Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by adamross
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E3F4EB9D-A839-473E-8E50-2C8A59FCA998 (resized).jpeg
    115EEFAC-BD71-4C51-9593-C9B8F115DF44 (resized).jpeg
    FE18D25D-E424-4994-A626-F9C86D4BFB33 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3410 (resized).JPG
    21D0040D-6F64-4DB4-81D6-4477559ABD93 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Screwloose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 2 years ago

I believe this is the same Nick in this photo? I don't remember his last name but I met this Nick on a "toy" buying trip to the US in 2010. I answered an add for a pinball & it was Nick selling on behalf. I ended up buying the machine & several others. Nick & his partner were extremely helpful. I still own a Bally Playboy he worked on the boards in before I shipped it back to Oz. This photo was of us enjoying dinner one night in their favorite Mexican restaurant in LA. If it is the same Nick, which I am convinced it is, they resided in LA & travelled backwards & forwards to Las Vegas as part of his work. I believe his cousin? owned the pinball museum in Vegas?

IMG_3410 (resized).JPGIMG_3410 (resized).JPG
    #16 2 years ago

If memory serves me correctly his partner's name was Scott? Great guys both of them & they really helped us out. I will never forget them nor their efforts. It's sad to hear of his passing. As well as being a really nice guy he was extremely talented & I'm sure you guys are going to miss him.

#18 2 years ago

A lovely post. Having met Nick & remembering the lasting impression he left on me for the time that I knew him I can imagine you , like many others, are devastated by his passing.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from ufopinball:

Scott was a great guy, too. Nick's current partner was Erick, who I have yet to meet, but I understand he was by Nick's side every day.

When I was referring to Scott being Nick's partner it was that they were in business together. I was unaware of any romantic involvement they may have had.

In Australia I often talk about my partner, but he is the other guy I am in business with. However I use several terms to describe my wife such as "The other half" "My better half" "She who must be obeyed" "The minister of finance" "The minister of war" or depending on the current state of the economy....Minister of finance & war!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Screwloose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-nick-kovalevsky-planet-9-pinball?tu=Screwloose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.