions added to Terry's Munsters game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you posted those pictures.

I remember 3D printing the rail support to help alleviate the rail to the left of Herm from bending and sending it to Terry. He sure was a Munsters pin fan, but didn't have a 3D printer to fix the rail problem so I reached out to him to let him know I would help out. Simple part to print (probably less than an hour) so I got his address and off it went. It was free, but Terry wanted to pay so I said $10M, LOL - so we settled on having some beers ever we ever met up at a pin show.

After that we traded a fair number of PM's about pins, COVID, retirement, comparing lineups, we sort of planned to have some beers post COVID when the shows started back up. Darn it, that never happened.

Did Terry have a dragster?

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Did Terry have a dragster?

He drove one for sure for many years. Not sure if he owned one. He would still watch it on TV. I called him one night he was watching. I think he said it was to hard on him and the cash expense. He got in riding bikes after that as a hobby. Sold the bike and started playing pinball.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

RIP Terry...
[quoted image]

Damn that hits home. Best tombstone I’ve seen though.

#586 2 years ago

I still love kicking his arse on Pinball Arcade, good times and great bloke.

#587 2 years ago

Ok that's a bad ass tombstone. Doesn't make up for dying so young but it had to be said. RIP

1 week later
#588 2 years ago

He owned it and that was him driving

1 month later
#589 2 years ago

Bengals beat the Steelers today. Thought of Terry today after win. I remember when Terry loved then didn’t love football. We texted a fair amount since I was a night owl and he worked late shifts. I used a tool set the other day that he recommended to me to buy and thought of him also. Still think of him from time to time and this will likely last for a while. I like it. He is good to remember

#590 2 years ago

Anytime the Bengals get mentioned I think of Terry, I still miss him.

#591 2 years ago

This will definitely be the time of the year I think of him the most. Going back-and-forth with football banter. Miss that.

He would say he was leaving the NFL thread after a Bengals loss...then would be back 10 minutes later.

3 weeks later
#592 2 years ago

Just read this. Sad to read. Anyone know what happened? Covid?

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:Anyone know what happened? Covid?

Just a sudden thing that no one really knows, but it is suspected that because he worked a swing shift at his job that his job hours took a big toll on him.

He was always posting about he was about to retire, and we were pulling for him to retire and have a ton of fun, and then suddenly he was just gone.

We had been sending messages, and I thought he was going to stop by here soon to try some games I have that he was interested in trying.

I not only lost Terry(who-dey) on here, that I loved so much, but one month later I lost my best friend that lived next door also. (pancreatic cancer)

I miss both of them so much and I wish they were both still here with me.

Pinside is awesome! But not as great as when who-dey was here being so very fun to read his posts.

RIP Terry, and Dwayne!

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just read this. Sad to read. Anyone know what happened? Covid?

massive heart attack at work

1 week later
#595 2 years ago

Whodey!

#596 2 years ago

Hope your going alright mate , it must be hard .

#597 2 years ago

Anyone who can come to Pincinnati this December - make sure to put a few games on Terry's Walking Dead and Iron Maiden.

#598 2 years ago

Who-Dey……Terry…….Who-Dey!

Can’t believe it’s been a year since we lost him

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone who can come to Pincinnati this December - make sure to put a few games on Terry's Walking Dead and Iron Maiden.

Sweet! That’s great you are doing this!

3 weeks later
#600 2 years ago

Seen this on my way to work!

CE8555CD-16EB-43DB-9FE4-04D21469E938 (resized).jpegCE8555CD-16EB-43DB-9FE4-04D21469E938 (resized).jpeg
There are 706 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-terrie-richie/page/12?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.