Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230114_205614 (resized).jpg
    20230114_205619 (resized).jpg
    20230114_205710 (resized).jpg
    20230114_205627 (resized).jpg
    EA1056C3-A261-4624-B546-A4F920FDA66E (resized).jpeg
    534F6749-F546-4902-9462-5E85948AA3DE (resized).jpeg
    B138FF69-4F22-4426-ACE6-84EA4FED32F7 (resized).jpeg
    15C75F10-FF9F-4C1D-935D-6E0A813FDDB3 (resized).jpeg
    Rack a Ball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PrinzFred.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I was saddened to hear that Steve Corley passed away. For those in Colorado (and beyond) that knew him he restored countless games, added photos, schematics, etc. to IPDB, and contributed greatly to the pinball scene in Colorado and beyond. I'm lucky enough to have spent time with him, hearing about the early pinball scene in Colorado, learning about restoration, and owning a few games he worked on. He always had a story to share, a joke to tell, and despite his health always presented a cheery disposition. RIP Steve

#2 3 years ago
    Rack a Ball (resized).jpgRack a Ball (resized).jpg
    #11 3 years ago

Steve told me this Sound Stage was his first game. His neighbor had it and couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Steve got it for like $50. Wheeled it across the street, replaced a fuse and was hooked on the hobby.

15C75F10-FF9F-4C1D-935D-6E0A813FDDB3 (resized).jpeg15C75F10-FF9F-4C1D-935D-6E0A813FDDB3 (resized).jpeg

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

Steve was a regular at my (former) place, Lyons Classic Pinball, and became a good friend - like many of our customers over the years. Greg's description of him above is spot on. He would drive up to LCP (about an hour's drive) and play for just a few games as it hurt him to stand for any length of time in recent yrs. He just wanted to go for a ride sometimes with a friend and stop in to chat for a few. He holds the all-time high score on our infamous Kismet (2,900, if I'm remembering correctly) - which is rolling it two times. He never let me forget it! The pinball community is missing a great guy today. RIP, Steve and condolences to his family, who he was very proud of.

Kevin, I rented out Lyons this week and texted Steve a photo of kismet and el dorado. Here was his response . . . .

‘Yes Kevin and I must of played Hundreds of games on Eldorado . . . And I played maybe 500 games on Kismet maybe more . . . I don't think anyone has ever beat my high score to date on Kismet. ‘. He talked fondly his visits and time with you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PrinzFred.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-steve-corley?tu=PrinzFred and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.