View topic image gallery

ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
you-serious-clark (resized).jpg
B47AED95-5C86-4CCF-B574-C2BE6DA8FBC3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

"You can disagree without being disagreeable." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

B47AED95-5C86-4CCF-B574-C2BE6DA8FBC3 (resized).jpegB47AED95-5C86-4CCF-B574-C2BE6DA8FBC3 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

OMG RIP RBG

#3 3 years ago

I’m heartbroken. She leaves a HUGE void.

#4 3 years ago

She loved pinball

#5 3 years ago

There'll never be another like her.

R.I.P.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

She loved pinball

Right on pinball loving sister!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

She loved pinball

you-serious-clark (resized).jpgyou-serious-clark (resized).jpg
#8 3 years ago

Wow this will make the next 6 weeks even more interesting. She will be missed, such a powerhouse of a woman.

#9 3 years ago

Hits keep on coming

#10 3 years ago

absolutely terrible news. She was an amazing person who made a huge impact. ugh

#11 3 years ago

Well this is terrible for the constitution...

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Well this is terrible for the constitution...

Nah, she lasted long enough I think...

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah I was being facetious. Right there with you.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Jesus is listening....

#15 3 years ago

Where's that ignore user feature?

#16 3 years ago

#17 3 years ago

There was a time when liberals believed in individual freedoms for all. Fascism/Marxism has unfortunately tainted their ranks.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow this will make the next 6 weeks even more interesting.

46 days.

Mitch is already on it. I imagine both parties have been waiting, with bated breath ( and working papers ready to go) , for this day to happen.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow this will make the next 6 weeks even more interesting. She will be missed, such a powerhouse of a woman.

Not really, Ted Nugent will be installed to the court in about 4 days.

R.I.P.

#20 3 years ago

Trump gets to appoint another one.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Jesus is listening....

I meant that in a good way. There will be no confirmation before the forbidden word......

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

There was a time when liberals believed in individual freedoms for all. Fascism/Marxism has unfortunately tainted their ranks.

I blame all the avocado toast.

#23 3 years ago

is there where we say "in b4 lock"?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Trump gets to appoint another one.

I think you are going to see a Battle Royale. 46 days. Just in time for the election.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I blame all the avocado toast.

I don't blame anyone. Evil likes to cling to power. Doesn't matter whose in charge. Fascism/Marxism has clinged to both sides of the political spectrum depending on where they can gain traction. They need people blind to take take control.

#26 3 years ago

i am sure insiders in washington knew this was coming very soon and were prepared for this.

#27 3 years ago

Trump did release his top 20 replacements two days ago.

Quoted from robotron:

i am sure insiders in washington knew this was coming very soon and were prepared for this.

#28 3 years ago

I wonder if Las Vegas was playing any odds on this happening?

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Trump did release his top 20 replacements two days ago.

Weird timing.

#30 3 years ago

Lady Justice weeps for America has lost a Titan for Justice. RIP RBG!

#32 3 years ago

What's Great, is that she's telling Saint Peter the New rules at the Pearly Gates.
Leave politics or sides out if it.
27 years she served for the greater good as sworn.
Rip Ruth. Respect.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What's Great, is that she's telling Saint Peter the New rules at the Pearly Gates.
Leave politics or sides out if it.
27 years she served for the greater good as sworn.
Rip Ruth. Respect.

That ain't gonna get her far....

#34 3 years ago

I expect to see this Lady on the 10 dollar bill soon, maybe the 20.

#35 3 years ago

Regardless of politics, I thought RBG was an incredibly thoughtful and sincere Justice. I always got the sense that she was trying to do what she thought was right. She lead an incredible life and will definitely leave a void on the Supreme Court.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

is there where we say "in b4 lock"?

I hope not.
On top of all the monumental events of 2020 this tops the cake.
If everyone is reserved we could discuss this in a way thats acceptable to the Moderators.

#37 3 years ago

The battle to confirm this justice will be world war 3. I hope it sets a precedent our government has to uphold, rather than the illegal takeover when Obama's last choice wasn't even given his constitutional due.

If the rule finds for Trump to pick then the same rule should apply to the nomination before, and the court should be expanded in fairness to take that justice on as well.

To this day I'm still not certain how that didn't make it to the US for review before Trump took over. No reason on earth one party should steal a slice of cake and be able to hold it back when things come full circle.

What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. Either party.

#38 3 years ago

Really . How about any of the 29 Soldiers who died this year from Fort Hood? Do you know their names? Oh that's right nobody knew about them. This lady siad in an interview that she would look at the south Africann constitution as a model. Realy?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Regardless of politics, I thought RBG was an incredibly thoughtful and sincere Justice. I always got the sense that she was trying to do what she thought was right. She lead an incredible life and will definitely leave a void on the Supreme Court.

Agreed. I didn’t always agree with her, but there’s no denying she was an absolute dynamo and an inspiration for many young women (including my daughter who’s crushed that she’s gone).

#40 3 years ago

Absolute loss for this country. RIP.

#41 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#42 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The battle to confirm this justice will be world war 3. I hope it sets a precedent our government has to uphold, rather than the illegal takeover when Obama's last choice wasn't even given his constitutional due. If the rule finds for Trump to pick then the same rule should apply to the nomination before, and the court should be expanded in fairness to take that justice on as well. To this day I'm still not certain how that didn't make it to the US for review before Trump took over. No reason on earth one party should steal a slice of cake and be able to hold it back when things come full circle. Either party.

Then why argue one parties side if it's regardless of party? Lots of things to walk back with that logic.

#43 3 years ago

it is honorable and respectful to respect a persons dying wish, hers was not to be replaced until the new administration is sworn in whether it be Republican or Democratic. It will be interesting to see if her dying wish is respected or this turns into dinner for schmucks.

#44 3 years ago

RIP RBG. Pretty amazing life. One for the history books.

#45 3 years ago

Then why argue one parties side if it's regardless of party? Lots of things to walk back with that logic.

Wrong. I'll argue the republican party's side.

Easy. MrMcConnell- We created a precedent back in 2016 that in the final year the incumbant president of the opposing party to the Senate doesn't get to pick a supreme court seat. Okay, so that means the party with all the say in the final year can't be blocked from making the nomination.

It's not a good argument. But I can make it. I definitely can make it. Believe me friends on both sides, this legal fight is going to be ugly.

But don't be surprised if the pendulum swings the other way. What's good for the goose is probably gonna be found to be good for the gander.

#46 3 years ago

Wrong. I'll argue the republican party's side.
Easy. MrMcConnell- We created a precedent back in 2016 that in the final year the incumbant president of the opposing party to the Senate doesn't get to pick a supreme court seat. Okay, so that means the party with all the say in the final year can't be blocked from making the nomination.
It's not a good argument. But I can make it. I definitely can make it. Believe me friends on both sides, this legal fight is going to be ugly.
But don't be surprised if the pendulum swings the other way. What's good for the goose is probably gonna be found to be good for the gander.

Oh, I agree. But you are still only looking at this one sided.

#47 3 years ago

Oh, I agree. But you are still only looking at this one sided.

Okay, whatever you think.

#48 3 years ago

Okay, whatever you think.

Don't be so obtuse. Politics has been a game of one-upmanship since its inception.

#49 3 years ago
ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gifecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-ruth-bader-ginsburg?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.