(Topic ID: 315945)

RIP Ray Liotta

By ImNotNorm

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7C0A4D03-98F4-4E75-9C60-2940AF23B76F.gif
    3214B4F6-D54E-433A-9F5B-773D663D7FD8.gif
    6hn0mt.gif
    OIP.-wMsTsnIMtVoMJ5Q2Hnh2QHaFU (resized).jpg
    60B6ABB3-B269-4B78-A8DC-8B29356F4C64 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

RIP Ray Liotta. One of my favorite actors passed away in his sleep in the Dominican Republic.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/goodfellas-actor-ray-liotta-dead-67/story?id=84997668

My favorite movie he was in was "No Escape."

#2 1 year ago

He will be missed

#3 1 year ago

Phenomenal actor. Goodfellas is his best work.

#4 1 year ago

This is a shock. Great actor.

#5 1 year ago

Definitely one of our favorite movies.

60B6ABB3-B269-4B78-A8DC-8B29356F4C64 (resized).jpeg60B6ABB3-B269-4B78-A8DC-8B29356F4C64 (resized).jpeg
    #6 1 year ago

What a bummer. Always enjoy watching Goodfellas. RIP.

#7 1 year ago

Ah man, loved his movies!

#8 1 year ago

Damn, only 67 yrs old. Just saw him recently in The Many Saints of Newark. RIP Ray.

#9 1 year ago

Great character actor, RIP Ray Liotta

#10 1 year ago

Ray was a huge pinside contributor as I cant count how many times Ive seen this meme here. Truly a talented actor. RIP.

OIP.-wMsTsnIMtVoMJ5Q2Hnh2QHaFU (resized).jpgOIP.-wMsTsnIMtVoMJ5Q2Hnh2QHaFU (resized).jpg
    #11 1 year ago

Great guy, used to run into him at a few local restaurants after he had bought a home for his mother in the area.

#12 1 year ago

Shocking news

#13 1 year ago

Sad, of course Goodfellas was his best movie.

‘Killing them Softly’ with Brad Pitt and the late James Gandolfini was not bad gangster movie.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

RIP Ray Liotta. One of my favorite actors passed away in his sleep in the Dominican Republic.
    https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/goodfellas-actor-ray-liotta-dead-67/story?id=84997668
    My favorite movie he was in was "No Escape."

I’ve never seen No Escape, going to have to look that up.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve never seen No Escape, going to have to look that up.

Great movie! I think I'll watch it today as a tribute.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0110678/

#16 1 year ago

Very sad to hear RIP

#17 1 year ago

one of my favorite actors. terrible

#18 1 year ago

If you only know him from Goodfellas, check out "Something Wild" a cult Jonathan Demme film from 1986.

He was really good.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

If you only know him from Goodfellas, check out "Something Wild" a cult Jonathan Demme film from 1986.
    He was really good.

Agreed, he did some terrific work outside of Goodfellas.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

He was really good.

He was even good in Wild Hogs where Peter Fonda shows up at the end to straighten Ray out.

#21 1 year ago

I’ve never seen Goodfellas but I will tonight. Loved his character in Wild hogs and Blow. Great actor.

#22 1 year ago

Wild Hogs, lol. That movie was so horrible but so good at the same time!

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I’ve never seen Goodfellas but I will tonight. Loved his character in Wild hogs and Blow. Great actor.

And what a treat you will be in for. Get the popcorn ready.

#24 1 year ago

Damn good fella. Thanks Ray

#25 1 year ago

Field of dreams was another one of his excellent movies. May he Rest In Peace.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I’ve never seen Goodfellas

I honestly don't know if I've ever heard anyone say this before.

#27 1 year ago

Wadda mean I'm funny?

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Look out for Michael Imperioli

27 actors later featured in the Sopranos

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/goodfellas-the-sopranos-actors-anniversary-lorraine-bracco-michael-imperioli-b435765.html?amp

#29 1 year ago

What a loss : (. I first discovered him in Unlawful Entry. Then I saw more movies he was in and knew he was going to be a favorite. His role in Heartbreakers was hilarious.

#30 1 year ago

Underrated Ray trilogy …
    Identity, Narc and Copland

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Ray was a huge pinside contributor as I cant count how many times Ive seen this meme here.

I put a little something to it today.
    Likely has been done before but saw a reason today on here for this, thanks for the laughs Ray!

6hn0mt.gif6hn0mt.gif
    #32 1 year ago

Damn. Now who will play the corrupt cop everyone saw coming as soon as the actor walks into the frame?

Rest in peace, though. Taken too soon.

#33 1 year ago

Very sad news. He was one of the rare talents that you would watch a movie only because he was in it. He is a big reason why GTA: Vice City is so loved too.

#34 1 year ago

No Escape was great but Godfellas was A Diamond.Too Young

#35 1 year ago
    3214B4F6-D54E-433A-9F5B-773D663D7FD8.gif3214B4F6-D54E-433A-9F5B-773D663D7FD8.gif
    #36 1 year ago

Let's not forget "Hannibal" in 2001 when Hannibal Lector feeds him pieces of his own brain.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Let's not forget "Hannibal" in 2001 when Hannibal Lector feeds him pieces of his own brain.

I completely forgot about that! Another good movie....but that scene was really nuts!

#38 1 year ago

Something Wild. Scary performance

#39 1 year ago
    7C0A4D03-98F4-4E75-9C60-2940AF23B76F.gif7C0A4D03-98F4-4E75-9C60-2940AF23B76F.gif
    #40 1 year ago

He moved on from this timelife in the Dominican Republic. An amazing place. Personally worked on productions there. I hope the piece somehow gets finished.
    I'm an old $%&# now and looked up Goodfellas. I was the dailies projectionist on Other Peoples Money (no credits for me, that's a whole 'nother story, related to the mob) but one day a film came into the makeshift booth in Danbury CT, it was Goodfellas. I showed it before it was released to Norman Jewison, Haskel Wexler and anyone else that showed up. Who knows, I was busy "threading up" to see who was in my audience...
    (Threading up is a term used to "lace" or navigate the actual film into the projector.)

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

He was really good.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-great-was-ray-lotta-he-had-me-at-something-wild

#42 1 year ago

OH,Man,what a drag!! Excellent talent!!R.I.P.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I honestly don't know if I've ever heard anyone say this before.

Movie was good, big moment was when Joe Pesci got “whacked”. BTW, have never sat through a Seinfeld show.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Movie was good, big moment was when Joe Pesci got “whacked”. BTW, have never sat through a Seinfeld show.

I’m sorry.

#45 1 year ago

Check out the interview he did on The Dan Patrick Show Nov.23/21. Very memorable.

As probably with others, Goodfellas is my favorite movie.

I love his line in Field of Dreams when Shoeless Joe was asked why Ty Cobb wasn't there and he says "Ty wanted to play but we couldn't stand the son of a bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it"

RIP Ray

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-ray-liotta-?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.