Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A004CB6F-A4E4-4DB8-91FE-10E4B892D0E8 (resized).png
92265B7E-9A2C-41BD-8455-88187673ACEC (resized).png
simpsons-nostalgia-140897932262 (resized).jpg
5b97c62d2a556.image (resized).jpg
9F5D3642-9E8B-4154-9F93-BC1142E15AB3 (resized).jpeg
180424090006-01-george-hw-bush-lead-restricted-exlarge-tease (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

President George Herbert Walker Bush passed away on November 30, 2018.

This thread will be the only thread that we will allow on Pinside that focuses on his passing.

We will not allow political posts in this thread.

If you want to share a fond memory or condolences for his passing, you are welcome in this thread.

If you want to bring up old political battles or cause discord by trying to steer this thread towards political discussion, this thread is not for you.

Pinside Staff will be monitoring this thread. If someone breaks the rules by making a political post, please report it.

Please do not engage those breaking the rules.

Thanks.

Pinside Staff

#2 5 years ago

Best wishes to the family. Hard to believe how long ago it’s been since his term. I read he is the last president to have served in WWII.

#3 5 years ago

Great American hero. Served in WW11 and then served our country for decades.

Classy man. RIP President Bush.

#5 5 years ago

End of a era, Rip Mr President. Class till the end.

#6 5 years ago

Great American and a great President!

RIP President Bush!

#7 5 years ago

R.I.P

GHWB

My condolences to his family!

#9 5 years ago

Born and raised in Houston and I can tell you he was a valuable, contributing part of our community. He did a great service for our country, in his way. R.I.P.

#10 5 years ago

Forget about politics no matter which side you fall on, a patriarch of a great loving family.

#11 5 years ago

To me the George Harrison of presidents. Interpret that for whatever you want to make of it except political which it is not.

RIP

#13 5 years ago

Yes. Show some respect or move along. He was a great man. R.I.P.

#14 5 years ago

RIP President Bush
180424090006-01-george-hw-bush-lead-restricted-exlarge-tease (resized).jpg180424090006-01-george-hw-bush-lead-restricted-exlarge-tease (resized).jpg

#15 5 years ago

RIP President Bush your service to our country will not be forgotten.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

We will not allow political posts in this thread.

#20 5 years ago

I think of him as a great charismatic worldleader who did a lot for this world.
Respect to him and condolences to his family.
R.I.P.

#24 5 years ago

when I was young I found a picture of my grandfather playing golf with president Bush, I wonder who won? Rest in peace

#25 5 years ago

He was a great man. RIP. I always loved the video of him being rescued at sea.

#26 5 years ago

Just saw this on the feeds. RIP and " New World Order"

#27 5 years ago

Always some moron out there who can't read.
The facts are unless you were there, in the room, and watched it happen, you do not know the facts.

RIP Mr. President.

#28 5 years ago

He was a really good man. His views might not have always lined up with mine but he served his country with class.

It's a death notification thread. If you cant respect someone for their contributions to the world without finding some political reason to charge up your hate I truly feel sorry for you.

#29 5 years ago

There is no such thing as being apolitical. Enforcing conformity is a political choice. Posting or not is a political statement.

#30 5 years ago

Geez when I die please don’t post it on pinside holy cow

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Always some moron out there who can't read.
The facts are unless you were there, in the room, and watched it happen, you do not know the facts.

What an absurd epistemological statement.

#32 5 years ago

Well said @jgentry...thanks for your service President Bush. Some of us do care and if you don’t...why would you click on this thread in the first place???

Hilton = no class

#34 5 years ago

Lol, maybe step back and try to figure out why something like this makes you so angry and work on that. Likely doesn't have much to do with presidents, politics, snowflakes, etc.

#35 5 years ago

Be at peace sir.
Your watch has ended.

#36 5 years ago

Is it just me or does pinside continue to gain more and more wonderful new members every year lol.

RIP President Bush. If for nothing else simply for the line “read my lips”.

#37 5 years ago

I disagreed with his politics but I respect his service to the country, both in WWII and choosing to pursue a lifetime of public service. He also seems to have been a decent man in his private life, in the old school sense, an increasingly rare quality these days.

Also, while Whysnow appears to be hyperventilating, I agree with him that this thread belongs in the O/T section, unless we’ve got pics of the man playing pinball.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I agree with him that this thread belongs in the O/T section, unless we’ve got pics of the man playing pinball.

1,000 %.

#39 5 years ago

I heard a poignant remembrance of President Bush on NPR this AM provided by a former speech writer of his. Apparently George Bush Sr. preferred to talk about others rather than himself, and only in a good way. Very admirable trait. I wish more of our leaders emulated this behavior.

RIP "41"

#40 5 years ago

WWII hero? Yes. That's where it ends for me.

#41 5 years ago

The note he wrote to Bill Clinton on Clinton’s Inauguration Day is also pretty telling. Again, not something I’d expect to see today.

9F5D3642-9E8B-4154-9F93-BC1142E15AB3 (resized).jpeg9F5D3642-9E8B-4154-9F93-BC1142E15AB3 (resized).jpeg
#42 5 years ago

Thank you for your service to your country Mr President. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from VampireKangaroo:

Born and raised in Houston and I can tell you he was a valuable, contributing part of our community. He did a great service for our country, in his way. R.I.P.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

#44 5 years ago

And all of your political pinball stupid bullshit POV off every post, that you have a temper tantrum on.

#45 5 years ago

RIP
Thank you for your service

5b97c62d2a556.image (resized).jpg5b97c62d2a556.image (resized).jpg
#46 5 years ago

Rest in Peace.

#47 5 years ago

Stern should make a bush pin

#48 5 years ago

A fascinating man with a fascinating life... even before he became President!

American Hero IMO.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

WWII hero? Yes. That's where it ends for me.

Isn’t that enough to be gracious in honoring the loss on a true hero who received the Distinguished Flying Cross.

#50 5 years ago

He's been ailing for years. It's for the best I guess.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-president-george-hw-bush?hl=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.