5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by aeneas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ross Ellis and I, Aug. 15th, 2011 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Found out earlier today that my first pinball buddy passed away a little over a week ago. I know he never visited Pinside but was a staple on RGP back in the day. We first met in 1997 and spent much time at each others houses and going to various shows, auctions and warehouse raids together for many years. The obituary is a little misleading as it says he moved to Florida in 1994, but actually he didn't move there full time until 2003.

http://farleyestesdowdle.tributes.com/obituary/show/Ross-Leroy-Doc-Ellis-106564421
    The funeral is here in Battle Creek this coming Saturday if anyone wants to attend.

Anyways, the last time I seen Ross was when he was up here for a visit from Florida and we finally got our picture taken together in 2011, the only one it seems. Although I do have some vhs video of him and I at different shows but that's even older....LOL.
    Anyways, just thought I'd mention his passing here as I know there are others that will remember him from the old RGP days. I'll miss you Ross!!
    Your friend,

John P. Dayhuff

Ross Ellis and I, Aug. 15th, 2011 (resized).JPGRoss Ellis and I, Aug. 15th, 2011 (resized).JPG
    #2 5 years ago

Sorry to hear about the passing of your first pinball buddy John. I do remember Doc from the old RGP days. Rest in peace Doc!

#3 5 years ago

I remember Doc as well from rgp....always was willing to help out with his posts.....RIP Doc!

#4 5 years ago

Ah the good ol rgp days, don't miss Frankfurter, but Doc was one of the good ones.

#5 5 years ago

We had some fun back in the day on RGP.
    RIP Doc.

#6 5 years ago

The service was very nice this morning. I talked to the family and they said it would be alright if I were to place a pinball ball inside the grave next to the urn. We'll I just happen to have one on me for just such an occasion.
    I think Ross would have liked that. God I miss him!!

John

#7 5 years ago

I only knew Doc through RGP, but he seemed like a real good guy.

Sorry for his family's, yours, and the pinball hobby's loss!

#8 5 years ago

I remember him from rgp. Rip.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-ross-doc-ellis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.