Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

41mV2dPtHUL.jpg
    _norm-02 (resized).png
    20220531_195024.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-133817_Outlook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ED484A55-4AB5-48F5-9B88-8D200D3FF626.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210915-193153_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Z.jpg
    Norm (resized).jpg
    norm (resized).jpg
    normchicken.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    16316672895743191236642461821293 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-162256.png
    F7728E46-DB9A-40A6-A39C-CC742268C7D4 (resized).jpeg
    2211829A-8F6A-4FEA-BDB6-3ECEC07CE64B (resized).jpeg
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

Lost one the truly great stand up comedians.

Norm Macdonald passes at 61 years old

#2 2 years ago

So sad. RIP Norm, you will be missed

#3 2 years ago

Ugh.. this one hurts... one of the greatest.

#4 2 years ago

Will play some extra games on Family Guy tonight in his honor.

#5 2 years ago

Man, cancer again. And hardly anyone even knew about it, sucks. I always enjoyed Norm's roles and standup.

#6 2 years ago

loved his work

#7 2 years ago

He did such a great Burt Reynolds
    Offended everyone with his weekend updates
    Loved it - Sad news

#8 2 years ago

Was just watching some old snl clips on the weekend. Love Turd Ferguson.

url.jpgurl.jpg
    #9 2 years ago

Oh man. Wtf

#10 2 years ago

RIP Norm.

#11 2 years ago

Sorry to hear. RIP Norm (Pigeon)

Pidgeon (resized).jpgPidgeon (resized).jpg
    #13 2 years ago

Man. This sucks. I saw him several times. Funniest guy who ever lived.

#14 2 years ago

Oh man. I've been using this as my avatar in a pictionary like game we play on our phones...for a long time.

Screenshot_20210914-141521_DrawKing (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210914-141521_DrawKing (resized).jpg
    #15 2 years ago

Norm had an awesome bit on if you have cancer and die you win the battle because you killed the cancer. His delivery on all of his jokes was genius. Really hurts to lose him.
    Its almost like an entire genre dies with him because no one can copy his style or delivery.

#16 2 years ago

Such a unique comedian. Made me laugh. Rip

#17 2 years ago

Who is responsible? You guessed it. Frank Stallone.

Man, this blows. Loved him on Weekend Update. RIP my friend.

#18 2 years ago

Loved his rather unique (and politically incorrect) brand of humor.

RIP

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Loved his rather unique (and politically incorrect) brand of humor.
    RIP

I love deadpan humor and he was the king. RIP.

#20 2 years ago

dam this blows. loved norm . major bummer.

#23 2 years ago

Rest In Peace Norm

#24 2 years ago

This really blows.

I had tickets to see him right before COVID hit and it was cancelled. One of my all time favorite comedians.

#25 2 years ago

The greatest American/pigeon who ever lived... who was a comedian... and had really funny OJ jokes. Fucking sucks.

#26 2 years ago

It's a damn shame O.J. outlives him.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The better half of the Man Show. RIP Norm [quoted image]

i think you got that wrong my friend. thats adam carolla with jimmy the douche bag kimmel

#28 2 years ago

I guess spending all that time in proximity with Adam Egret must have made him sick.

#29 2 years ago

Wow, I had no idea that he'd been battling cancer for nine years. That sucks.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

The greatest American/pigeon who ever lived... who was a comedian... and had really funny OJ jokes. Fucking sucks.

Norm was born in Canada, Quebec City.

#31 2 years ago

#32 2 years ago

My Same Age. For Everyone, the Number is different, but as you get closer, well you order a Godzilla.

RIP Sir, Thanks for the laughs.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Norm Macdonald passes at 61 years old

2211829A-8F6A-4FEA-BDB6-3ECEC07CE64B (resized).jpeg2211829A-8F6A-4FEA-BDB6-3ECEC07CE64B (resized).jpeg
    #34 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i think you got that wrong my friend. thats adam carolla with jimmy the douche bag kimmel

Crap , I stand corrected on that.!!

#35 2 years ago

Best Colonel Sanders ever RIP Norm.

#36 2 years ago

Great deadpan except he always delivered it all with that little smile. They replaced him on Weekend Update with somebody who is about 1/10th as funny.

#37 2 years ago

Front and center on the Mt. Rushmore of stand ups.

#38 2 years ago

“I’m not a doctor, but I’m pretty sure if you die, the cancer dies at the same time. That’s not a loss. That’s a draw.

F7728E46-DB9A-40A6-A39C-CC742268C7D4 (resized).jpegF7728E46-DB9A-40A6-A39C-CC742268C7D4 (resized).jpeg

Nice draw Norm.
    RIP

#39 2 years ago

A true original. Norm's 2011 special ("Me Doing Standup") is my favorite comedy album ever, no question. And if you like his stuff but didn't catch all three seasons of his podcast ("Norm MacDonald Live") it's a must-listen. They pulled it off the Apple store and Youtube when he got his most recent Netflix show but I'm hoping it will resurface now that he's passed. Youtube also has compilations of his Letterman and Conan appearances that are gold, I've watched them a dozen times and still get sucked in every six months or so.

I always planned to see Norm live when he passed through Denver on one of his relentless standup tours, but somehow it never happened. I'm sorry to have missed him.

#40 2 years ago

Very sad. This guy goes into my list of Canadian comics we've lost too soon like Candy and Hartmann. When I was younger we would always go see Norm when he would headline at Yuk Yuks in Yorkville (Toronto) during his early years. It was always unique and hilarious. 'Weiner dog' is one particular early routine I used to enjoy. RIP Norm.

#41 2 years ago

This one hit hard. I am a huge fan of Norm.

Sad day indeed.

#42 2 years ago

One of the greatest. Lucky enough to see him live a few times; have never laughed harder.

Definitely check out Norm Macdonald Live - the video podcast he hosted on Amazon (now on YouTube, I believe). Every episode worth a watch, but two of my favorites were Fred Willard and Tim Allen. “Who Jackie?” in the former, and the “candyman” riff in the latter. Make me literally lol just thinking about them.

RIP Norm.

#43 2 years ago

Best comedian of this generation.

At least he wasn't a hypocrite.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

At least he wasn't a hypocrite.

Laughing just reading this! Goddamn, I'm going to miss this guy.

#45 2 years ago

RIP Norm - one of a kind, and a lot of class too.

#46 2 years ago

For anyone who has seen the profane celebrity roasts on Comedy Central: Norm MacDonald, I forget who was being roasted but his roast routine was to make bad, inane jokes that were explicitly anti-profane and purposely lame. Also, I always thought he'd be a great Jeopardy guest host. RIP.

#47 2 years ago

What ! That guys awesome so sad !

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For anyone who has seen the profane celebrity roasts on Comedy Central: Norm MacDonald, I forget who was being roasted but his roast routine was to make bad, inane, jokes that were explicitly anti-profane. Also, I always thought he'd be a great Jeopardy guest host. RIP.

That was the Bob Sagat roast.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That was the Bob Sagat roast.

"You have a lot of well-wishers here tonight. And a lot of them would like to throw you down one -- a well. They want to murder you in a well, which seems a bit harsh, but that's what it says here on this cue card."

#50 2 years ago

For any Norm fans who want to watch some of his stuff there's a YouTube channel that was run by him that I subscribed to.

Not sure if it will continue on but it's a great place to watch his skits and humour.

YouTube channel is called "I'm not norm" for those who are interested.

Screenshot_20210914-162256.pngScreenshot_20210914-162256.png
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-norm-macdonald?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.