Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

41mV2dPtHUL.jpg
    _norm-02 (resized).png
    20220531_195024.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-133817_Outlook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ED484A55-4AB5-48F5-9B88-8D200D3FF626.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210915-193153_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Z.jpg
    Norm (resized).jpg
    norm (resized).jpg
    normchicken.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    16316672895743191236642461821293 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-162256.png
    F7728E46-DB9A-40A6-A39C-CC742268C7D4 (resized).jpeg
    2211829A-8F6A-4FEA-BDB6-3ECEC07CE64B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Great deadpan except he always delivered it all with that little smile. They replaced him on Weekend Update with somebody who is about 1/10th as funny.

Right? That little stare & smile after delivering what he knew was a huge cringer…like he knew he was doing something naughty, but in a kind of innocent way. He was my favorite weekend update anchor. He’d do the same Michael Jackson punchline every week, and you know he was doing it just to piss off Lorne Michaels…it was so funny. I just watched a compilation of it on YouTube….still funny lol.

He was the the original voice of Death on Family Guy…for some reason he didn’t want to do it again & the role was taken over by Adam Carolla. Stern used the Norm Death clips in Family Guy pinball, without permission. As a “peace offering”, they offered Norm a pin…he was thrilled with it, and even talked up how much he loved the pin on Leno. He was showing pictures of his house that was for sale…the FGY pin was in the pictures, but he said he’s keeping it.

When I was in college I thought Norm had a perfect cartoon voice…if you haven’t seen Mike Tyson Mysteries, check it out - he’s absolutely hilarious as Pigeon.

RIP Norm!
    (How did Artie Lange outlive Norm?!?!)

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

This thread is a killer tribute to one of my favorite comedians.
    Really great stuff, and excellent reminders here of just how great he really was. His comedy was so effortless.

I’m listening to Howard Stern remembering Norm…he played this clip and I burst out laughing.

Sorry if this was posted in this thread already lol

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from nudgefree:

Maybe not so deeply closeted anymore... ;D Here's a previously unpublished clip from his buddy Rob Schneider. Triple trigger warning for those susceptible to being offended, definitely NSFW:

Rob Schneider is painfully unfunny, but I laughed at Norm. He elevates the material.

Only thing that offends me is Rob Schneider playing a 14 year old in Surf Ninjas lol

ED484A55-4AB5-48F5-9B88-8D200D3FF626.jpegED484A55-4AB5-48F5-9B88-8D200D3FF626.jpeg
    #144 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here you go. His level of trolling on the show is amazing! They couldn't even catch on that he was messing with them.

Wow, I had no idea about that View bit. Guess I was out of the Norm loop. Most of Norm’s schtick was “I’m a slow talking unassuming nice guy and then BAM something inappropriate.” That’s the joke. Doesn’t mean he means any ill will. I was actually expecting him to give a 5 minute sincere apology followed by “Well thanks for having me on, c*nts!”

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-norm-macdonald?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.