Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bud
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD699FA1-C79E-4532-9EE1-167C669FD6B7 (resized).jpeg
    DAFC67CA-463D-460C-ADCD-C5E19575C586 (resized).jpeg
    9AC9CCDC-81DD-43A1-B61B-EBAD471A2806 (resized).jpeg
    25482A68-8C4B-48CC-A22C-6215AB19B930 (resized).jpeg
    A1AFCDB6-87EC-4DBA-8ADA-553EC2017FB3 (resized).jpeg
    15D7CC60-AFD2-4AAC-B277-2656776D3A28 (resized).jpeg
    527E3374-3C9B-45D1-87FA-48D9CCE59B1D (resized).jpeg
    097E1019-51A0-4F9A-8A11-4CD45A68B952 (resized).jpeg
    A7AA73DA-A1A7-455F-B680-3BF5EF25FFBE (resized).jpeg
    6E8B66A4-F9B7-4AD1-ADED-8DA67A3579A0 (resized).jpeg
    78F16144-AB79-49DD-87D2-FCFE3C5AEB26 (resized).jpeg
    49C6C15F-4488-4465-9C3C-4D8CD81D1238 (resized).jpeg
    19948889-BAF7-4754-9C5A-E1B645E32DDA (resized).jpeg
    B0B5181D-A99D-4687-9874-8A49933E025A (resized).jpeg
    A8F3D978-FCD5-4E02-8FE9-A7A71FA8C2E9 (resized).jpeg
    5F86AD81-A82D-48F3-B656-13E428E87345 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #36 Hommage from Phoebe Posted by Butterflygirl24 (4 years ago)

Post #60 Memorial service Posted by Whridlsoncestood (4 years ago)

Post #61 Pictures Posted by Whridlsoncestood (4 years ago)

Post #80 Pictures from the celebration Posted by Whridlsoncestood (4 years ago)

Post #88 Hommage at the Sanctum Posted by Whridlsoncestood (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Didn’t always see eye to eye but always so sad to lose such a big member of the community.

RIP Taxman Dave Tkacs

#2 4 years ago

WHAT!?!? Oh no! I just saw it on Facebook, awful news and a great person in this hobby.

#3 4 years ago

For the non-facebook among us, what happened?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Didn’t always see eye to eye but always so sad to lose such a big member of the community.
    RIP taxman Dave Tkacs

I agree 100% that i didn't always agree with him, but yes, it is sad to lose someone in the community.

Man...life is too short.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

yes, it is sad to lose someone in the community.

It is sad to lose anyone. Rest in peace man. My condolences to the family; stay strong during this difficult time.

#8 4 years ago

I will miss seeing him at the Sanctum. Was just chatting with him Monday night. RIP indeed.

#9 4 years ago

Famous last pinside words...

Quoted from Taxman:

At least you can't see the playfield cracking, chipping, ghosting. . . .

R.I.P Taxman

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

For the non-facebook among us, what happened?

Am also wondering about that: seemed to have passed suddenly and relatively young, 56. A stark reminder, any of us could be here today and gone tomorrow.

Condolences to the family for the sudden loss.

#11 4 years ago

Taxman
    In Memoriam

#12 4 years ago

Wow. This just royally f**ked my day. I was a HUGE fan of David's. Anybody that was at Pintastic a few years ago remembers him putting up "unwanted" signs with my face on it, and hinting that I was propositioning boys in the bathroom or some such bullshit. And then people started drawing on the pictures...truly classic stuff.

This was a guy who made me happy every time I saw him (and it wasn't just because of the Hawaiian shirts!). I'm going to miss his smile, his friendship, and yes...even his abuse. Rest easy, Dave. I hope you're with Molly, and I hope there's plenty of pinball where you are.

#13 4 years ago

RIP Taxman.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14 4 years ago

Way too early!

#15 4 years ago

Real nice guy, very quick witted. Fun to be around, and I wasn’t around him enough. Really can’t believe this.

#16 4 years ago

I think Taxman colorized the Popeye ColorDMD if I remember correctly. Rest in Peace David. I'll miss seeing you on the forum. I offer my sincere condolences to all of his family, friends, and acquaintances.

#17 4 years ago

RIP Taxman, I did not know him but it sounds like he was a great guy.

#18 4 years ago

Just terrible news, gone way too soon. RIP Taxman thanks for the years of advice and enjoyment.

#19 4 years ago

Rip Taxman.

#20 4 years ago

So sad, RIP Taxman.

#21 4 years ago

Wow so young. RIP

#22 4 years ago

Dave colored both Popeye and T2 for ColorDMD. He volunteered for Popeye early on when there really wasn't anyone asking about it. He did it as a nod to Python and Butterflygirl but also it was also for a bit of fun... he wanted to be known as "the guy who colored Popeye." We thought we would produce two, one for Dave and one for Phoebe, but as things progressed, it turned out very well and has been enjoyed by a lot of pinsiders.

Just saw this news here and not yet aware of any details. He was very kind in all my dealings with him and also from what I've heard about him personally.

RIP Dave.

#23 4 years ago

He was also an excellent player with dozens of top 10 finishes here locally and ranked as high as 585 in the world. Always a tough out at the Sanctum and when he chose Silverball Mania, you knew you were in trouble.

#24 4 years ago

Oh no! RIP.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. This just royally f**ked my day. I was a HUGE fan of David's. Anybody that was at Pintastic a few years ago remembers him putting up "unwanted" signs with my face on it, and hinting that I was propositioning boys in the bathroom or some such bullshit. And then people started drawing on the pictures...truly classic stuff.
    This was a guy who made me happy every time I saw him (and it wasn't just because of the Hawaiian shirts!). I'm going to miss his smile, his friendship, and yes...even his abuse. Rest easy, Dave. I hope you're with Molly, and I hope there's plenty of pinball where you are.

Oh Shit, What sad news.....My condolences to the family.

Met him at Pintastic with Randy and had a blast! oh boy...Im upset.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Famous last pinside words...

R.I.P Taxman

That’s the way to go out, on brand!!

Hopefully my last post is lambasting someone for going on about dimpling.

Rip Dave!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

He was also an excellent player with dozens of top 10 finishes here locally and ranked as high as 585 in the world. Always a tough out at the Sanctum and when he chose Silverball Mania, you knew you were in trouble.

Or Space Shuttle. He handed me my ass more than once on that pin!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Dave colored both Popeye and T2 for ColorDMD.

It'll be a cool tribute to be reminded of Dave when any one of us fire up a ColorDMD equipped Popeye or T2.

#29 4 years ago

RIP taxman. theres always gonna be that last game of pinball. hope it was a great one!
    way too young!!

#30 4 years ago

RIP

#31 4 years ago

RIP!!

#32 4 years ago

Wow, that sucks.

#33 4 years ago

Damn...
    Hope Dave and Python are having a laugh over pinball stories.

#34 4 years ago

I once asked why do the best people get taken to soon and was told God takes the prettiest flowers for himself and leaves us the weeds. I also just suddenly lost a close friend way to soon at 60. I blow glass and started teaching him 4 years ago and his wife gave our crew the honors of making his urn for tomorrow's memorial service.
    Sorry for the loss of Taxman and for his family and friends

received_2301065793519850-1 (resized).jpgreceived_2301065793519850-1 (resized).jpgreceived_516839255684007-1 (resized).jpgreceived_516839255684007-1 (resized).jpg
    #35 4 years ago

It's always hard to hear of the loss of an active member of the community.

RIP Taxman

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Dave colored both Popeye and T2 for ColorDMD. He volunteered for Popeye early on when there really wasn't anyone asking about it. He did it as a nod to Python and Butterflygirl but also it was also for a bit of fun... he wanted to be known as "the guy who colored Popeye." We thought we would produce two, one for Dave and one for Phoebe, but as things progressed, it turned out very well and has been enjoyed by a lot of pinsiders.
    Just saw this news here and not yet aware of any details. He was very kind in all my dealings with him and also from what I've heard about him personally.
    RIP Dave.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Dave (or as I called him Shrekman!) in person but through interaction on RGP, Pinside, and FB. We both played in RGP league and enjoyed a friendly rivalry there. We also were friends on FB and had stayed in contact with messages since neither of us posted much on either anymore. Dave was the one that contacted ColorDMD after Python had passed away and colored Popeye in memory of Python as a surprise for me and sent it to me as a gift when it was finished. I was hoping to go to the Pintastic show to be able to finally meet him in person and this year was going to be my best shot...unfortunately it isn't going to happen and I once again missed an opportunity... We never seem to have enough time!! We never know if any of us will see tomorrow or even an hour in the future! I know that he just lost his fur baby Molly in November so I'm sure she was waiting for him at Rainbow Bridge and they are together again! Thoughts and condolences to his family for their loss!

I will always remember him for his witty come backs and posts and the interactions we had through pinball! Rest in peace Shrekman tell Python I miss him and I will see you again one day and get to meet Molly! and we will all play some Popeye!

Here is a classic thread from our RGP days...https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/CzXGfataWNs

Also posting some pics of Dave I grabbed from his website pinbald.com...

Phoebe
    11084277_903799319691641_256259074950725546_n (resized).jpg11084277_903799319691641_256259074950725546_n (resized).jpgShrekMan (resized).JPGShrekMan (resized).JPGmolly (resized).JPGmolly (resized).JPG

#37 4 years ago

F

I remember that guy. Very sad

#38 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that Phoebe, very touching.

Jody
    Gibsonia, PA

#39 4 years ago

A shame. I liked reading his posts. R.I.P.

#41 4 years ago

R.I.P. Taxman. You'll be missed.

LTG : )

#42 4 years ago

R.I.P.

#43 4 years ago

RIP Taxman you will be missed!

#44 4 years ago

Gone too soon, I will miss the Hawaiian shirt. RIP

#45 4 years ago

Never met but I always appreciated his wit through his post here. Rip Taxman, you will be missed.
    Harley D.

#46 4 years ago

Sad news indeed. I had several conversations with him online over the years and he was always pleasant. A sad loss for the hobby.

#47 4 years ago

I did not know David (Taxman) personally,
    but we interacted often on the Pinside Visual Quiz Show guessing game topic.
    He was an prolific and excellent clue giver and guesser.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-visual-quiz-show/page/76#post-5485201

Showing my ignorance, I always thought his pinside moniker "Taxman"
    referred to his possible work as an tax accountant,
    but now realized it is a play on his last name

He will be missed
    RIP Taxman.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

RIP Dave.

When I saw the thread my exact words were "shit, the guy who colored popeye."

Rest in peace and thanks for the laughs Taxman

#49 4 years ago

Dave was one of the most caring and generous folks in the hobby. You just had to break through that shell of his. He was also probably one of the funniest. We hadn't been in contact much over the years, we are both kind of anti social hermits, but when I first started out, he was always there to offer some help and guidance. Several years ago when my dog had bit someone Dave was one of the first folks to reach out to offer support, different alternatives to euthanasia and even financial help if I needed it.

He is notorious in our local community for setting a Battle Zone on fire and also accidentally riding his Fishtales down a flight of stairs when he slipped. He was truly larger than life in every sense of the word. An absolute legend.

My biggest regret will be not staying in touch over the last 5 or so years. Anyway, I grabbed a sixer of his favorite beer and installed the brightest LED"s I could find and about to have a few games in his honor.

BZOuthouse (resized).JPGBZOuthouse (resized).JPG0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg
    #50 4 years ago

Rest in peace, Taxman

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-taxman?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.